Red carpet returns

gbenjo

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

It looks fantastic, just how it used to be although a little longer. Too bad it won't be there for me for my next cruise.

No bubbly though, so not as good as the original 😁😁

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

It looks fantastic, just how it used to be although a little longer. Too bad it won't be there for me for my next cruise.

Just a little bit longer than the original 😁

102.JPG.b6648794eaa9326a23300aa792fcd93c.jpeg

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, resordanis said:

I did see the red carpet yesterday, and it looked very welcoming. Hope it there on Friday🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sadly not, it will be off to Melbourne today with the Resilient Lady, but just as good, or better, I will be there to welcome you. 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Sadly not, it will be off to Melbourne today with the Resilient Lady, but just as good, or better, I will be there to welcome you. 😂😂😂😂😂

I know you will be there, smiling as usual! See you Friday. Hopefully a quick check in with less people. 

• Like 1

When we checked in to Resilient Lady on Tuesday all the signs over the check in counters were Virgin branded with lots of red. They looked like they were made for these counters. We assumed the signs and carpet were all owned by the port and the cruise company fees would cover the cost of them. So do they actually belong to the ship and go with them to each port? (I wouldn't expect every port to have the same setup for signage etc...) or are they stored at the terminal for next time?

14 hours ago, colourbird said:

When we checked in to Resilient Lady on Tuesday all the signs over the check in counters were Virgin branded with lots of red. They looked like they were made for these counters. We assumed the signs and carpet were all owned by the port and the cruise company fees would cover the cost of them. So do they actually belong to the ship and go with them to each port? (I wouldn't expect every port to have the same setup for signage etc...) or are they stored at the terminal for next time?

No, Sydney Ports basically provide the terminal and nothing is stored at the OPT, all the red “decoration” etc is provided by the cruise line and will go with the ship to Melbourne. Future cruises out of Sydney will not be as “colourful “  as this was the first time Virgin voyages has been to Sydney and was a very large promotion  for them.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, gbenjo said:

No, Sydney Ports basically provide the terminal and nothing is stored at the OPT, all the red “decoration” etc is provided by the cruise line and will go with the ship to Melbourne. Future cruises out of Sydney will not be as “colourful “  as this was the first time Virgin voyages has been to Sydney and was a very large promotion  for them.

I hope you are not correct because my cruise from Auckland from 12/1 spends two nights at OPT in Sydney.  A highlight of the 11 day cruise for Aussies in particular!

52 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I hope you are not correct because my cruise from Auckland from 12/1 spends two nights at OPT in Sydney.  A highlight of the 11 day cruise for Aussies in particular!

There may be some glitz and glamour but I don’t think to the scale of her first time visit. They have to start making some money sometime . 😁 

18 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

There may be some glitz and glamour but I don’t think to the scale of her first time visit. They have to start making some money sometime . 😁 

We don't need the glitz and glamour but we do need the infamous red carpet with so much history.  

37 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

We don't need the glitz and glamour but we do need the infamous red carpet with so much history.  

Cannot guarantee the red carpet. The original was something I made whereas the Virgin one is theirs and they decide if they use it…anyway my red carpet was for those “spethial”  people but theirs is  laid out the front of the terminal for all and sundry to use. 😁😁😁

47 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

That red carpet is long gone, Gbenjo had it framed and sent to the big cruise terminal in the sky.

Will never know what ever happened to it, it just disappeared never to be seen again.