Luggage

Tigerjenn

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

no limit for carry on. the only limit is what you can carry

not quite true as it needs to fit in the xray machine, and you have to lift it on to the conveyor belt to get it through that machine.

• Like 1

If it is larger than standard carry on, be prepared to stand your ground with port personnel. They will insist it is too large to fit and must be checked. 

As long as it fits, you are OK. They will try and tell you it is smaller than an airport scanner but I have not found that to be true in any port I have ever sailed out of. Politely inform them you will come back and check the bag if it does not fit and keep it moving 😀

16 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

Regular full size suitcases are fine. I always bring mine with me, I have seen too many " have you seen me" notices about missing luggage on just about every cruise I have been on. 

I have only seen a handful on the 20+ cruises I have taken. Using my back of the envelope math, I figure that my chances of my luggage appearing in one of those notices is about 1 in 10,000.

5 hours ago, staceyglow said:

I have only seen a handful on the 20+ cruises I have taken. Using my back of the envelope math, I figure that my chances of my luggage appearing in one of those notices is about 1 in 10,000.

You are correct, the odds are quite good of receiving luggage. It is mostly a personal preference to just bring mine with me. If I am still cruising at 70 I may let them take my luggage. 

On 12/9/2023 at 7:44 AM, staceyglow said:

Years ago, every cabin got a leaflet with a picture of two suitcases that were lost. On the last day at sea a couple turned them in. Said they found them in their cabin when they boarded and just put them in the closet ! ! ! !