cruise the vineyards 5 bottle basic package. has anyone paid for this on a 2023 cruise? how much was the out the door price?

warren buffet

so. I started to book this on my acct pre cruise. it added a 18 percent "service charge" and had zero in the gratuity section. I called the fun ships phone where people also book things and at first she said no only one 18 percent they wont charge another 18 percent on the ship. then she said they would charge 18 percent now and another 18 percent on the ship as a gratuity (different from service charge). then she backtracted back to the first answer. the desription is silent on the issue unlike the cheers description.       Has anyone bought this in 2023?  did you get charged 126 plus 18 percent gratuity and not an additional service charge.  and was it that price 126 for 5 bottles on the ship?

thank you for your response. what i was trying to find out was have you or anyone been on a ship in the last 3-4 months where they offered the basic 5 bottle for 126 plus 18 percent gratuity.  in other words, the same price as carnival has on their pre cruise booking website. 

How exactly do they work this? If I ordered pre cruise would bottles  be in my cabin when I board? Reason I ask: I drink wine spritzers. Wine with lemon lime soda and I carry on cans of soda. So I’d want the bottles in my cabin so I can mix my drinks. TIA 

Based on the description carnival gives on their website the 3 or 5 bottles of wine on this program are either picked up directly in the main dining room (1 at a time) or and at one of the main bars where they have easy access to wine bottles. It is not clear if it is only the mdr or also the main bars. although, the description says pick up the 5 vouchers at one of the main bars.      in either case, i see now reason why you could not bring your 1 or 2 cans of soda to the MDR and mix it there yourself.      I've bought shots of liquor in the main dining room and bought a can of cola and asked for an extra glass and have done similar mixing on princess and celebrity before.  this will be my first time on carnival in 20 yrs. 

Edited by warren buffet
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jamestown478 said:

where can I find this package? I am looking at my cruise planner and don't see it.

I went to my Cruise Manager/ In Room Food and Beverages / Drink Packages/ Cruise the Vineyard Wine Package on my upcoming 5 day January 2024 cruise.  Odd thing is that everything is "grayed out" and I can't order it.  I usually purchase the wine package on board so this process is new to me.  Maybe another CC person can advise.

PS. I just checked all of my upcoming cruises and Cruise the Vineyard Wine Package is there but "grayed out" as well.  Hmmmmmm....

Edited by ninjacat123
more info

Ok, I found the Premium Wine Package available through Cruise Manager/ In Room Food and Beverages / Wine and Champagne/ Cruise the Vineyard Wine Premium Package (go to last page) but the Non Premium Wine Package is grayed out.  I could purchase the Premium.  I think Carnival is wanting me to purchase the Premium with this subtle hint😉

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Ok, I found the Premium Wine Package available through Cruise Manager/ In Room Food and Beverages / Wine and Champagne/ Cruise the Vineyard Wine Premium Package (go to last page) but the Non Premium Wine Package is grayed out.  I could purchase the Premium.  I think Carnival is wanting me to purchase the Premium with this subtle hint😉

Don’t need premium If I mix it with lemon lime soda 🙄😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

I went to my Cruise Manager/ In Room Food and Beverages / Drink Packages/ Cruise the Vineyard Wine Package on my upcoming 5 day January 2024 cruise.  Odd thing is that everything is "grayed out" and I can't order it.  I usually purchase the wine package on board so this process is new to me.  Maybe another CC person can advise.

PS. I just checked all of my upcoming cruises and Cruise the Vineyard Wine Package is there but "grayed out" as well.  Hmmmmmm....

for some reason I can't find it. Maybe its not available for my sailing?

14 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

my and the wife are on the jan 8 five day paridise.  is that the one you are on?

It didn't show up in my cruise manager list but it came up using the search feature for our upcoming Feb cruise. I could only order the premium package as well (3 or 5 bottle). Our go to wine is the Peter Lehman shiraz (in the premium package) which is $40 IIRC. The 3 bottle package is $124. I hope the package includes gratuity cus if not....

9 hours ago, warren buffet said:

my and the wife are on the jan 8 five day paridise.  is that the one you are on?

We are on the January 15 Freedom 5 day out of Port Canaveral. I'll order the wine package on board if my Cruise Manager doesn't cooperate.😉Have a great cruise on Paradise!!