CBD Oil help with Cruise.

Hi, we are going on our first cruise next year with Royal Caribbean, leaving Sydney to Pacific islands. My partner takes CBD oil for chronic pain management, however we have read they have VERY strict rules around CBD products of ANY kind. This is a massive issue as pain doesn’t take a holiday and will absolutely ruin our trip without the relief the CBD oil offers. Has anyone travelled on a cruise in a similar situation and has advice that will help? Will a script from a G.P be suffice? The over the counter medications traditionally used have caused stomach issues so avoiding them is a priority. 
Thanks in advance. 

2 hours ago, See legs said:

Hi, we are going on our first cruise next year with Royal Caribbean, leaving Sydney to Pacific islands. My partner takes CBD oil for chronic pain management, however we have read they have VERY strict rules around CBD products of ANY kind. This is a massive issue as pain doesn’t take a holiday and will absolutely ruin our trip without the relief the CBD oil offers. Has anyone travelled on a cruise in a similar situation and has advice that will help? Will a script from a G.P be suffice? The over the counter medications traditionally used have caused stomach issues so avoiding them is a priority. 
Thanks in advance. 

If your partner has a prescription for a medically available product from a doctor, I cannot see that there can be any objection. Why would you even need to declare it? Some passengers take bagloads of medications with them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, yarramar said:

If your partner has a prescription for a medically available product from a doctor, I cannot see that there can be any objection. Why would you even need to declare it? Some passengers take bagloads of medications with them.

You would need to check whether cannabis/CBD is legal in each of the countries visited on this cruise. If it is not, even in just one of the countries, then you would not be permitted to bring the CBD oil on board. Allowing you to do so would put the ship and RCI in violation of a country’s laws, something they take very seriously.

A woman was banned for life from Carnival for trying to bring onboard CBD gummies. They are legal in the US but not in all countries/ports on the itinerary. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2023/11/16/cbd-gummies-carnival-cruise-lifetime-ban/71611590007/

Where are you coming from to get to Sydney to start the cruise? If from overseas, please don't try to bring in the medication without declaring it to customs. It will be picked up by the sniffer dogs and you will be in all sorts of trouble.

In this legitimate need situation, you need to establish whether the medication is acceptable in all the countries you visit. A typical cruise might go to three or four pacific islands, all with their own governments and regulations

• Like 1

For Australian ports, you will need to apply for a medical exemption, this will require a medical certificate from your Doctor and approval from our customs.

To bring any medical cannabinoid therapy into Australia for personal use you will require what is called a 'Travellers Exemption', meaning you must have a medical prescription from a medical practitioner

11 hours ago, See legs said:

Thanks in advance. 

Welcome to cc I suspect this will be your first and last post . Royal caribbean will be travelling in international waters and visiting foreign countries they have a total ban on CBD . Dr reports ,prescription and state or countries laws are irrelevant . Their ships Their laws apply.Screenshot_20231214-080238_Chrome.thumb.jpg.edd4ddde590eafee7439d06cc837f87e.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, See legs said:

Thanks in advance. 

Welcome to CC, bad luck your CBD oil is not permitted. 

As you are not cruising until next year, you have time to consult with your doctor about some alternative medications which will be allowed. They may not be as effective, but good enough for a short period and allow you to take the cruise. Good luck, I wish you all the best.

3 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Welcome to cc I suspect this will be your first and last post . Royal caribbean will be travelling in international waters and visiting foreign countries they have a total ban on CBD . Dr reports ,prescription and state or countries laws are irrelevant . Their ships Their laws apply.Screenshot_20231214-080238_Chrome.thumb.jpg.edd4ddde590eafee7439d06cc837f87e.jpg

Why would you suspect this would be my first and last post? I’m after advice. If you have never had chronic pain think yourself lucky. You came across as being smart with your reply, I do hope I misinterpreted that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, See legs said:

Why would you suspect this would be my first and last post? I’m after advice. If you have never had chronic pain think yourself lucky. You came across as being smart with your reply, I do hope I misinterpreted that. 

Sorry just the facts 🤷 you cannot say but so and so on CC  said that with a Dr cert it would be OK.Screenshot_20231214-125836_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d978a25eaa79754360ede4a3427cfc80.jpg