Sprite Zero is in the in room beverages

slavigne5577

5 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i am still very very confused why they changed the name. worse idea ever

The brand is aimed at competing against Sprite and 7 Up. In January 2023, Starry replaced Sierra Mist as Pepsi's lemon-lime flavored drink, in part because Sierra Mist failed to gain market share in the growing category. Starry contains no caffeine, and as of April 2023 is available in Regular and Zero-Sugar varieties.

10 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i am still very very confused why they changed the name. worse idea ever

People didn't like Sierra Mist, so they reformulated it and changed the name to Starry. It's still not a replacement for 7 Up or Sprite in most people's opinions.

I just looked on the Carnival website and Sprite Zero wasn't listed. I am thinking about ordering the Pepsi Zero. Does anyone know if this is available to be ordered once onboard or only from the website before boarding?

2 minutes ago, Ideb said:

I just looked on the Carnival website and Sprite Zero wasn't listed. I am thinking about ordering the Pepsi Zero. Does anyone know if this is available to be ordered once onboard or only from the website before boarding?

Pepsi Zero is available fleetwide, yes.

On 12/15/2023 at 5:45 PM, mz-s said:

People didn't like Sierra Mist, so they reformulated it and changed the name to Starry. It's still not a replacement for 7 Up or Sprite in most people's opinions.

PepsiCo is 0-3 at a product to seriously compete against 7up and Sprite.  Slice... Sierra Mist... Starry.  "Starry" sounds even less compelling than Sierra Mist.  Time to go back for a fourth try.

7 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

PepsiCo is 0-3 at a product to seriously compete against 7up and Sprite.  Slice... Sierra Mist... Starry.  "Starry" sounds even less compelling than Sierra Mist.  Time to go back for a fourth try.

They could easily make a drink that tastes just like Sprite if they wanted to, just like they could make Pepsi taste just like Coke if they wanted to. But they want it to be unique. The question is will it find its own fanbase as time goes on.

I don't really have a dog in this hunt, I prefer diet dark drinks like Coke Zero and Diet Dr Pepper. While I prefer those drinks I'll drink a Diet Pepsi or a Diet Pibb if that's all thats available.

On 12/21/2023 at 1:38 PM, sparks1093 said:

DW and I actually like the new Starry, both regular and diet and feel it is a huge improvement over Sierra Mist. We also still like Sprite, both regular and diet. Neither of us care for 7 Up. 

Better than Sierra Mist (former Pepsi product), but not better than Sprite (Coke Product)

On 12/15/2023 at 5:02 PM, mz-s said:

I think it depends on the ship and probably even the sailing. They served Sprite on a few cruises I was on in 2021/2022. But ever since Starry came out, that's all I've seen.

YMMV

I thought Sprite was a Coke product.  Carnival only provides Pepsi products, right?

33 minutes ago, Butterbean1000 said:

hmmmmm.....

I will say I haven't been on Sunshine in over a year. It's possible they were having a brief interruption in their supply of Sierra Mist and so substituted Sprite. I haven't seen Sprite this year at all obviously.