SEVEN SEAS GRANDEUR - Photos!

eroller

I had the pleasure of sailing on an inaugural overnight sailing on SEVEN SEAS GRANDEUR after the christening.  I utilized the time to photograph as much of the ship as I could.  I've photographed many ships in my travels as ships are a hobby, but I took extra pleasure in GRANDEUR as she is absolutely stunning.  Without question her dining room (Compass Rose) is my favorite MDR of any ship I've sailed.  Just magical.  The entire ship sparkles and the art work is world class.  I've sailed on sister ship SEVEN SEAS EXPLORER and absolutely loved that ship as well, but GRANDEUR feels even more elevated (if that is possible) and is lighter in color overall which I prefer.   

Besides all the public areas, I photographed my Concierge Suite (#856), a Penthouse Suite, and best of all the Regent Suite which is mind blowing.  All the photos are labeled so just run your cursor over the photo to learn what venue it is.  

I hope you enjoy ... and for anyone sailing on this magnificent ship you're in for a treat.      

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/albums/72177720313470676

• Thanks 9

Just now, DeepFreeze63 said:

I was on the ship for 21 days BUT your photos are great, no people. Thanks.

Lucky you!   21 days I’m envious.  

Glad you enjoyed the photos.  I do my best to showcase the ship without people.  It can be a challenge.  Takes good timing and a lot of patience!   lol.  

• Like 1

The Christmas decorations are quite elegant - unlike other Regent ships which decorates the entire ship for the holidays, the decorations on the  Grandeur are more subdued but stunning to look at, esp the trees located throughout the ship. All done in gold and silver and other than for the amazing gingerbread house display with a working ferris wheel that lights up and plays Christmas music, hard to find any red/green/white decorations.

While everyone is talking about the "egg", the real showstopper on the ship is the cherry blossom tree outside of Pacific Rim - pictures do not do it justice - one has to see it in person to get a true appreciation of its beauty. Each blossom is made of glass and no two are alike - I would have liked to see some type of description about the artist and the process of making such a magnificent piece of art. 

• Like 1

The other stars of the ship are the marble floors. Every area has intricately patterned floors in shades of white, black and gray. They are incredible. 

I agree the Christmas decorations are understated but elegant. The gold and silver everywhere complements the muted color scheme. It’s not over the top. 

I would love to know the story of the huge tapestry outside the fore elevators. I’ve never seen anything like it. It appears to be a tree of life. It must have taken years to create. 

• Like 1

For those sailing on GRANDEUR and interested in learning more about the incredible art onboard, Regent has developed an app.  For now it’s specific to GRANDEUR.  The best part of the app is an interactive tour of the art onboard.  A deck by deck map leads the way and just click to learn more about any specific art pieces.  I wish I had time during my overnight cruise to learn more, but time was limited.  Hopefully I’ll be back onboard in March for 10-days which will provide the time needed to take the full tour.  

IMG_7997.jpeg

IMG_7996.jpeg

IMG_7995.png

1 hour ago, lorimay said:

I would love to know the story of the huge tapestry outside the fore elevators. I’ve never seen anything like it. It appears to be a tree of life. It must have taken years to create. 

“A staggering nearly 40-foot-tall hand-woven tapestry, “The Enchanted Tree,” created by world-renowned Brazilian artist Walter Goldfarb. The close to tapestry will hang adjacent to the elevator wall in the ship’s lavish atrium, giving multiple vantage points of this breathtaking feat of intricately woven textiles.”

2 hours ago, NYC-London said:

While everyone is talking about the "egg", the real showstopper on the ship is the cherry blossom tree outside of Pacific Rim - pictures do not do it justice - one has to see it in person to get a true appreciation of its beauty. Each blossom is made of glass and no two are alike - I would have liked to see some type of description about the artist and the process of making such a magnificent piece of art. 

“Another exclusive piece in the collection features a custom-made bronze and hand-cast glass Bonsai Cherry Tree Sculpture by Savoy Studios, creating an experiential entrance to Pacific Rim, the ship’s pan-Asian specialty restaurant. The delicate installation contrasts with the Pacific Rim entrance pieces of a Tibetan Prayer Wheel and Mythical Dragon found on board Seven Seas Explorer and Seven Seas Splendor respectively.”

25 minutes ago, LesandDavid said:

Thanks so much for taking so many great photos.  We have been waiting anxiously to see this beautiful ship.  Interestingly, it took a while for videos and photos to make it onto the Internet.  Can't wait to sail on Grandeur in 2024.

You're welcome.  She is worth waiting for.  Just stunning.  Enjoy your sailing in 2024!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, -Lew- said:

Beautiful ship...excellent photos!  Thank you...

Glad you enjoyed the photos ... and yes she is beautiful!  Certainly a top five contender of most beautiful ship afloat (in my humble opinion). 

• Like 1