Live from the Viking Sky (Ft Lauderdale to London) December 20, 2023 - May 6, 2024

Penspack

22 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

We weren’t able to book on the app-just that the booked excursions showed up when I posted. 

You are correct of course . I realized that after I reread your post. However, I still did not see any booked excursions on the APP a

until about 2 hours after you saw yours. Strange, but not worth losing sleep over !

14 hours ago, stretchcruz said:

I think I see Clay....to the left, blue shirt in the middle 2 pictures?

Damn you’ve got good eyes….or maybe it’s I’m just so damn big. 😂. That’s Mike in the light blue shirt to my left. 

IMG_3039.jpeg

• Like 4

I thought that might be Mike but his face wasn't as clear. How fun!!!

54 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Damn you’ve got good eyes….or maybe it’s I’m just so damn big. 😂. That’s Mike in the light blue shirt to my left. 

IMG_3039.jpeg

47 minutes ago, stretchcruz said:

I thought that might be Mike but his face wasn't as clear. How fun!!!

It was pretty amazing.  It was another of the several emotional moments I’ve had on this cruise when I realize just how lucky we are to be doing this. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HUNKY said:

Hey Clay - Are there computers to use?  If so, where are they?  I'm thinking of leaving the laptop at home.

Yes, under the stairs in the Living Room. 

Mea Culpa! I got engrossed in the water color class and then came to the room and completely forgot about LCR today!  I’ll try to do better day after tomorrow on the sea day before Signapore. 

so so sorry!

7 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

It was pretty amazing.  It was another of the several emotional moments I’ve had on this cruise when I realize just how lucky we are to be doing this. 

I find myself tearing up a lot on occasion when things hit me and I realize that despite the tragedy of my last year and a half I'm still so fortunate to be able to do what I do and I'm grateful. I'll never take things for granted and I appreciate everything that I am fortunate enough to have. Life is too short.

• Like 13

12 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

IMG_3039.jpeg

If it makes you feel any better, I spotted Mike before I spotted you! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I’m Great time in Koh Samui yesterday.  We did the Elephant Encounter and really enjoyed it.  I saw over on the site that cannot be named that one of our lecturers did a private tour at the same sanctuary and rather than being only on the skywalk, actually was in the ground with them, hugging, being wrapped in their trunk etc.  That would’ve been really great but the time we spent feeding and interacting with them was longer than what a poster over there said was 10 min. We stayed on the raised walkway until they made us leave. FYI-lunch was delicious-if they run out of Pad Thai, it’s definitely worth waiting while they make another batch. I asked our guide if it tasted like what his mother made. He said no, it was sweeter and not as spicy to suit American’s taste. They had packets of pepper flakes which we added to ours.  

DVs and Vs recieved tour descriptions for Capetown to London at turndown last night.  Forms were to be turned in between 7 and 9am this morning at Star Theatre. Mike got off the elevator at 6:52.  The line reached to the Nordic Gift Shop and the first person in line was already leaving having turned in their form -he told me later he had arrived at 5:45😳 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

I’m Great time in Koh Samui yesterday.  We did the Elephant Encounter and really enjoyed it.  I saw over on the site that cannot be named that one of our lecturers did a private tour at the same sanctuary and rather than being only on the skywalk, actually was in the ground with them, hugging, being wrapped in their trunk etc.  That would’ve been really great but the time we spent feeding and interacting with them was longer than what a poster over there said was 10 min. We stayed on the raised walkway until they made us leave. FYI-lunch was delicious-if they run out of Pad Thai, it’s definitely worth waiting while they make another batch. I asked our guide if it tasted like what his mother made. He said no, it was sweeter and not as spicy to suit American’s taste. They had packets of pepper flakes which we added to ours.  

DVs and Vs recieved tour descriptions for Capetown to London at turndown last night.  Forms were to be turned in between 7 and 9am this morning at Star Theatre. Mike got off the elevator at 6:52.  The line reached to the Nordic Gift Shop and the first person in line was already leaving having turned in their form -he told me later he had arrived at 5:45😳 

Did you get what you wanted?

14 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

Can’t wait to see what’s on offer. 

2 hours ago, aungrl said:

Did you get what you wanted?

We got all our first choices save two. One was a change from 9am to 9:15 am so no biggie. The other was “Tangier and Tetouan”   Will try to get waitlisted. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

We did this last year.  The elephants were hysterical.  Feeding them, they wanted the good stuff at the bottom of your basket, and threw away the grasses.  They were like little kids eating dessert before dinner.

I also got a matching picture of an elephant scratching his butt on a tree.  I have a matching one of a rhino doing the same thing taken in South Africa.  Guess when you’ve gotta itch, it’s any port in a storm!
Agree about the pad Thai…..it was quite good.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/3/2024 at 12:29 AM, UWDawg said:

For what it's worth, I scanned the excursion descriptions for the revised ports for the Viking Sky WC (Port Louis, Mauritius to Cape Town, South Africa) and included the summaries in a Word file.

Has anyone scanned the excursion descriptions for the remaining ports?  Future world cruisers are curious!

• Like 1

Had a great two days with in Singapore. Too many pictures to even try to upload but always available at Instagram.  If you can only see one of the light shows, I would suggest trying the one at Gardens by the Bay. The one at Marina Bay Sands was underwhelming, we wish we had done the other. #nexttime

On 3/13/2024 at 1:25 AM, Kountess said:

Has anyone scanned the excursion descriptions for the remaining ports?  Future world cruisers are curious!

No, but here is our completed booking form which will hopefully give you a good idea of the options and costs

IMG_3147.jpeg

IMG_3148.jpeg

IMG_3149.jpeg

IMG_3489.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

No, but here is our completed booking form which will hopefully give you a good idea of the options and costs

IMG_3147.jpeg

IMG_3148.jpeg

IMG_3149.jpeg

IMG_3489.jpeg

Thanks Clay. That's a start.

Just now, Kountess said:

Thanks Clay. That's a start.

If we still have the brochure in the room, I’ll photograph it tonight.  It’s a glorious sea day with low humidity so enjoying the being outside in the shade and what appears to be the old hamburgers.  

IMG_3494.jpeg

IMG_3493.jpeg

• Like 2