ANY CREAKING CABINS ON ASCENT?

hcat

23 minutes ago, Margarita Jane said:

Just to be clear, mine are Bose wireless earbuds…so no alien paraphernalia 😁. Mine are a couple of years old and I have not had any issues with them, but I have read where others have had issues.

thanks.. think I,ll go lo tech  and will report back

On 12/24/2023 at 9:12 PM, Trainer said:

Just off the Ascent last week.  Deck 7 aft.  “ so-called balcony cabin. No creaking or other noises.  And we had high seas a couple of days.

We have 7328 Sunset Verandah booked for December 2024 on the Ascent. Thank you for the update. 😊😊

We just did a back to back on Celebrity Ascent. We had a Sunset Sky Suite on deck 9 the first week and moved to Sky Suite by forward elevators deck 9.  Yes there was a lot of creaking, banging and noise coming from ceilings and walls in both locations. It had nothing to do with doors being open, etc. Many other guests complained about it also. And this ship rocks more than any other ship we have been on, even when the ocean was calm.

We have been on 42 cruises, so we’re not new to this.  My husband got seasick the first time ever. We love Celebrity, but have decided not to go back on Ascent again.

The good news though is they have the best chefs!  The food was flavorful, moist, tender, the best we have had on any other Celebrity ship. We occasionally go to the buffet and was pleasantly surprised by the food there also. The staff and bar tenders were excellent. The ship was absolutely beautiful.  They made a few changes on this ship over others in its class that were wonderful.

• Like 4

On 12/26/2023 at 1:42 PM, KeyLimeKayak said:

We just completed a Dec. 17-24 sailing with mostly fair weather, and YES we had significant creaking and popping in our room - Deck 9, aft Sunset Veranda. Our family on deck 11 (aft) experienced the same, they said it seemed like the ship was coming apart it was so loud at night. There was also extreme swaying motion in all parts of the ship and we overheard many guests complaining that the ship seemed poorly constructed and unstable. 

Do you mind sharing your cabin number. I will be in a SV on Deck 9 in 5 weeks. Now I'm concerned. Thanks

5 hours ago, blueslily said:

Do you mind sharing your cabin number. I will be in a SV on Deck 9 in 5 weeks. Now I'm concerned. Thanks

9329, which we chose because it looked like it had a buffer of structural/ventilation space between us and 9327. That's where the noise came from, ironically! But only on the first day during high seas/storm, and when traveling 18+ knots through the Atlantic route on our return. It was completely quiet in Caribbean waters between the islands.

Screenshot_20231231-041155_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a78faf624841fac48ead2dea2cec6899.jpgScreenshot_20231231-041700_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c0e553fbd0f22725c737da5d55fff0f9.jpg

that would normally  be a very nice cabin choice .....SV middle.

We have been in a simIlar location on EDGE for 10 days..with no issues, and  have an SV booked on APEX for 2025...We have not heard about any creaking on APEX.

Our upcoming ASCENT cabin is AQ  Prime, Deck 10..Hoping for the best!

No one has posted a list or set pattern for the CREAKY CABINS on Beyond or Ascent, afaik.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KeyLimeKayak said:

9329, which we chose because it looked like it had a buffer of structural/ventilation space between us and 9327. That's where the noise came from, ironically! But only on the first day during high seas/storm, and when traveling 18+ knots through the Atlantic route on our return. It was completely quiet in Caribbean waters between the islands.

Screenshot_20231231-041155_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a78faf624841fac48ead2dea2cec6899.jpgScreenshot_20231231-041700_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c0e553fbd0f22725c737da5d55fff0f9.jpg

Thank you. We will be in the neighboring cabin 9326. A content creator on YouTube just stayed in that cabin and has a video posted. He did not report any noise in his video. I messaged him last night after I saw your post to ask because I know there are only a few SVs in that location and your post had me worried. I will see what he says in his reply.

Thanks so much for replying with helpful information about the specific cabin and when you heard the noise. I'm glad that it was not all the time. But, we will take earplugs just in case. Honestly I have never slept with earplugs so I'm not sure how I will feel doing that. Maybe I will try it out a couple times before then. Again, thanks for posting more details. Your post is very helpful. 

Edited by blueslily
  • Like 2

I just crunched the numbers. After eliminating cabins by the elevators, cabins under the buffet , cabins below the pool, cabins by the propellers, cabins near the anchor, cabins under the theater,and creaky cabins. There is only 9 available cabins on the entire ship

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Wakepatrol said:

I just crunched the numbers. After eliminating cabins by the elevators, cabins under the buffet , cabins below the pool, cabins by the propellers, cabins near the anchor, cabins under the theater,and creaky cabins. There is only 9 available cabins on the entire ship

Before I left for my cruise I was afraid that I had chosen the wrong cabin. I was on 12 AFT. There was no cigarette smoke, very minimal noise from OVC, and absolutely no creaking noises.  What I did find interesting was the vibration from the engines in the back? Couldn’t believe that it was so strong. And the rocking was quite noticeable. 

The Ascent is quite beautiful, and a great crew, but I’m not a fan of the IV, and those small patio chairs. 

46 minutes ago, SouKnoMe said:

Before I left for my cruise I was afraid that I had chosen the wrong cabin. I was on 12 AFT. There was no cigarette smoke, very minimal noise from OVC, and absolutely no creaking noises.  What I did find interesting was the vibration from the engines in the back? Couldn’t believe that it was so strong. And the rocking was quite noticeable. 

The Ascent is quite beautiful, and a great crew, but I’m not a fan of the IV, and those small patio chairs. 

Were you starboard side, by chance? We had a favorite breakfast spot at the Oceanview above deck 12, around the corner near the bar/pizza entrance. It had a less busy beverage station, but the vibration was so strong at times, our dishes rattled on the table!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KeyLimeKayak said:

Were you starboard side, by chance? We had a favorite breakfast spot at the Oceanview above deck 12, around the corner near the bar/pizza entrance. It had a less busy beverage station, but the vibration was so strong at times, our dishes rattled on the table!

Yes, and I’m guessing that’s why there wasn’t much noise of chairs being moved. Do you think the vibration was coming from the stacks? I wondered if anyone else felt it below. 

On 12/31/2023 at 8:09 AM, KeyLimeKayak said:

@blueslily happy to help! We would be interested in what he says, too. Quite honestly, we felt it was more of a weather/route issue than construction flaw. 

Hello, He responded saying that he did not hear any noises in his cabin and asked others and they reported the same. I'm very excited. Thanks 😊 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Currently on the Ascent and was searching for creaking/knocking noises and found this board. Can confirm - AQ10190 (by Magic Carpet) has lots of creaking/knocking noises (so far just at night). We also had rough seas and high winds sailing out of FLL, so will see if things improve. 

I was on the Beyond last year in the Sky Suite by Magic Carpet, similar noise, but much worse (knocking and loud banging). This might be my last trip on Beyond/Ascent if noise issues persist. Not having a good night of sleep def takes away the enjoyment of the ship. 

• Like 1

On 12/26/2023 at 9:10 PM, Noworkforme23 said:

We have 7328 Sunset Verandah booked for December 2024 on the Ascent. Thank you for the update. 😊😊

We are currently in 7333 on the Ascent and no creaking so far.

• Like 1