TxTeach79's Ringing in '24 LIVE - Celebration NYE!

TxTeach79

Great review as always. Just getting to catch up after far too much fun on the Jubilee NYE cruise. 

As a note, on your discussion re: bourbon from several days ago, it looks like Celebration and Jubilee had the same options/menu at P&G. 

• Like 4

Thanks for sharing your trip with us (live too)! I hope you're able to get that tooth fixed quickly.

We will be sailing on Celebration in May and are flying out of MIA at 12:00 on a Sunday disembarkation. From your experience, do you think that flight time is ok if we do self assist?

• Thanks 1

On 1/5/2024 at 1:45 PM, TxTeach79 said:

A little “Handle With Care” playing out on 8…. I’d recognize the dulcet tones of North Texas Great Roy Orbison anywhere #GMG

Just finished watching Roy Orbison Black and White Night again. Priceless….

On 1/5/2024 at 1:45 PM, TxTeach79 said:
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Made it on the ground! Unfortunately with all the weather and delays there aren’t any gates available. Also, Air Force One is here soooooo…. This could take a while 

Oh jeez - they need to get that thing out of there - @TxTeach79 and @HelloItsMeB want to go home! Don't they know our future pres could be in Teach's hands?!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, mamiamjo said:

Thanks for sharing your trip with us (live too)! I hope you're able to get that tooth fixed quickly.

We will be sailing on Celebration in May and are flying out of MIA at 12:00 on a Sunday disembarkation. From your experience, do you think that flight time is ok if we do self assist?

Absolutely, you should be just fine. 

• Like 3

Glad to see you made it home, hope you aren't dragging too bad today.

As always thanks for the fun, entertainment, and laughs. I really love that ship, I just might move up Jubilee for later this year instead of Venezia 🤔 Good luck with that pesky tooth and will catch you on here in May!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/30/2023 at 8:19 PM, TxTeach79 said:

Headed west to the other side of MIA toward Doral to show B my old office in the early aughts…

IMG_2804.thumb.jpeg.62e9ef35aa2b2fa8a9c9655029e17772.jpeg

I did a LOT of work in that building for NCL. 🙂

Spent many, many months living in Miami at a Residence Inn lol

• Haha 1

@TxTeach79, thanks for taking us along on your cruise.  I really enjoyed it.

Did you happen to notice a venue for dancing (to the band, not a DJ) on board?  Ocean Plaza was used for that on Carnival Vista and we really enjoyed it.  The dance floor always seemed to be busy in the evenings and I'm wondering if the Excel class ships have a similar space.  Thanks.

Take care and try to stay warm in our upcoming DFW weather.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PlanoTim said:

@TxTeach79, thanks for taking us along on your cruise.  I really enjoyed it.

Did you happen to notice a venue for dancing (to the band, not a DJ) on board?  Ocean Plaza was used for that on Carnival Vista and we really enjoyed it.  The dance floor always seemed to be busy in the evenings and I'm wondering if the Excel class ships have a similar space.  Thanks.

Take care and try to stay warm in our upcoming DFW weather.

Good question! I know I saw live music with dancing in Havana almost nightly. Limelight MAY have had it once or twice but I can't be sure of that. There's no Ocean Plaza type space that I can recall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TxTeach79 said:

Good question! I know I saw live music with dancing in Havana almost nightly. Limelight MAY have had it once or twice but I can't be sure of that. There's no Ocean Plaza type space that I can recall. 

I remember you! Didn't you used to be a "Big Deal" like.....last week? Whatever happened to you?

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, georgiacat said:

What happened to the toof?

Had the whole implant removed and bone grafts done on Wednesday. Been a sore and swollen week, so we should be 100% for the next cruise! (Venezia in May)

• Like 9

42 minutes ago, TxTeach79 said:

Had the whole implant removed and bone grafts done on Wednesday. Been a sore and swollen week, so we should be 100% for the next cruise! (Venezia in May)

Speaking of the Venezia,  looking forward to hearing about your plans in New York. #Jamman/Patti/TxTeach79meetup

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Speaking of the Venezia,  looking forward to hearing about your plans in New York. #Jamman/Patti/TxTeach79meetup

that would be fantastic! I’ll keep you in the loop! It’s a tight schedule but i would love to make that happen (and am considering pushing my flight back and staying an extra day after!)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Are you getting a new implant, or another tooth added to your flipper?

for now, the plan is a new flipper with two teeth on it. Another implant would be a massive undertaking medically and financially with the state of the bone up there from my accident and the years since.  I get my stitches out Tuesday (weather permitting), then I’ve got a referral in Plano to call and set things in motion with the flipper. 

• Like 7