Accurate and Current Cost for Dinner at Eden Restaurant on Celebrity Ascent

Fieldofdreams

We are reading conflicting information about cost. Most of what we have read is the cost is $60 pp without the wine flight, however, when we are on the Celebrity site for actually booking reservations the following shows up: Additionally, Celebrity reps are stating that there is only pricing with the wine flights, which I am fairly certain is not correct. If someone who has recently sailed the Ascent and dined for dinner at Eden would provide accurate information that would be great. We are 4 couples trying to make a reservation.

Eden

From

$77.99 / per adult
$85.00 onboard
$8.99 / per child
$10.00 onboard
(8% OFF)PRE-CRUISE SAVINGS

We were on Ascent for the 12/10/23 sailing and had prebooked at a great promo of $44.99/ea - regular then was $65/ea (all in for $107.96 for two). We're booked for the 2/4/24 sailing and it was showing in the app at the same price as yours 2 nights ago but now there are no reservations available. We've done Eden 3 times now and enjoyed it all 3 times, but we never paid what they are asking now and not for sure we would enjoy it as much if we did. 

Edited by Galaxy2004
  • Like 1

The prices of some of the specialty restaurants was increased very recently.  Eden without wine is now $85pp +20% gratuity on board.  The pre cruise price, as you see, is a bit less expensive.

Edited by jelayne

They definitely raised prices on Eden and La Voyage. I booked Eden for I think around 60 dollars in November (I think) and now it's up to 77 (pre cruise). And La Voyage also went up. I was going to use that for the my 3 night dining package I purchased and now it says there is a 20 dollar upcharge for La Voyage. There was not one when I booked the package. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Galaxy2004 said:

We were on Ascent for the 12/10/23 sailing and had prebooked at a great promo of $44.99/ea - regular then was $65/ea (all in for $107.96 for two). We're booked for the 2/4/24 sailing and it was showing in the app at the same price as yours 2 nights ago but now there are no reservations available. We've done Eden 3 times now and enjoyed it all 3 times, but we never paid what they are asking now and not for sure we would enjoy it as much if we did. 

Thanks so much for the response

9 minutes ago, roxannex said:

They definitely raised prices on Eden and La Voyage. I booked Eden for I think around 60 dollars in November (I think) and now it's up to 77 (pre cruise). And La Voyage also went up. I was going to use that for the my 3 night dining package I purchased and now it says there is a 20 dollar upcharge for La Voyage. There was not one when I booked the package. 

Thank you

3 hours ago, jelayne said:

The prices of some of the specialty restaurants was increased very recently.  Eden without wine is now $85pp +20% gratuity on board.  The pre cruise price, as you see, is a bit less expensive.

Interesting ... It used to be that most cruise lines would set a price and stay with that price for a bit, it now seems that they are basing prices upon supply and demand, similar to airline bookings. Have to say if that is the case, that is disappointing.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Galaxy2004 said:

Thank you for the feedback, very helpful.

• Like 1

We are on Ascent right now and paid $65 US including gratuities in advance. Dinner, not tasting as we have the premium package and why pay twice? 

In the app at this moment, pricing is $60 pp for meal, $100pp for tasting. Both plus 20% grat. 

2 hours ago, mrgabriel said:

We are on Ascent right now and paid $65 US including gratuities in advance. Dinner, not tasting as we have the premium package and why pay twice? 

In the app at this moment, pricing is $60 pp for meal, $100pp for tasting. Both plus 20% grat. 

Thank you - I will check the app.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fieldofdreams said:

Interesting ... It used to be that most cruise lines would set a price and stay with that price for a bit, it now seems that they are basing prices upon supply and demand, similar to airline bookings. Have to say if that is the case, that is disappointing.

This is the only price I recall for Eden since it was introduced on the Edge about 5 years ago.

I was just on Edge  a couple weeks ago and the price of Eden without discounts was $60 pp without pairing.    There is a 20% Gratuity added.   In the case of Edge on the current season in Australia and New Zealand they are required to have upfront pricing including tip so on the app it is currently listed at $72.00 ($60 plus 12 Tip)

The price with pairing is in the range of $100 plus tip.     It is also a requirement that all must order with pairing.    As I'm not a drinker that makes it an easy decision.  

Edited by Jim_Iain

27 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

I was just on Edge  a couple weeks ago and the price of Eden without discounts was $60 pp without pairing.    There is a 20% Gratuity added.   In the case of Edge on the current season in Australia and New Zealand they are required to have upfront pricing including tip so on the app it is currently listed at $72.00 ($60 plus 12 Tip)

The price with pairing is in the range of $100 plus tip.     It is also a requirement that all must order with pairing.    As I'm not a drinker that makes it an easy decision.  

Thank you - It appears pricing is possibly different depending on the ship. Not sure that it matters too much at this point, we are not able to get a table for 8 on any day, will likely have to wait until we get on the ship to see if anything opens up. Thanks again for sharing.

I am on the Ascent in April and the prices have recently increased. Eden is $77.99 with current discount- regular price is $85, La Voyage is $115.99 with current discount- regular price is $125. These prices do not include the 20% gratuity. These prices are not with the wine pairing. 

• 5 weeks later...

I have an Ascent cruise for Feb 2025 and there are no dinner prices or reservations available yet (I’ve had it booked for a year!). We got great deals on our Beyond March 2024 dinners during the flash sale in Sept 2023. Seems to me they are waiting to price 2025 dinners till they figure out what the market will actually bear. I really wish Celebrity had more variety with their specialty restaurants. They need a Mexican restaurant and a proper italian place on the e-class ships!