New Princess App available

iamaqt2

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

I can see a new update coming out in two weeks. I hope someone from Princess is reading everyone comments and act accordingly. 

New update was release 3 hours ago. That was fast. I’m impress. I’m still going to wait until the 5th (?) release before I start using it. 

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Where is that listed?  I'm sure I missed it since I didn't think I had to check for it...LOL!

I wanted to mention it, because if you wanted to buy

the discounted internet, you’d be able to once they corrected this on the App.  Some had said they couldn’t purchase it yet.

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Sorry for asking.  How will that work?  Your medallion becomes your credit card and if so, the store/business would have to have a special card reader similar in what they use on the ship. 

I’ve not used it but my neighbor has.  Certain stores, shops and restaurants give you the option to pay with your medallion account vs your credit card or cash.  My neighbor noted that she got a discount at a restaurant in Cabo for using her medallion to pay for her food .. I think it was 15% off.  

• Like 1

My experience post latest update (v 1.0.1):

Still showing white circle with blue sea witch.  My "new to Princess" loyalty level is confirmed when I open my Boarding Pass.  Also of note, this includes having a QR code which I was told back in September that Princess would no longer be using for boarding.

The stateroom number that was blank yesterday is now listed.  Progress?

I am able to access OceanReady Checklist without session timing out.  Progress?

OceanReady Checklist shows we are both now Ready to Sail with a green checkmark.  The verbiage reads "To become Green Lane and enjoy an expedited arrival experience, you must choose to have your Medallion Wearable shipped to your home" so that puts us in the Blue Lane.  What bright spark decided using a green check mark and font should indicate Ready to Sail?  (Gotta' love the consistent inconsistencies.)

Under onboard packages, if I choose the Upgrade button, it does show that I currently have the Princess Plus package purchased.

Under "Payment Methods," yesterday that was showing as incomplete, but today has been populated with the credit card I had on file with the old app - not because I wanted to, but it was the only way I could make a reservation for Specialty Dining the week before we were due to board.  I was SO hoping to get around "voluntarily" supplying that information for Radiqal Gaming within this new app as it was not free choice whether or not to authorize them having access to that data. 🤬

For those asking about Shoreside Transactions, under "My Account" there is a field "Rewards & Credits" where there is now a list of Merchants participating in the MedallionPay program.

Tis what 'tis.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I’ve not used it but my neighbor has.  Certain stores, shops and restaurants give you the option to pay with your medallion account vs your credit card or cash.  My neighbor noted that she got a discount at a restaurant in Cabo for using her medallion to pay for her food .. I think it was 15% off.  

I did not know this. Thanks everyone. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

So, you did see the increased price too!  I thought I was the only one.  Big increase, IMO.

CG $63 PP  Catch $53 PP Harmony $53 PP

I am still not showing the increased price.  Btw, I’m in the US, if that makes a difference 

IMG_0668.png

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

I am too, in the US.  We’ll see what happens.

I went on the website to book my SD.  🥴

Since your on the new app, is there a section where I can reserved “causal dining”?

8 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I am only able to see my most upcoming cruise, not the others that I have booked as well.  Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

Good question. Looking forwarded to everyone replies. I will be upset if I don’t see my other cruises when I start using this app. From my understanding in reading everyone comments is that if you don’t see it today you may see it tomorrow. 

Edited by DHP1

31 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

So far no one has posted about two separate voyages, different ships one day apart and how it is shown on both old and new app. 

I did have that exact same experience back in December of 2021.  We were on Emerald Princess from the 9th to the 19th, disembarked and spent the night in Fort Lauderdale before boarding Enchanted Princess on the 20th.  Everyone I spoke with could confirm that "the computer recognizes this as a back-to-back cruise" even though no one had even the remotest idea as to why it would be programmed that way.  It's possible that it has always been like that, but until the introduction of the app, there was never an issue with making changes to dining or shore excursion bookings for the second cruise.  I am truly sorry to hear that it's two years later and the tech team that assured me they were looking into it still doesn't seem to have resolved the issue.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

I am only able to see my most upcoming cruise, not the others that I have booked as well.  Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

4 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Good question. Looking forwarded to everyone comments. I will be upset if I don’t see my other cruises when I start using this app. From my understanding in reading everyone comments is that if you don’t see it today you may see it tomorrow. 

Yes, I'm experiencing this as well.  

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I am still not showing the increased price.  Btw, I’m in the US, if that makes a difference 

Screen shot from the new app.  I went from the Home tab to the Book Dining and then Crown Grill to see this.

We are also in the US.  The itineraries on both ships that are covered as one voyage in  the new app go to  US ports.

image.png.049d9060dc6a6df816adb1a52a4d1634.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/27/2023 at 12:10 PM, msmoger said:

First, login in using the Booking Number seems to solve the constant "getting booted out" problem.  However this is not very convenient (as opposed to Princess user name and password).

Second, the only way I can see to see all of your bookings is to log out and log in individually.  Also not very convenient (and now I have to reference multiple booking numbers to stay logged in 😉).

Thanks Michael. Hoping they work out all the kinks before we sail in a couple of months. Happy Birthday. 🎂

1 hour ago, kamelia said:

OceanReady Checklist shows we are both now Ready to Sail with a green checkmark.  The verbiage reads "To become Green Lane and enjoy an expedited arrival experience, you must choose to have your Medallion Wearable shipped to your home" so that puts us in the Blue Lane.  What bright spark decided using a green check mark and font should indicate Ready to Sail?  (Gotta' love the consistent inconsistencies.)

If you click the Boarding Pass button, there it will state your lane color.  In your case it should be Blue Lane since you didn't have your Medallion shipped to your home.

The "All Set!" just means that you completed the required upload of pre-cruise personal data for check-in into the App.  No idea what the verbiage for those that haven't completed this is.  IMO, it's a way to get more passengers to fully complete the personal info data entry prior to arriving at the port so the port agents just have to verify passports and hand out Medallions and not have to manually enter all the passenger data themselves.  (Nothing wrong with the latter either since that's what the port agents are paid to do.)

17 minutes ago, 2and2 said:

Just curious how you knew an update was made.

Someone told me and I confirmed it. You should received a notification from Apple that there is a new release.  I'm not using the new app until I'm confident everything is fine.  I may try it next week.

Version History

Dec 29, 2023

This release addresses session time out issues and Blue/Green lane inconsistencies.

We are continuously monitoring your feedback and improving our experience.

To ensure you have the latest features, please turn on automatic app updates in your settings.

Dec 27, 2023

Edited by DHP1

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

Since your on the new app, is there a section where I can reserved “causal dining”?

No. Just like the old App. Only MDR’s and SD.

I do like the way you book your MDR though. Seems much easier, if you want to book same MDR, same time every night, just a toggle.  Old App was glitchy and more cumbersome, whereas, you sometimes had to book each night individually. 
So far, this was very easy.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

If you click the Boarding Pass button, there it will state your lane color.  In your case it should be Blue Lane since you didn't have your Medallion shipped to your home.

The "All Set!" just means that you completed the required upload of pre-cruise personal data for check-in into the App.  No idea what the verbiage for those that haven't completed this is.  IMO, it's a way to get more passengers to fully complete the personal info data entry prior to arriving at the port so the port agents just have to verify passports and hand out Medallions and not have to manually enter all the passenger data themselves.  (Nothing wrong with the latter either since that's what the port agents are paid to do.)

Thank you 😊 I do see the Blue Lane designation there.  I was concerned it was not a good choice of color options to indicate All Set as that might cause some confusion for someone who was looking to confirm whether or not they were in the green lane.  🥴

1 hour ago, 1emerald1 said:

Yes. I reported this to the IT department and asked for

our multiple cruises to be shown again on the App.

• Like 1