New Princess App available

iamaqt2

6 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Not mine...not sure which one my phone is showing.  It is still showing the purchase of the Medallion device for the 2 cruises I cancelled along with the one we are still going on?  

Are you sure you're quoting my post?  Because I feel this might be a different issue.

6 hours ago, suzyed said:

I only show one...how do I know if it's the old one or the new one?

The old one has a circle around the seawitch on the App.

The new one is a really different layout also.

Happy New Year Susan!

See post 44 has a pic of both Apps.

Edited by PacnGoNow

7 minutes ago, sparky321 said:

Sounds great, I should be able to use it for my cruise, I don't lke the idea of addind a Card for the on shore purchases.

No, we shouldn't have to do that.  Hopefully, PCL will bow to guest pressure to eliminate it being forced on us 

Meanwhile, I have an idea as a workaround.  Go ahead and add a card you don't want to use or that is a back-up card if needed for Green Lane.  Delete the card from the App as soon as you can after getting thru the check-in at the port.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

No, we shouldn't have to do that.  Hopefully, PCL will bow to guest pressure to eliminate it being forced on us 

Meanwhile, I have an idea as a workaround.  Go ahead and add a card you don't want to use or that is a back-up card if needed for Green Lane.  Delete the card from the App as soon as you can after getting thru the check-in at the port.

Yes that was my plan, but so far the new app is still loging out when ever I try to look at dining options.

19 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

So far the new app is working good it did not make me put in a shore cc to be green I have not deleted the old one yet since I have a cruise in 8 days so I'll keep it for now and delete after this cruise.

Same for me and I specifically looked at that item.

12 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I have been looking through the new app and am finding many new improvements.  First of all, it’s not making me log in every time I check it like it did yesterday.  All my bookmarks for my cruise next week as well as my dinner reservations all moved over properly.  All of my other information also did so.  It’s no longer timing me out.  
It is showing I’m in the green lane and showing me what package I’ve purchased.  I can see what muster station I’m in even before I board the ship.  
And, I know this is a small thing but you don’t have to turn the screen to portrait to view it anymore.  You can use it in portrait mode if you wish, but I mostly use my iPad to check the schedule and such and the old app only allowed the one way view.  This new app takes into account that you can use your iPad or your phone and you can view the screen in landscape or portrait.  Well done!  
The new app also puts any dinner reservations you might have onto your JourneyView schedule.  I’m not sure if it also adds excursions or spa appointments that have been confirmed but would imagine it does.  The new JourneyView screen reads more like the Patter, so it is more easy to read.  That was actually fixed earlier this year but I like the format.  
So far, after it was being a bit fussy yesterday, I now really like it and it seems like it is better than the old app.  Most new technology is like that.  There are little bugs that oftentimes just resolves themselves with a little bit of patience.  

The only thing that I think is not an improvement is that it is not showing all the future cruises I have booked.  That may come with time.  I logged in with using my user name and password vs using my booking number so, would like to see that happen with any updates.  
I didn’t look closely into Explore my Ship but would like to see all ships in the fleet available in the new app, whether I’m at home or onboard.  I like this feature when I’m in the future cruise offices to pick out a cabin.  I will poke around a bit more and see if I can find this.  

Interesting!  What version of the app do you have.  I don't see any reference to Muster station, nor do I get Landscape view.  Are you just dreaming of the ideal app? 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, louden said:

Interesting!  What version of the app do you have.  I don't see any reference to Muster station, nor do I get Landscape view.  Are you just dreaming of the ideal app? 

I should rephrase that .. it’s not really landscape mode but I don’t have to turn my iPad to portrait style to view the app.  
As for the muster station, go to Journey, Explore the Ship Map and go to Muster Station.  
I’m really liking this.  

IMG_0667.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sparky321 said:

I was wondering if anyone knows how long the old app will still function?

I read it would be out of commission in February.  Not sure if there is a date planned for February, though.  It might depend on how well the new app is working out.  
People are resistant to change .. so, depending on the number of complaints, they may have to extend it.  My guess is that if people give it a chance, they will actually like it.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I read it would be out of commission in February.  Not sure if there is a date planned for February, though.  It might depend on how well the new app is working out.  
People are resistant to change .. so, depending on the number of complaints, they may have to extend it.  My guess is that if people give it a chance, they will actually like it.  

The only issue I have with new app is the optional request for Credit Card info for onshore purchases. Not happening. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, sparky321 said:

Sounds great, I should be able to use it for my cruise, I don't lke the idea of addind a Card for the on shore purchases.

I never set it up for onshore and when I installed the original app and all my info transferred to my new app.  There’s no indication I need to set it up to use the new app.  

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Thanks 1

On 12/27/2023 at 9:57 AM, SargassoPirate said:

If one is sailing in just a few days and the old app is working, is there any reason to upset the apple cart at this point?

It appears you can leave the old app installed. It let me do that and I went back and forth to do some comparison. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I never set it up for onshore and when I installed the original app and all my info transferred to my new app.  There’s no indication I need to set it up to use the new app.  

I also didn't have it set up on the old app but even though everything transferred over it is requiring me to enter a card for shoreside transactions. My husband's account is "complete" and doesn't require it, however mine is the main account (his doesn't even have a spot to choose to enter a shoreside payment method if he even wanted to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sparky321 said:

I was wondering if anyone knows how long the old app will still function?

Here’s a quote from the Princess website:

“If you choose to, you can continue to use the existing MedallionClass® app on your upcoming cruise (until February 1, 2024).”

https://www.princess.com/en-us/plan/oceanready

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, jsquared said:

I also didn't have it set up on the old app but even though everything transferred over it is requiring me to enter a card for shoreside transactions. My husband's account is "complete" and doesn't require it, however mine is the main account (his doesn't even have a spot to choose to enter a shoreside payment method if he even wanted to.

Same here. Except my wife shows complete. Not me as the primary on the charge account. I even uninstalled the new app and reinstalled the new app and the so called requirement still exists. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jsquared said:

What does shoreside transactions mean?