New Princess App available

iamaqt2

43 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

I see your're looking at the Majestic. Is the cruise you are quoting out of Sydney. These prices are in AUD. I check this our Syd cruise to our Singapore cruise and Crown was still $39.00. I "believe" this is the BIG difference.

No, this is out of LA to

South America.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, louden said:

What exactly has been improved?  Still slower than the second coming. Can't sign in with email & PW making for very tedious Booking # sign in.  Can only see one voyage despite "My VoyageS" being displayed.  Can't find travel summary.

Improved!  Really?

Further to the above.  How can you release an App when the login doesn't work? Don't you build from this?  Princess you dropped the ball again.  Perhaps you didn't even start with a ball.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

Then it's time to lockdown those specialty dining res now. 2024 or 2025?, our Oct 2024 cruise from Singapore still has $39 price.

I agree.  It could be s really strange error, or they are planning increases for SD.  IDk, but i’m booking mine through 2026. But, through the website version, since those are the current prices. Lol

I does show the beverage packages correctly at $60 & $80, so I know I’m in USD.  

I’ll keep trying until I

figure this out.  I hope! 😳

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, louden said:

Can't find travel summary.

Travel Summary is under the "Luggage Tags" button.  It will open up the "Luggage Tags & Travel Summary" page of your Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website.  The App is programmed to open up the Princess website for these functions.  The same goes for Shore Excursion bookings.

10 minutes ago, SCX22 said:

The App is lying about it's age.  The Princess Cruises App just released today, 12/27/23, and yet, in the Apple App Store, it's showing as being 4+ years old.  Did it go forward in time?

IMG_4488.PNG

I thought it was for ages 4+

We should be able to use it! 🤣

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Haha 9

It greatly exceeded my expectations. It sort of works!

One odd anomaly - trying to book MedallionNet, single device for 32 days, the new app wanted $270 while the old one charged the expected $240 ($7.50/day after discount). I used the old one. I will note that my dining reservations, excursions and the newly purchased MedallionNet did all get transferred to the new app. Despite some sign in and timeout issues, I have high hopes that this new app might not suck quite so much as the old one.

I tend not to carry my phone around on the ship, so I don't really care that much about the app as long as they let me on board.

• Like 2

The app still doesn't work for me. It signs me out as soon as I try to go to personal info. I checked our dining reservations for our cruise and it has been changed from four people to two. I am pretty good with technology. I know I did it correctly. I called Princess and they told me that the dinner reservations are full. I'm not happy with Princess or their failing app.

4 hours ago, Yehootu said:

I see your're looking at the Majestic. Is the cruise you are quoting out of Sydney. These prices are in AUD. I check this our Syd cruise to our Singapore cruise and Crown was still $39.00. I "believe" this is the BIG difference.

That's what I was wondering.  Of course, PCL could do better and actually include the currency code when not in USD.

ETA:  I just caught up on this page and I see that it was not an AUS voyage, so some other kind of error.

Edited by Steelers36

1 hour ago, walkingsoon said:

It greatly exceeded my expectations. It sort of works!

One odd anomaly - trying to book MedallionNet, single device for 32 days, the new app wanted $270 while the old one charged the expected $240 ($7.50/day after discount). I used the old one. I will note that my dining reservations, excursions and the newly purchased MedallionNet did all get transferred to the new app. Despite some sign in and timeout issues, I have high hopes that this new app might not suck quite so much as the old one.

I tend not to carry my phone around on the ship, so I don't really care that much about the app as long as they let me on board.

Interesting.  I wonder why the 12.5% supposed increase?  Or, could be a bug.

33 minutes ago, highflyingrealtor said:

With the new app, where does it show if you’re green or blue? All our info transferred, just not showing status. (We were green before) 🤔

On the bottom of the app you'll see 5 different icons. Tap on the profile icon.  Tap on OceanReady Checklist. Scroll down to you see your name. Under your name you should see a green circled check mark and Ready to Sail in green.  I'm assuming that means you are in the green lane. Tap on your name and each line item will have a green circled check mark next to them. At least my wife shows that way. Mine has one line item not green. Mine says 6 out of 7 completed. I'm not giving permission for Shoreside payment method. New requirement. We both were green lane in the previous app. I'm still considering myself in the green lane. I may call Princess and challenge the Shoreside payment method request. 

Edited by doghog
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Coupe said:

I checked our dining reservations for our cruise and it has been changed from four people to two. I am pretty good with technology. I know I did it correctly. I called Princess and they told me that the dinner reservations are full. I'm not happy with Princess or their failing app.

Do you still have the old app on your phone with the original reservations?  I have both on my phone and the reservations are in both versions correctly.  Maybe check the old version and see if there's a difference?  Also I take a screen shot of my reservations after I make them 'just in case'.  

I have an iPhone downloaded the new app keeping the old one for now although the new one seems to be working fine I have a cruise January 6th and everything imported shows green lane and qr code was able to log in with email and password is not kicking me off like others have had do.