New Princess App available

iamaqt2

1 minute ago, nazpaz said:

I see that the old app now says it will be usable until "early 2024."  I think it said February 1 before didn't it?

Mine always said "early 2024". I thought OK, what do they consider early 2024 as we have a cruise booked for March. 

33 minutes ago, nazpaz said:

I see that the old app now says it will be usable until "early 2024."  I think it said February 1 before didn't it?

Screenshot_20240101-122139_Princess.jpg

30 minutes ago, doghog said:

Mine always said "early 2024". I thought OK, what do they consider early 2024 as we have a cruise booked for March. 

Here’s the statement about the 2/1/24 date although based on posts the remainder of the statement is not true for everyone.

“If you choose to, you can continue to use the existing MedallionClass® app on your upcoming cruise (until February 1, 2024). When you're ready to switch to the new app, the transition will be seamless and all your activity and info (including OceanReady® status, travel documents, and dining reservations) will be waiting for you in the new Princess® Cruises App.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/plan/oceanready

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Here’s the statement about the 2/1/24 date although based on posts the remainder of the statement is not true for everyone.

Consistently inconsistent.  My old app (still) only says "early 2024". Nothing else.

• Like 1

Just downloaded the new app. It only shows my April cruise not my October cruise. The old app shows both cruises. Both apps still show me as platinum not elite. And the new app doesn't offer facial recognition.

22 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Just downloaded the new app. It only shows my April cruise not my October cruise. The old app shows both cruises. Both apps still show me as platinum not elite. And the new app doesn't offer facial recognition.

It only shows my April cruise not my October cruise. The old app shows both cruises.

Read 574   This has been reported to IT

Both apps still show me as platinum not elite

This issue has been reported, however, I didn’t realize the old app shows you as platinum. Check your online account. 

And the new app doesn't offer facial recognition

Your kidding.  Lol. This is way above Princess IT capabilities. They currently having minor issues with the new App. To add facial recognition is way above their head. Lol 😆 

Edited by DHP1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

It only shows my April cruise not my October cruise. The old app shows both cruises.

Read 574   

As long as the new app lets me do what I have to do for the April cruise not a big deal. Yet!

But new isn't better.

3 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

As long as the new app lets me do what I have to do for the April cruise not a big deal. Yet!

But new isn't better.

You don’t what to received a platinum medallion after all your hard work getting to elite status 

1 minute ago, DHP1 said:

You don’t what to received a platinum medallion after all your hard work getting to elite status 

True.

The website shows elite status.

If the medallion shows up platinum, then they will have to change it when I check in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

True.

If the medallion shows up platinum, then they will have to change it when I check in.

I would do the same and so will others. 

Edited by DHP1

Last February we booked a cruise for October and were platinum at the time. But after cruises in April and July we turned elite. The app continued to show our October cruise as platinum but when we checked in we were given the correct elite medallion.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Read 574   This has been reported to IT

Both apps still show me as platinum not elite

This issue has been reported, however, I didn’t realize the old app shows you as platinum. Check your online account. 

And the new app doesn't offer facial recognition

Your kidding.  Lol. This is way above Princess IT capabilities. They currently having minor issues with the new App. To add facial recognition is way above their head. Lol 😆 

Or are you referring to the photo ID picture   

56 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

True.

This is an old IT issue, back and forth with the old and mow the new.  Day 1, I was blue, Day 2, I am black again.

Last sailing,

I was blue, received a blue OM.

GS changed it in 2 mins.  

Elite on the website is what really matters.  

Yours may switch back and forth too.  😳

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DHP1 said:

Or are you referring to the photo ID picture   

No facial recognition for the Princess app so you don't have to constantly type in your email and password to log-in. 

7 hours ago, minnesotasisu said:

The old app had the option for sending messages to other cruisers (as long as you had requested and been approved by them to be your shipmate). The quirk with that system is that the app did not have any notification bell or icon to let you know that you had a pending message waiting so we didn't use it too much.

On the new app I see a "crew chat" but I do not see any "cruiser chat". Maybe you have to wait until you are onboard to see it? While you can use Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp to communicate with fellow cruisers that only works if they all have a wi-fi package. On our upcoming cruise with another couple, one or both of them, may choose not to purchase the wi-fi package (we are all sailing with the standard fare - and yes, we did not math, the Plus package does not pay for us). We are unsure how we will maintain contact with them without a chat feature.

Sometime last year, PCL claimed they were adding a notice to the included chat feature.  AFAIK, that never happened.  Perhaps they decided to scrap it instead of fixing it.  Side effect might be a few more folks get MedallionNet.  Supposedly, at least 75% of the ship has it due to booking one of the two fare packages.  We use WhatsApp as we always have the internet package.

6 hours ago, DHP1 said:

The old app always showed my level as Blue.   New app has correct level.   As long as the info in your Captain Circle is correct you will receive the correct medallion color.  

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2023 at 1:15 AM, kamelia said:

Okay, Thrak, you've piqued my curiosity.  So if your virtual number that is designated for Princess gets used by another vendor - something radical like, oh, I don't know, maybe Radiqal something or other, let's say - would your bank reject it as an unauthorized transaction?

I'm not clear on how Radiqal bills. If it bills through Princess it might fly as it would show as a Princess purchase. If it's billed as Radiqal LLC or whatever I think it would be rejected as a bogus bill. If I do end up having to provide a credit card number for Radiqal (don't want to do that but...) I would simply make a new card number that is for that specific purpose. In the past I have left the shoreside billing portion of the app blank. Our next cruise was booked quite a while ago and I don't have any info in that portion of the app for the upcoming cruise.  I'm booked with the "old" Plus so they have decided I'm not cool enough to get my Medallions shipped for free so I won't be in the Green Lane anyway. I'll worry about Radiqal when/if I need to in the future.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I'm not clear on how Radiqal bills. If it bills through Princess it might fly as it would show as a Princess purchase. If it's billed as Radiqal LLC or whatever I think it would be rejected as a bogus bill. If I do end up having to provide a credit card number for Radiqal (don't want to do that but...) I would simply make a new card number that is for that specific purpose. In the past I have left the shoreside billing portion of the app blank. Our next cruise was booked quite a while ago and I don't have any info in that portion of the app for the upcoming cruise.  I'm booked with the "old" Plus so they have decided I'm not cool enough to get my Medallions shipped for free so I won't be in the Green Lane anyway. I'll worry about Radiqal when/if I need to in the future.

I have used the shoreside function seveal

times while visiting Cabo San Lucas.  The charges appeared on my credit card with the restaurant name as vendor.   The restaurant had one individual with access to the hand held machine processing the charge.  Taped the  Medallion on the device and I think I needed to enter a PIN number to verify the charge.   It was not as easy as just taping or swiping your card at most stores.   The rebate from Princess showed up the same day as refundable OBC. Saves taking credit cards.

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, erber said:

I have similar issues. When I log in as me, I am not “ready to sail” as I deleted my credit card for shoreside purchases ( I never had authorized those …hmmm) and so it shows 6/7 completed tasks. My husband however shows ready to sail and no mention of shoreside credit card approval. When I log in as him, it is the reverse, I am ready to sail and he is 6/7 even though I am the principal cardholder. Also for some reason even though we are both elite, my loyalty status is zero no matter how log in to the new app. My loyalty status is elite is correct on the old app. Not sure how to fix that one! Fortunately I have already purchased internet package ( and that shows up in the app as purchased) so I don’t have to worry about the internet discount issue. Anyone know how to fix loyalty status on the app? We don’t sail until June so I am hoping this all just fixes itself in an update. 

Yes, we have the same problem. I deleted my shoreside credit card details and I am now 6/7 though my husband is still showing as complete. When he logs in it is the reverse,  he is 6/7 and I am ready to sail. Anyone know  how to remedy this?

8 hours ago, kiwimum said:

The old app always showed my level as Blue.   New app has correct level.   As long as the info in your Captain Circle is correct you will receive the correct medallion color.  

Not always. My last cruise, I received a blue OM and DH received black. 🥴

GS just changed it OB. It was shown on the App incorrectly.  Website has always been correct.

Do we know for sure when the old app expires? We cruise on February 3 and if I have the choice I'd presfer to use the old app until they get this Radiqal Gaming/Shoreside nonsense figured out.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Do we know for sure when the old app expires? We cruise on February 3 and if I have the choice I'd presfer to use the old app until they get this Radiqal Gaming/Shoreside nonsense figured out.

Princess said you can use it until Feb 1st.  However, who knows if that will be the case. It may go later.

Are your OM being mailed to you?  If you get them, you should be in the Green lane.  Screenshot the page with the green lane. Take your OM and you’re set.  

Leave your old App on your phone and maybe download the new one if you have to after Feb 1st.  Keep both on your phone.  JMO

Edited by PacnGoNow

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Princess said you can use it until Feb 1st.  However, who knows if that will be the case. It may go later.

Are your OM being mailed to you?  If you get them, you should be in the Green lane.  Screenshot the page with the green lane. Take your OM and you’re set.  

Leave your old App on your phone and maybe download the new one if you have to after Feb 1st.  Keep both on your phone.  JMO

We're picking ours up at the port.

• Like 1

So, if you already have your medallions you are ready for the green lane no matter what the new app says. 

If you have already booked a cruise you can use the old app or the web page to order medallions no matter what the new app says.

If you haven't booked a cruise you can't order a medallion on the old or new app or the web.

Is that about right?

• Like 1