Still no medallions

hop2it

We're leaving in a week and haven't received the medallions. Got an e-mail several days ago saying they had shipped but the tracking link shows USPS waiting for them since Dec. 14 and no further information is available.  . . . I haven't seen any recent posts about this issue and am curious if this is a common problem, or maybe a new problem. I understand we can get medallions at the port, but it would be nice to have the delivery that was promised.

• Like 1

We are sailing Jan 7 and received our medallions USPS a few days ago.  It sounds like from your description that they are lost in USPS land.  I'd call and find out if they are sitting at your local USPS for some reason.  That's the best you can do. Otherwise, you will have to get new medallions at the port checkin.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, hop2it said:

We're leaving in a week and haven't received the medallions. Got an e-mail several days ago saying they had shipped but the tracking link shows USPS waiting for them since Dec. 14 and no further information is available.  . . . I haven't seen any recent posts about this issue and am curious if this is a common problem, or maybe a new problem. I understand we can get medallions at the port, but it would be nice to have the delivery that was promised.

If they don't arrive...ask for a refund/credit. Even if you got them with the pkg, you still "paid" for them.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, hop2it said:

Are you in US or Canada?  The Canada deliveries never show up on USPS tracking site, they just show up in a Canada Post XPress post package.

12 minutes ago, mrell345 said:

Are you in US or Canada?  The Canada deliveries never show up on USPS tracking site, they just show up in a Canada Post XPress post package.

Well, they wouldn't necessarily show up there, but PCL should be giving guests the CP tracking numbers.

21 hours ago, hop2it said:

We had a similar problem last year. Medallions were stuck in Carson, California since around December 14, 2022. Others have told me that's a US Customs processing facility. Anyway, they finally starting moving in the mail system around the 28th of December. We flew out of Tucson for Buenos Aires on December 30 around 11AM and our medallions arrived at our home at 1 PM the same day. Needless to say when we returned home in February we had two extra personally customized refrigerator magnets in a box.

The embarkation staff in BA expected us to have medallions so there weren't any prepared in advance for pickup at the dock. This is where things get really crazy. Old-style cruise cards had to be prepared so we could board the ship. This took about 15 minutes. We were then instructed to go to guest services and exchange the cruise cards for medallions. Can you imagine the length of the line at GS on embarkation day? That took about 45 minutes.

We vowed from then on we'd just pick up medallions at the port regardless of getting free shipping. That extra step takes only a minute and it's one (well really two) less thing to remember to pack.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

We vowed from then on we'd just pick up medallions at the port regardless of getting free shipping. That extra step takes only a minute and it's one (well really two) less thing to remember to pack.

This x 1000.  Why anyone would pay ten bucks and subject themselves to the angst of waiting for medallions to arrive when they can pick them up at the port for free is beyond me.  Even with "free shipping" as part of the Super Deluxe package, the anxiety isn't worth it.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

This x 1000.  Why anyone would pay ten bucks and subject themselves to the angst of waiting for medallions to arrive when they can pick them up at the port for free is beyond me.  Even with "free shipping" as part of the Super Deluxe package, the anxiety isn't worth it.

I agree that I would never pay the $10...but we typically book with at least Plus fare so the shipping was included.  We *certainly* did NOT book Plus for the free shipping!  Just a side benefit.

• Like 4

I am on the Jan 13th Cruise and I received the medallion shipping notification on December 22, 2023. My recommendation would be to not stress out too much, since you can get them at the port. 

Here is the tracking so far:

Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

BENSENVILLE, IL 60106 

December 23, 2023, 6:56 pm
Shipping Partner: 4PX EXPRESS USA

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

BENSENVILLE, IL 60106 

December 23, 2023, 4:56 pm

Picked Up By Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item

BENSENVILLE, IL 60106 

December 23, 2023, 2:56 pm

Pre-Shipment, USPS Awaiting Item

December 21, 2023

Edited by hatchda
  • Like 2

We sail 1/21 and received the medallion shipping notice email today. I was pleasantly surprised and expected it would be closer to sailing. We have Plus so didn't pay extra. Our last cruise in September we picked them up at the pier in Southampton.

I received mine the day after Christmas for a January 6th cruise it started out in Bensenville Illinois then went to LA from there Georgia then Tampa to Jacksonville then finally Ocala FL where I live so hopefully you'll receive in time for your cruise which I'm guessing is sky princess which I will be disembark on the 13th.

• Like 1

Not that it matters to anyone else, but just to follow up: Our medallions arrived today, just in time for this week's departure — but the USPS tracking information never did update after the initial Dec. 14 notice that they were being shipped.

• Like 3

On 12/28/2023 at 10:57 AM, Rick&Jeannie said:

I agree that I would never pay the $10...but we typically book with at least Plus fare so the shipping was included.  We *certainly* did NOT book Plus for the free shipping!  Just a side benefit.

In the past I got free shipping with Plus. However, because our next cruise was booked a long time ago and we only have the "old" Plus, they no longer think we are "cool enough" to receive the free shipping. Ah, well. We'll just pick the things up at the port. We never did experience any angst regarding whether or not the things would arrive in time for our cruise as we always knew that, if they didn't arrive in a timely manner, we could still just get them at the port. After all, that's what we always had to do with the Cruise Cards and it wasn't a big hassle.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 12/28/2023 at 1:58 PM, hatchda said:

I am on the Jan 13th Cruise and I received the medallion shipping notification on December 22, 2023.

Same here, hatchda — Jan. 13th cruise. Ordered medallions mid-November. 10 days prior to our cruise, here is our tracking info.  What the heck is this “Shipping Partner: 4PX Express”?? A new Pony Express?  So the USPS was WAITING on the package at IL from 12/20-12/31, and it finally arrived at USPS in LOS ANGELES? And now they are being mailed to North Carolina!!??  If they are using USPS, why not just mail the dang things to start with? Just crazy! I know we don’t NEED to have the Medallions when we show up for embarkation, but I think they require you to order them in advance to be green lane and charge you to ship them (unless you have plus or premium).  It’s the principle of the thing for me. I just find inefficiency and incompetence supremely irritating. So c’mon, Princess… get with it! I think the original Pony Express would have been faster!🤪IMG_4769.thumb.jpeg.0a591937e27c39d0646d8da5c20581b1.jpeg

Edited by dixiejen

11 hours ago, dixiejen said:

Same here, hatchda — Jan. 13th cruise. Ordered medallions mid-November. 10 days prior to our cruise, here is our tracking info.  What the heck is this “Shipping Partner: 4PX Express”?? A new Pony Express?  So the USPS was WAITING on the package at IL from 12/20-12/31, and it finally arrived at USPS in LOS ANGELES? And now they are being mailed to North Carolina!!??  If they are using USPS, why not just mail the dang things to start with? Just crazy! I know we don’t NEED to have the Medallions when we show up for embarkation, but I think they require you to order them in advance to be green lane and charge you to ship them (unless you have plus or premium).  It’s the principle of the thing for me. I just find inefficiency and incompetence supremely irritating. So c’mon, Princess… get with it! I think the original Pony Express would have been faster!🤪IMG_4769.thumb.jpeg.0a591937e27c39d0646d8da5c20581b1.jpeg

Ours is on an identical track! Fingers crossed we have them by the 11th when we travel to FLL for 1/13 voyage! 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ProfMHC said:

Ours is on an identical track! Fingers crossed we have them by the 11th when we travel to FLL for 1/13 voyage! 

Same here, it's weird to me but it must be somehow cheaper for them to crisscross the whole country before arrival at the destination. Going right by on the way to CA and back 🤔.

• Haha 1

So glad I live in the UK so have no choice but to collect the medallions at the port. It seems such a palaver ordering the things and creates needless stress for some!  

• Like 4

16 hours ago, dixiejen said:

4PX is a global shipping partner company.  Your medallions were shipped from an origination point *outside* the US.  It is then handed off to USPS for domestic side delivery.

From the 4PX.com website:

4PX was founded in 2004 and is a global leader in comprehensive supply chain services for cross-border e-commerce. The company has a strong presence in the field of cross-border e-commerce logistics, with two key networks - the Global Parcel Network (GPN) and the Global Fulfillment Network (GFN). It offers a wide range of services, including global order fulfillment, warehousing and logistics management system services, global returns solutions, global direct parcel delivery services, and global transit import services. With the most complete service offerings and a well-established global network, 4PX  is a leading player in the industry.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Interesting my tracking has an update as of 1/4/24 at 12:49am; however, TODAY right now it's 1/3/24. Time travel must be a new perk. Must be China time. 😋

Screenshot_20240103_113513_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Your medallions were shipped from an origination point *outside* the US.

Soooo….China! Makes sense -  I think the medallions are made in China, so I get that. Still don’t get why they go to IL, then to CA, then to NC. My money is on a Chinese 4PX Express distribution company in Bensenville, IL!😉  BUT — if Princess knows those “ponies” have to fly or swim from China, why wait over a month from the time I ordered them to start that process? Anyhooooo…. It is what it is. I’m just hoping we don’t have go through what happened to beg3yrs!!  (#7 above) That really would stink — what a way to start your cruise!   But good luck to all still waiting and happy sailing!!😆

1 minute ago, dixiejen said:

Soooo….China! Makes sense -  I think the medallions are made in China, so I get that. Still don’t get why they go to IL, then to CA, then to NC. My money is on a Chinese 4PX Express distribution company in Bensenville, IL!😉  BUT — if Princess knows those “ponies” have to fly or swim from China, why wait over a month from the time I ordered them to start that process? Anyhooooo…. It is what it is. I’m just hoping we don’t have go through what happened to beg3yrs!!  (#7 above) That really would stink — what a way to start your cruise!   But good luck to all still waiting and happy sailing!!😆

Not sure that they come from China...(they *might*...don't know for sure), but I have seen various posts here on CC saying that their shipping notifications "start" from Singapore.

Posted (edited)

4PX Express picked up the shipmentDomestic Air Cargo Terminal, Shenzhen, China

this was Dec 20

still “arriving late” ….. in transit 

nothing new since Jan 2

Edited by ProfMHC
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Not sure that they come from China...(they *might*...don't know for sure)

Oh, I don’t know for sure either! But I saw a post on CC in which a guy totally disassembled a medallion and for some reason, I’m thinking I saw “Made in China” on it somewhere. Could absolutely be wrong though! Singapore is still a LONG way away though, and should require adequate time for shipping…

15 minutes ago, ProfMHC said:

4PX Express picked up the shipmentDomestic Air Cargo Terminal, Shenzhen, China

this was Dec 20

still “arriving late” ….. in transit 

nothing new since Jan 2

Ah!  So it appears that they *are* coming from China...(or at least *some* are being sourced from there.)