Issue with rssc.com

vegasdriven

Apparently Regent’s website is incorrect. The pricing I see (in Canada) does not correlate to what you are offered when booking, either through the company, or my very good TA.

No one seems to be able to tell me if the price I see in $Can. is before or after special offer discounts are taken off. As the price shown to me on the website is the same across all the special offers, it seems to me that would be the beginning price before applied offer, but apparently not.

The offer I receive is somewhat less then the amount shown, but nowhere near say for instance the at par promotion, nor the 20% discount promo that is good till Dec 31.

Sorry if this is all very confusing, that would be because I am confused by it, it does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling, as I think a company should stand behind advertised pricing. I was told by Regent’s rep that the website was incorrect- not a very good excuse in my opinion.

I did book a suite, but thanks to book onboard benefits, (30 days before sailing on our upcoming cruise) we will have 30 days to cancel if we are irritated enough to do so.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. It didn’t seem to be an issue on our other 2 Regent cruises.

Can't speak for Regent's website in Canada, but on the U.S. website it states :

"Fares below reflect all Featured Special Offer savings. 2-for-1 All Inclusive Fares include flights, hotel and transfers, where applicable. 2-for-1 All Inclusive Cruise Fares include applicable credits for guests arranging their own flights, hotels and transfers."  

The offer may combinable  with other discounts, so maybe what you are getting is the advertised discount along with other discounts.   

I go to each separate offer, and they all show the same price- so it is impossible to tell what the actual cost is. The stated price is not the same as anything I was offered by calling Regent or my TA. 
I would like to be able to know what the actual cost would be before contacting either, or at least to be able to have a starting amount to then calculate what it would be with discounts applied. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vegasdriven said:

I would like to be able to know what the actual cost would be before contacting either, or at least to be able to have a starting amount to then calculate what it would be with discounts applied. 

I have found that the cost on line is the HIGHEST cost you'd pay.  We've done 3 Regent cruises, cancelled off a 4th for Covid, and have 4 more booked, so booked a total of 8 cruises EVERYONE came in a bit cheaper than I expected from on line cost due to various discounts that will be applied.  So what I do is find a cruise I'd like to do, and contact my TA to put a "7 day hold" on the cruise. That way I know the actual cost including any discounts for the loyalty program or b2b cruises, any OBC that is applicable,  and lock in both the rate and cabin choice.  If I choose not to do the cruise I can simply let the hold expire or email my TA and let her know.  Also if you are within the shore excursion selection date, you can enter the booking number and look at available excursions.  You can't book them until the deposit is paid, but at least you'll have an idea what excursions are still available.

Bottom line, your "starting point" is the published price on the website which does include the advertised discounted rate.  Your rate will possibly go down from there depending on the discount program.   

• Thanks 1

On 12/28/2023 at 4:04 PM, vegasdriven said:

Apparently Regent’s website is incorrect. The pricing I see (in Canada) does not correlate to what you are offered when booking, either through the company, or my very good TA.

No one seems to be able to tell me if the price I see in $Can. is before or after special offer discounts are taken off. As the price shown to me on the website is the same across all the special offers, it seems to me that would be the beginning price before applied offer, but apparently not.

The offer I receive is somewhat less then the amount shown, but nowhere near say for instance the at par promotion, nor the 20% discount promo that is good till Dec 31.

Sorry if this is all very confusing, that would be because I am confused by it, it does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling, as I think a company should stand behind advertised pricing. I was told by Regent’s rep that the website was incorrect- not a very good excuse in my opinion.

I did book a suite, but thanks to book onboard benefits, (30 days before sailing on our upcoming cruise) we will have 30 days to cancel if we are irritated enough to do so.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. It didn’t seem to be an issue on our other 2 Regent cruises.

My issue with incorrect website pricing is because I cruise solo. Even if I input that only one passenger is sailing, I generally get a price that is twice the per person double occupancy cost. That would make sense except that I am always looking at itineraries that have a 0% single supplement or some other reduced single supplement percentage.
I recently was looking at a July 25 sailing that had a wonderfully low price. Unfortunately, when I am given the 0% single supplement cost, it is much higher than the price I see on the website.
It is a bit of a struggle to figure out the applicable pricing. 

1 hour ago, PhD-iva said:

My issue with incorrect website pricing is because I cruise solo. Even if I input that only one passenger is sailing, I generally get a price that is twice the per person double occupancy cost. That would make sense except that I am always looking at itineraries that have a 0% single supplement or some other reduced single supplement percentage.
I recently was looking at a July 25 sailing that had a wonderfully low price. Unfortunately, when I am given the 0% single supplement cost, it is much higher than the price I see on the website.
It is a bit of a struggle to figure out the applicable pricing. 

I agree. I am on that sailing and have compared my and my friends' (2 in a suite) Guest Statements. Even with my Platinum status, I am not paying half. And as new clients, they received more SBC than I!

3 hours ago, Mahogany said:

I agree. I am on that sailing and have compared my and my friends' (2 in a suite) Guest Statements. Even with my Platinum status, I am not paying half. And as new clients, they received more SBC than I!

I was told the reason is that the current low sale price is not combinable with the 0% single supplement. So, under those rules, you have to look at the higher fare to then calculate the solo price……SIGH!

@PhD-iva, thanks for that clarification. When I try to get the solo fares, I have to manually subtract all of the deductions on the last page, then add back in 50% of the airfare deduction to get close to the price. Wasn’t sure why solo fare base started with the all inclusive fare, not fare without air…

I did get a good solo deal on Navigator Nov 5, Istanbul to Rome during the Black Friday sale. Appreciated the extra discount and $500 sbc. Have been trying to get to Istanbul and although I have been to many of the ports, there are a lot of great food&wine tours that available. Hoping weather will be tolerable and crowds less than summer season.

10 hours ago, CardowMD said:

@PhD-iva, thanks for that clarification. When I try to get the solo fares, I have to manually subtract all of the deductions on the last page, then add back in 50% of the airfare deduction to get close to the price. Wasn’t sure why solo fare base started with the all inclusive fare, not fare without air…

I did get a good solo deal on Navigator Nov 5, Istanbul to Rome during the Black Friday sale. Appreciated the extra discount and $500 sbc. Have been trying to get to Istanbul and although I have been to many of the ports, there are a lot of great food&wine tours that available. Hoping weather will be tolerable and crowds less than summer season.

Be careful w Navigator, as it has serious vibration issues. There is a sticky on this forum w reviews of specific cabins so you can check if someone has highlighted an issue with a cabin.

Enjoy your cruise!

PS, IIRC Navigator doesn’t have a forward observation lounge…….on some itineraries that could be a disadvantage.

@PhD-ivaI am in a 5G Oceanview, the F balconies available would have been aft with the vibration….Learned that was not a good location from CC! Cruise is early to mid November, so expecting cooler weather. Sunrise about 730-8am and sunset before 5, very port intensive so not as concerned about front views. Will miss my balcony, but expect some slightly rougher seas and think selected cabin will reduce any seasickness but expect waves crashing on side of ship.

I was on Navigator a few times back in mid2000s…but this will be first solo cruise. Have not seen as many live posts from Navigator, but people still seem to like the ship.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 7:54 AM, CardowMD said:

Navigator Nov 5, Istanbul to Rome

Just did this itinerary this year on Splendor. Our weather was generally good, with only a few rainy days. Crowds were supposedly less, but still more than we expected.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CardowMD said:

@PhD-ivaI am in a 5G Oceanview, the F balconies available would have been aft with the vibration….Learned that was not a good location from CC! Cruise is early to mid November, so expecting cooler weather. Sunrise about 730-8am and sunset before 5, very port intensive so not as concerned about front views. Will miss my balcony, but expect some slightly rougher seas and think selected cabin will reduce any seasickness but expect waves crashing on side of ship.

I was on Navigator a few times back in mid2000s…but this will be first solo cruise. Have not seen as many live posts from Navigator, but people still seem to like the ship.

I was solo on Navigator this summer and the vibration is real but for me it was not a problem - I only noticed it with 1) room service tray - don't leave the cutlery on the plate 2) the vibration was terrible in the theater during talks/seminars that had power point presentation - had to close my eyes at times 3) bars which have the glassware touching - think crew has become so accustomed they don’t notice but it was annoying!

Navigator is old and showing her age but now after sailing on Splendor & Explorer solo for me Navigator was so much better - maybe its smaller size but I felt more welcomed and while yes Regent has great service it just seemed on Navigator it was it was more elevated or maybe vs on Splendor I felt more class system.

• Like 3

Navigator is a polarizing ship - some people love her, some don't.  Yes, she's kind of old and rattles a bit.  Sometimes more than a bit.  But our first Regent cruise was on Navigator and we've sailed her several times and although you give up a little in the glitz and extra dining options you make up for it in an intimacy you don't get on the newer ships.  Not crowded, but just more friendly somehow.

And I just looked at this thread title and realized that I'm off-topic.  🙂

Sorry!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1