Matching Document Names

Fouremco

My Guest Ticket Booklet made available today makes the following statement: "The name on your cruise line or airline reservation (if applicable) must match the name on your valid passport book or other identification documents". No argument, this has been the case for years.

That said, my passport includes my middle name, but neither the Booklet nor my SetSail Pass contains that name. My "profile", both online and in the app, contains my middle name, as does the booking confirmation from my TA, but will the terminal staff look at these or at the SetSail Pass? Need I be worried?

A second question. The Guest Ticket Booklet also states "Remember to print your SetSail Pass and bring it with you in order to board the ship." Is this true, or will it suffice to have it loaded to my Apple Wallet? I suspect that the Booklet wording needs updating.

My passport doesn't have my middle initial but my RCCL info does and I've never had a problem.  I always show my SetSail Pass from my phone.  I never print it out.  I agree they need to change the wording because most people just show their phone.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fouremco said:

A second question. The Guest Ticket Booklet also states "Remember to print your SetSail Pass and bring it with you in order to board the ship." Is this true, or will it suffice to have it loaded to my Apple Wallet? I suspect that the Booklet wording needs updating.

You do not need to print it or even have it on your phone. It will take (literally) a few seconds longer but they can do it for you at check in. They will ask to see it at security and not having it will slow you down a little there but you do not NEED it to check in. With all that said, save it to your Apple Wallet and you'll be fine.

12 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

That has been my experience as well. My passport says Jane Smith Doe, my cruise documents (and many plane tickets for that matter) say Jane Doe. 100+ international flights and cruises, never an issue. 

My wife had an issue with (I think) United airlines a couple months ago. Her TSA Known Traveller profile has her middle initial, her United Airlines profile didn't have it. When we printed our boarding passes, she did not have TSA precheck. We had to go to the United counter to figure out what happened and to get it straightened out.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

My wife had an issue with (I think) United airlines a couple months ago. Her TSA Known Traveller profile has her middle initial, her United Airlines profile didn't have it. When we printed our boarding passes, she did not have TSA precheck. We had to go to the United counter to figure out what happened and to get it straightened out.

I think the airlines are much more strict with names on the manifest matching up with photo ID than cruise lines.

I do check-in for cruises sailing to Alaska (all closed loop), and we do 'name corrections' every sailing.  It usually means that the passenger has to be check-in by a counter agent, but generally speaking, we can easily correct simple name issues.

• Like 1