Spirit of Adventure - does room service include alcohol?

SailawaySarah

We’re shortly embarking on our first ever cruise with Saga on SoA. The room service menus I’ve found online look good, but don’t mention drinks. Can you order a glass or two of wine in your cabin?

Thanks for any info!

As well as the room service menu you can also order anything off the MDR lunch and dinner menus during the restaurant opening hours which is a definite plus.

• 1 month later...

2 hours ago, owadbucket said:

Can you order a bottle of spirits for your cabin , anyone done this. Instead of someone carrying a night cap every day a bottle would be easiest.

I think it depends on your cabin grade.  For those lucky enough to be in a suite, bottles of your favourite tipples are provided by your butler for your in-suite bar.

We usually order from room service if we want a drink in our cabin.  

Thanks, I just thought easier for staff to do a one-off by suppling a bottle. Doesn’t cost them anymore than sending down 2 glasses each evening. We can but ask as we found staff exceptionally pleasant last year. We have standard cabin thus 2 holidays for the price of a suite. 

I doubt if staff can sign out a bottle,  bit of a flaff even for a suite.

To save room steward work if it's an after dinner drink , can just bring anything back from any bar.

This shows the suite benefit of a bottle is actually not much of a benefit. Especially if you don't like same drink each night. 

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

I doubt if staff can sign out a bottle,  bit of a flaff even for a suite.

To save room steward work if it's an after dinner drink , can just bring anything back from any bar.

This shows the suite benefit of a bottle is actually not much of a benefit. Especially if you don't like same drink each night. 

We had more than one bottle of spirits in our suite which were replaced when empty by the butler. Not emptied by me, I’m a wine drinker! No faff at all!

• Like 1

On 2/17/2024 at 9:36 AM, Windsurfboy said:

The flaff was for the butler not me, every time he replaced a bottle  I had to sign a form, one copy for him one for stores.

We've never had to do that. New bottles magically appear when the butler realises we are getting low.

We get a cognac that isn't available even to buy in the bars. We also got premium lager that wasn't available elsewhere last time.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, owadbucket said:

And for that you pay 100% extra? I’m interested in standard cabins which most of use. All drinks onboard incl premium are included in standard prices as well. 

I know this is going off piste, not linked to orginal post.

But on Saga the only reason for a suite is space,  no meaningful benefits  compared to other cabins. Primarily because the benefits in any Saga Cabin are so good,  what more could you want.  In all cabins can order any drink in your room.

Perhaps this is one reason suites on Saga aren't the first to sell out unlike many other lines. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Windsurfboy said:

I know this is going off piste, not linked to orginal post.

But on Saga the only reason for a suite is space,  no meaningful benefits  compared to other cabins. Primarily because the benefits in any Saga Cabin are so good,  what more could you want.  In all cabins can order any drink in your room.

Perhaps this is one reason suites on Saga aren't the first to sell out unlike many other lines. 

From comments on previous threads, it would seem that suite passengers stand more chance of getting into the speciality restaurants...

• Haha 1

Off topic again, Cunard are releasing 2026 itineraries early next month.

Unlike Saga their suites do tend to sell out quickly.

In the meantime Saga haven't yet released the summer 2025 itineraries 🤷‍♀️

3 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

Off topic again, Cunard are releasing 2026 itineraries early next month.

Unlike Saga their suites do tend to sell out quickly.

In the meantime Saga haven't yet released the summer 2025 itineraries 🤷‍♀️

I asked the Saga World lady on SoA earlier this month when these cruises would be released, and she said early March.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, LondonLad60 said:

I asked the Saga World lady on SoA earlier this month when these cruises would be released, and she said early March.

I was advised yesterday that E Brochure for pre registrations would be sent out within the next two weeks.

• Like 1