Premium Drink Package

ScottC4746

I had upgraded to a premium Drink Package which as I understand covers up to $17 per drink.

I was looking at bar menus on my app and just about everything is north of $17 as high as $20 or more.  I assume for a $20 drink I will only be billed for $3.

I at the same time feel duped as just about anything with "authority" in it won't be covered.

Any comments or suggestions?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

There will be a lot of cocktail options within the $17 limit, wine options will be more limited.  Most bar menus show the specialty drinks from that bar.  
Cocktails that can be made with the liquors on the Premium package will be covered.  That includes most martinis from the Martini Bar, daquiri, mojito,

margaritas, Bloody Mary,  manhattan, pina colada, old fashion, gin, vodka, rum with various mixers, lots of possibilities.

you are correct on being charged the difference plus 20% gratuity on the difference.

Edited by jelayne

We were on Ascent last week and had a premium pkg. Yes, there were many drinks over the $17 limit. However, we always found an option - a good option - that was priced within the package. Several times the servers steered us to an option that didn't result in an incremental charge.

Note that we're not fancy wine drinkers - we drink a lot of cocktails. 

1 hour ago, Dawnspring said:

Are you looking at a Europe or Australia cruise? Local laws say that full price has to be included on menu prices. $17 + gratuity is rounded down to $20 on these cruises 

Not true of all cruise starting in the Europe 

I believe tips have be include just cruise starting in the UK