Anyone know the cost of Princess transfer from Southampton to Heathrow?

KKB

(I know it's a Europe question, but a Princess question specifically)

Since I booked thru a TA, I can't see a price from them online.

We have a van booked for 4 of us for $280.

Figured it would be $70 each or so on Princess but wanted to see if anyone knew.

Thanks!

Posted (edited)

The National Express coach running regular coach from LHR to Southampton Coach Station.  It is around 25 GBP per person.  Your bags are stored underneath the coach - much like the $64 one way Princess would transfer you.  From there is is a 20GBP or less taxi(good for 4 passengers) ride to the dock.

We did the reverse a couple years before Covid.  It is a convenient coach ride.  While you need to add the taxi between dock and Southampton coach station, it is not much extra effort as there are lots of taxis available on both embarkation / disembarkation days going between the dock and the Southampton Coach Station.

Edited by nho9504

Posted (edited)

We have done this several times for $59...but @Ken the cruiser says $64 now.  Looks like the Princess Price Increase machine finally found the transfer section.

Once you have a booking just look under the Travel tab in your Cruise Personalizer.  Scroll down to the section just underneath the airfare part.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

36 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We have done this several times for $59...but @Ken the cruiser says $64 now.  Looks like the Princess Price Increase machine finally found the transfer section.

Once you have a booking just look under the Travel tab in your Cruise Personalizer.  Scroll down to the section just underneath the airfare part.

I have to admit $64 per person does seem like a fair price for a very low stress door-to-door service from baggage claim to the cruise terminal or in the other direction from the cruise terminal to the airport.

IMG_9128.jpeg.4ee16ad914f0e3918d4bcf056e5faf15.jpeg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I think, as the OP mentioned, if you book with a TA you can't book your own transfers or see that option in the Personalizer.  Back when we used a TA we had to have them book the transfers, but now that we book direct we have the ability to see them and book ourselves in the Personalizer. 

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

I think, as the OP mentioned, if you book with a TA you can't book your own transfers or see that option in the Personalizer.  Back when we used a TA we had to have them book the transfers, but now that we book direct we have the ability to see them and book ourselves in the Personalizer. 

This is true. The only place you will see it is in the Travel Summary once your TA books it for you.

IMG_9129.thumb.jpeg.b9ecee91e07256b7ec49e17864e590e1.jpeg

Edited by Ken the cruiser

20 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

We are paying $64 per person each way for transfers from LHR to Southampton and from Southampton to LHR associated with our July 2024 Sky Princess cruise.

We booked a private transfer from LHR to Southampton with a stop over at Stonehenge for only $66/person.  Check out Eddie Manning for transfers, we used him before, and were very impressed and had no issues.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cruizin_PA said:

We booked a private transfer from LHR to Southampton with a stop over at Stonehenge for only $66/person.  Check out Eddie Manning for transfers, we used him before, and were very impressed and had no issues.

We have done the exact same transfer from International Friends. This is a great way to get to the ship, though you're NOT going to be eating lunch in an MDR!

8 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We have done the exact same transfer from International Friends. This is a great way to get to the ship, though you're NOT going to be eating lunch in an MDR!

We did the International Friends transfer with Stonehenge in September too, but it was $100GBP.  It looks like it has gone up to $120GBP now.  I didn't recommend it earlier because the OP asked specifically about the cost of Princess transfers, but we would recommend the IF option highly.  They picked us up on time from our hotel and we had a great guide.  We were in London several days in advance so it worked well for us, but for those flying in the same day it might be a bit much logistically.  

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We did the International Friends transfer with Stonehenge in September too, but it was $100GBP.  It looks like it has gone up to $120GBP now.  I didn't recommend it earlier because the OP asked specifically about the cost of Princess transfers, but we would recommend the IF option highly.  They picked us up on time from our hotel and we had a great guide.  We were in London several days in advance so it worked well for us, but for those flying in the same day it might be a bit much logistically.  

It sounds like IF has raised their pricing (not surprising, really.) Last I heard, Stonehenge really hasn't changed too much ( 😄 ) so the basis of this transfer is just the cost of getting from point A to point B...with the bonus of getting to see an amazing sight!

Edited by Rick&Jeannie

21 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

It sounds like IF has raised their pricing (not surprising, really.) Last I heard, Stonehenge really hasn't changed too much ( 😄 ) so the basis of this transfer is just the cost of getting from point A to point B...with the bonus of getting to see an amazing sight!

I totally agree and only posted the prices since the OP asked about transfer prices and someone else posted a Stonehenge transfer for $66 (I assume USD) which is considerably less than IF.  🙂 

I was very comfortable with IF since they are highly rated and recommended.  

A nice alternative from Southampton to Heathrow that involves zero luggage hassle is to book the excursion from Southampton to Stonehenge to Heathrow. They deal with the luggage and you also get some other places on the excursion. We found it to be a great way to get from Southampton to Heathrow with zero hassle and some great places along the way.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Thrak said:

A nice alternative from Southampton to Heathrow that involves zero luggage hassle is to book the excursion from Southampton to Stonehenge to Heathrow. They deal with the luggage and you also get some other places on the excursion. We found it to be a great way to get from Southampton to Heathrow with zero hassle and some great places along the way.

We looked into that for our cruise but it was for flights after 4pm. Our flight left at 1:30 which was a better time for us logistically, so we did Stonehenge on the way to the ship. Next time we hope to do the Windsor Castle transfer.