What are these?

Go-Bucks!

7 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Infrared flame detector.  Due to the wind on balconies, smoke and heat detectors don't work too well, so they go with the flame detectors. The sprinkler head provides heat detection, as the thermal bulb blows out at around 135*F.  And, if you look closely enough, the photo above is of the exact same sensor as the OP's photo.

Thank you for putting this to rest!  As you can see, there were guesses all over the map! 😄

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

Infrared flame detector.  Due to the wind on balconies, smoke and heat detectors don't work too well, so they go with the flame detectors. The sprinkler head provides heat detection, as the thermal bulb blows out at around 135*F.  And, if you look closely enough, the photo above is of the exact same sensor as the OP's photo.

Comes in clutch with an answer. 

19 hours ago, drowelf said:

Are these really routers or just access points. I can't see the reason to put a router in each room, that not how wireless networks work. You would want either Access Points or Extenders in various locations, but unless each room is its own network (sub-net), you would not need routers. 

18 hours ago, Papa Yoda said:

Right, not routers or repeaters.  Cisco Aironet Access Points are in some cabins (suites especially - behind the TV) and on the ceilings of passageways.  As noted they are white boxes some with a blue light on (hopefully).  They home back to ethernet switches in the electrical closets.

There are none on cabin balconies.

Yes, you are exactly right! My mistake, didn't mean to say router. Access point is correct!

• Like 1

On 1/8/2024 at 4:28 AM, chengkp75 said:

This is the OP...thank you for sharing the correct answer and not just a guess. I was hoping that these weren't cameras but in this day and age you never know. Plus, I enjoy learning new things, so thanks again. 😊 

• Like 1