HAVE CAPTAIN'S COCKTAIL PARTIES RESUMED?

Mareblu

2 hours ago, elmsliebev said:

we are on our first Oceania cruise in October. it's 16 nights - will there be more than 1 Captain's Cocktail party? I know we won't get invited to repeat cruisers events! 

Regatta ?

That appears to be a single segment cruise......ie: only one embarkation port.

So only one Captain's cocktail party.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, tigerfan75 said:

We enjoy the introduction of the Staff, which facilitates matching faces to the position during casual encounters elsewhere on the ship…

They wear name tags, if I go it's for the free booze. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, 1985rz1 said:

Only reason we go 🍸☺️🍸

Only reason you go on the cruise or only reason you go to that party? I spent time in the corporate world where cocktail parties were pretty much required. We 'smart' people would grab a glass of wine, work the rounds and leave. Different strokes.

4 minutes ago, clo said:

Only reason you go on the cruise or only reason you go to that party? I spent time in the corporate world where cocktail parties were pretty much required. We 'smart' people would grab a glass of wine, work the rounds and leave. Different strokes.

Uh, I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume the only reason they go on a thousands dollar cruise is not for 2 hours of free booze. But maybe they will surprise, or should I say shock me. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, EJL2023 said:

Uh, I’m going to go out on a limb here and assume the only reason they go on a thousands dollar cruise is not for 2 hours of free booze. But maybe they will surprise, or should I say shock me. 😄

Just trying to clarify but agree with you.

17 minutes ago, clo said:

Only reason to go to the party.  We grab a drink and leave.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clo said:

Not being snotty but why do people care about these parties?? Is it just the free booze?

Same reason I go to a neighbor's open house...it's the polite thing to do, even if it's just a quick "thank you for inviting me", hold a drink, mingle a little, run away. We are introverts so have to be pried out of our shells, but we always seem to close down the welcome party.

2 hours ago, AMHuntFerry said:

Same reason I go to a neighbor's open house...it's the polite thing to do, even if it's just a quick "thank you for inviting me", hold a drink, mingle a little, run away. We are introverts so have to be pried out of our shells, but we always seem to close down the welcome party.

Thanks. Perfect explanation. And for those who want more than one, well then, I guess that the booze 🙂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, clo said:

Thanks. Perfect explanation. And for those who want more than one, well then, I guess that the booze 🙂

And there's something really festive about having trays of canapes brought around...even better than chips and nuts!

• Like 3

On 1/12/2024 at 9:15 PM, ORV said:

This was never the case before. I'll check it out. 

just got off Marina in Buenos Aires and had HH  2 for 1 Martinis in Martinis with our favorite Big O. no  problem, 

Enjoy Oceania Marina.  Great ship for our 39 day cruise, Miami to Buenos Aires.

On 1/12/2024 at 6:12 PM, Tranquility Base said:

A slightly related topic.....if you have time to report back about as well please.

I can't recall how Happy Hour actually works at Martinis.

However, it was reported by someone currently onboard that during HH at Martinis only their Martinis where available as the 2 for 1.

If you wanted another type of drink (2 for 1 ) then you had to go to another bar.

The post made it appear as though this was a change.

Was this always the case or is this also new ?

15 minutes ago, sailfar said:

just got off Marina in Buenos Aires and had HH  2 for 1 Martinis in Martinis with our favorite Big O. no  problem, 

As you see above they are asking about other drinks besides Martinis. Did you have 2 4 1's of any thing beside Martinis?

1 hour ago, sailfar said:

I hope you adore BA. We've been there twice and would love to return.

On 1/10/2024 at 7:57 PM, Mareblu said:

Mix & Mingle gatherings, for anyone on the specific rollcall who would like to meet other rollcallers.

Thank you, had no idea!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sailfar said:

had 2 for one rusty nails I believe during hh

I may have gotten off track. I was talking about Buenos Aires when I wrote BA )

41 minutes ago, clo said:

I may have gotten off track. I was talking about Buenos Aires when I wrote BA )

Which was totally off topic, as you usually are, which is why the poster is confused. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1