Regal Princess Best Balcony location

Titanfan22

I have not cruised on the Regal or her sister ships.  I am cost driven so I am looking at a standard balcony room at the front or the rear of the ship.  I would appreciate any input I can get on the following questions:

1). I will be all over the boat, so no matter which end, I’m prepared for a marathon. As far as ride, noise, etc., is there a preference or an advantage to one over the other.

2). Which deck is preferred. I would like to be able to look straight down to the water and side to side from the balcony but don’t want to be any higher than I have to be.  I’ve considered an obstructed balcony on Emerald deck over the promenade, however it appears you cannot see right or left past the tender boats?  

3).  I’ve been told port side is typically better but have no reason why?

4).  It appears that the obstructed view is the only way to get a balcony the is deeper. Is that correct?  Again, tender boat concerns.  (Other than upgrading room)

5).  Are there thermal spa facilities like other cruise ships?  Any idea what the daily cost would be?  

6). I see specialty dining and now casual dining, can someone explain the difference?

I’m considering a 12 day cruise and would like to learn as much as possible about this ship. Any other tips would be appreciated also.

Thank you in advance!

2. We have an obstructed but the obstruction is small. That said if you wanted to look down to the ocean it would be a bit in the way (but barely more than the promenade would be). We’re in E702.

5. yes there are. It’s $150 a week.

6. casual is stuff that used to be free but now isn’t.

• Like 1

The Regal is a beautiful ship.  

I go on cruises only once every three years or so. When I do , I like the middle of the ship. I work fifty-six hour work weeks, so I feel it is worth the money to be where I like. If I can't get the middle, I try to get the rear over the front. I feel it is a smoother ride. I like decks nine, ten, and eleven. And I personally like the starboard side.   Absolutely get a balcony room. It lets you get away from the crowd, and it is a million dollar view.

Specialty dinning is a full blown fine dinning experience. It is dinning like your average working man could not normally afford. And even then it is an extra thirty-five dollars or so. The casual dinning is restaurants on board that are not free like the main dinning room, and buffet are. Casual dinning restaurants cost around fifteen dollars.  You have to research the ship to find the names of the restaurants

Look to book an Obstructed Balcony, on deck 8  ( Emerald Deck )

Look for the ones that are at the mid-ship center bump out area.

The only 'obstruction' is just the public deck area below.  

Most of these have angled balconies that give you a little extra balcony space as well.

Standard Balcony cabins E414-E436 on PORT side. E415-E437 STARBOARD.

Assuming you are traveling as one or two guests...  the system might not let you book the 

Deluxe Balcony cabins, slightly bigger with a little love-seat.  

These would be E404 - E412 PORT...  E403 - E411 STARBOARD

Notice that CROONERS is just below on the Port side.  Might be able to hear that until they shut down for the night.

We love the REGAL!!!

Take advantage of the Adult Pool area...  You might not be able to find availability in the Sanctuary, as those with early priority boarding will be able to reserve first...  upon boarding.  First come first served.

Yes, there is a spa thermal area.   I do not know the current cost.

Casual Dining would be Alfredos.  It used to be included no-charge...  but that just changed.

If you have a PLUS package, you get two visits included.

There is also the Asian sushi venue.  Ocean Terrace.

Specialty dining would be Crown Grill Steakhouse  and Sabatini's Italian.

Princess has changed up and increased the costs for these extra dining venues... And I would be afraid that I would not be up to date and quote you the wrong rate!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Midship and lower deck is the best location for anyone who is sensitive to the ship movement.  Forward cabins get more noise from the ship crashing through waves and hear the anchor being dropped.  There is also more movement in forward cabins.  The aft cabins will sometimes hear the generators (the propellers are run by an electric motor) but are least susceptible to movement or waves crashing into the bow. 

Any outside cabin listed as obstructed means life boats hanging outside blocking some views.  We love port side since it makes it easier to remember where the cabin is located.  In some ports-of-call port side maybe close to the dock and other times the dock will be on the starboard side. BTW if you have trouble remembering which side is the port side just remember that port and left both have four letters.     

Posted (edited)

Everyone has cabin and location preferences. We always go for an aft balcony that has the deeper balcony. For example, we had an aft balcony on the Dolphin deck on the Sky last June.... Heaven

Edited by nini

I have a standard balcony M505 (BC mid aft) on the Regal, it is 250 sq ft compared to other standard balcony in the same category at 222 sq ft.

If you go to the ship’s deck plan, click on each cabin it will tell you the square ft of the cabin.  Cabins in the same category will have different square ft  depending on the cabin location.

I think Princess still has their free upgrade promo (upgrade in location not price).  I am paying for BF and have BC cabin with the free upgrade.

On 1/6/2024 at 8:42 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Look to book an Obstructed Balcony, on deck 8  ( Emerald Deck )

Look for the ones that are at the mid-ship center bump out area.

The only 'obstruction' is just the public deck area below.  

Most of these have angled balconies that give you a little extra balcony space as well.

Standard Balcony cabins E414-E436 on PORT side. E415-E437 STARBOARD.

Assuming you are traveling as one or two guests...  the system might not let you book the 

Deluxe Balcony cabins, slightly bigger with a little love-seat.  

These would be E404 - E412 PORT...  E403 - E411 STARBOARD

Notice that CROONERS is just below on the Port side.  Might be able to hear that until they shut down for the night.

We love the REGAL!!!

Take advantage of the Adult Pool area...  You might not be able to find availability in the Sanctuary, as those with early priority boarding will be able to reserve first...  upon boarding.  First come first served.

Yes, there is a spa thermal area.   I do not know the current cost.

Casual Dining would be Alfredos.  It used to be included no-charge...  but that just changed.

If you have a PLUS package, you get two visits included.

There is also the Asian sushi venue.  Ocean Terrace.

Specialty dining would be Crown Grill Steakhouse  and Sabatini's Italian.

Princess has changed up and increased the costs for these extra dining venues... And I would be afraid that I would not be up to date and quote you the wrong rate!

Great information!