Snorkel with Turtles/Shipwreck on Your Own

joyandjerry

Jerry and I are going March 28, and have done a tour of the island on a previous visit. Does anyone have experience with snorkeling on your own, ship's excursion (RCCL), or other private tours for this? We are interested in the turtles and the shipwreck. TIA.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, joyandjerry said:

Jerry and I are going March 28, and have done a tour of the island on a previous visit. Does anyone have experience with snorkeling on your own, ship's excursion (RCCL), or other private tours for this? We are interested in the turtles and the shipwreck. TIA.

Best recommendations.  Select from these three.

Silver Moon - https://silvermoonbarbados.com

Elegance - https://www.elegancebarbados.com

Calypso - https://calypsocruisesbarbados.com

Check operators start times with one’s ship docking times

Enjoy

Book early as space is limited and very popular with island vacationers.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Book early
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, whee-sailing said:

It's easy and inexpensive to take a taxi to Brownes Beach and snorkel with the turtles and around the shipwreck on your own.

If not wishing to pay a $5 ew shared cab fee and rent beds, then do it for free.  Walk 35/40 minutes there, don’t rent beds, use “Towels” and bring food/drink browsed from ship’s buffet, all wrapped in a napkin. Walk back.  Many do this.

1 hour ago, whee-sailing said:

It's easy and inexpensive to take a taxi to Brownes Beach and snorkel with the turtles and around the shipwreck on your own.

That is incerdibly helpful - cruisers are the best! Just the info that I needed.

17 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

If not wishing to pay a $5 ew shared cab fee and rent beds, then do it for free.  Walk 35/40 minutes there, don’t rent beds, use “Towels” and bring food/drink browsed from ship’s buffet, all wrapped in a napkin. Walk back.  Many do this.

Thanks for the reply - not sure what the "ew' meant. We do try to do things on our own to be on our own schedule. Jerry and I always pack some protein bars for a meal. It saves money and time. One is not to bring unsealed food from the ship, as other countries are concerned with possible contamination (bugs, etc.) from food. If it is found or in areas with dogssniffing the pax, you will be forced to discard it. I have seen it happen.

Joy

2 minutes ago, joyandjerry said:

That is incerdibly helpful - cruisers are the best! Just the info that I needed.

Thanks for the reply - not sure what the "ew' meant. We do try to do things on our own to be on our own schedule. Jerry and I always pack some protein bars for a meal. It saves money and time. One is not to bring unsealed food from the ship, as other countries are concerned with possible contamination (bugs, etc.) from food. If it is found or in areas with dogssniffing the pax, you will be forced to discard it. I have seen it happen.

Joy

ew = each way.

Don’t forget “Towels” 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

The fact that I answered someone's question on how to get to an excursion snorkeling spot on their own doesn't mean that I was suggesting they don't spend money locally. There is a big middle ground between the luxury experiences you prefer and what you derogatorily call terds.

• Like 1

The fact that I answered someone's question on how to get to an excursion snorkeling spot on their own doesn't mean that I was suggesting they don't spend money locally. There is a big middle ground between the luxury experiences you prefer and what you derogatorily call terds.

Apologies for not understanding this reply, as everyone is just so friendly and helpful here. I must have missed the "derogatory" post. The only "terd" I could find was an acronym for a computer system.

Glad I am not the only one who finds that poster's frequent derisive comments about cruisers unnecessary and not at all humorous.

I have had him/her blocked for years, but still see the posts sometimes when quoted. 

@whee-sailing, don't bother asking.

Poster has mean spirited little descriptions of cruise guests called towels and terds, and is happy to repeat them.  Best to ignore him/her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Do Silver Moon. We did the XL adult with them on March 6th and it was outstanding.  When you see the huge crowds at the shipwreck and the boats they pulled up in you will appreciate the experience that much more.  The service, food, drinks are all first class.

DO SILVER MOON!!

• Thanks 2