LIVE MLK cruise on Freedom to Amber Cove & Grand Turk w/ ninjacat123 and family!!

This seems like a much more civilized, cultural cruise thread option as opposed to those crazy threads by Megan and Sid. Just kiddin' Ninjacat-just spreading the loveimage.png.791ca51418047689d16384672f72f85f.png

Edited by Stallion
  • Haha 14

14 minutes ago, Stallion said:

This seems like a much more civilized, cultural cruise thread option as opposed to those crazy threads by Megan and Sid. Just kiddin' Ninjacat-just spreading the loveimage.png.791ca51418047689d16384672f72f85f.png

Thanks Stallion! Is that the Queen Mary? I’m thinking my cruise might be more like this😉IMG_4600.jpeg.235347559566494ab142df030925dccb.jpeg

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Haha 19

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Hard to believe you have never sailed on Freedom!  Happy to have you here Jimbo!!😸

Couple of missed attempts, go figure.  Enjoy her double for me.  Still on our list. Following qlong will work till then

• Like 3

Unfortunately I used the infamous "Oh Behave!" video yeaterday on the Tribe thread about Saint Gregg's going back to his truck at work to grab his nuts . So I had to find something new for you:

image.png.4eb100e4fe9ef9ef4cbb9b079cdc8a49.png

• Haha 6

10 hours ago, Stallion said:

Unfortunately I used the infamous "Oh Behave!" video yeaterday on the Tribe thread about Saint Gregg's going back to his truck at work to grab his nuts . So I had to find something new for you:

image.png.4eb100e4fe9ef9ef4cbb9b079cdc8a49.png

Shagadelic!!🤣

• Haha 3

Started my morning buying trip insurance from GeoBlue.  Anyone else do this? I have been getting trip insurance for any international trip for at least ten years.  Never filed a claim but you know if I didn't get it, something would happen.  🤷‍♀️

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 11

9 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Started my morning buying trip insurance from GeoBlue.  Anyone else do this? I have been getting trip insurance for any international trip for at least ten years.  Never filed a claim but you know if I didn't get it, something would happen.  🤷‍♀️

So funny, I started my morning by renewing our Allianz trip insurance, been buying it for the last 3-4 years, do yearly option, great minds!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, cellfree said:

So funny, I started my morning by renewing our Allianz trip insurance, been buying it for the last 3-4 years, do yearly option, great minds!

I think when it's just me and Craig traveling more often than not (and it's progressively becoming more often) I'll get a yearly option as well. 👍

• Like 1

I just purchased trip insurance for the Sunshine trip for me, my girls, and the grandchildren.  I did not do so when we booked the cruise because I was not sure we would go.  Realized that we had no insurance when getting ready to make final payment.   Unfortunately, because I did not purchase at initial payment, we will not be covered should a pre-existing ailment raises it's ugly head.  DH and I always purchase at initial booking to cover PEC.   We have purhcased trip insurance for most of our cruises.  The first few, we did not (that's when we were young and stupid.)  Two years before Covid hit, we purchased a yearly policy that took us up to the stop of traveling.  We were taking several trips a year at that point.  We should look into that again, but already have individual policies for the next two cruises after the Sunshine trip.   

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

I just purchased trip insurance for the Sunshine trip for me, my girls, and the grandchildren.  I did not do so when we booked the cruise because I was not sure we would go.  Realized that we had no insurance when getting ready to make final payment.   Unfortunately, because I did not purchase at initial payment, we will not be covered should a pre-existing ailment raises it's ugly head.  DH and I always purchase at initial booking to cover PEC.   We have purhcased trip insurance for most of our cruises.  The first few, we did not (that's when we were young and stupid.)  Two years before Covid hit, we purchased a yearly policy that took us up to the stop of traveling.  We were taking several trips a year at that point.  We should look into that again, but already have individual policies for the next two cruises after the Sunshine trip.   

Hi Iamthesea!! I hope no PEC issues occur on your Sunshine cruise.  I like the "young and stupid" comment.  I lived in NYC for over two years when I was "young, poor and single" (my catchphrase) which I probably should have added "stupid" to that as well!🤣 Oh well, at least it was before the Internet😉

😁  Your NYC story reminds me of when my teenage daughter was approached by a talent scout for modeling.  Thank goodness that I was with DD at the time.  The scout wanted my daughter to fly to NYC to meet the head of a modeling agent. 🙄  She kept whooing my her with thoughts of stardom, fun, and money.  Once we were alone, I had a face to face with DD.  I told her that there was absolutely no way her dad and I were going to let her live in NYC, IF she was even considered by this agency.  We talked about the dangers of a single young women living there, the cost of living, and the size of affordable living conditions for her.  That pretty much did it for her. 😂

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

😁  Your NYC story reminds me of when my teenage daughter was approached by a talent scout for modeling.  Thank goodness that I was with DD at the time.  The scout wanted my daughter to fly to NYC to meet the head of a modeling agent. 🙄  She kept whooing my her with thoughts of stardom, fun, and money.  Once we were alone, I had a face to face with DD.  I told her that there was absolutely no way her dad and I were going to let her live in NYC, IF she was even considered by this agency.  We talked about the dangers of a single young women living there, the cost of living, and the size of affordable living conditions for her.  That pretty much did it for her. 😂

I was fortunate that my younger sister moved with me from Oregon. We had a studio apartment at 66th between 1st and 2nd Ave. We paid $550 per month for this palace. It was an experience.😁

• Like 3

Good morning!!  Today is get ready day, picking up last minute things like champagne (embarkation), kitty food (4 cats eat a lot😸), dog breath improver (the cats have been complaining😾) and stuff for my mom. We are thinking we will take off for Port Canaveral tomorrow around 8am.  Maybe 7:30.  Probably 8am. Eight hours driving south, woo hoo!  We will put the car on autopilot and be there before we know it😉

autopilot.gif.33d889cb6e21e74fec9faacf4bc03739.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

"dog breath improver"

If you haven't already had that breath checked out, better see a vet.  My dog had horrible breath, so when she went in for her yearly, I asked the vet about it.  The vet said it had been 3 years since her last teeth cleaning.  We scheduled an appointment for December.  I was shocked that she had to have 9 teeth pulled!!!   Five were right up front (she had one middle upper that was fine.)  Talking about a snaggle tooth smile!!! 😁 The other were somewhere in the back of the mouth.  None affect her chewing, and apparently this is normal for her breed (a Snorkie.) Her breath has improved, but they can still get stinky breath from their food.

• Like 1