Yokohama Cruise Port - Airport Transfers

Canada17

Exploring options getting to Narita Airport when we disembark Celebrity Millennium in Yokohama. We arrive early (3:30am according to our itinerary) and our flights back to North America are around 5:30pm, so we have lots of time. We have looked at Japan Taxi, but wondering if Celebrity has airport transfer to Narita and what is the cost. 

Posted (edited)

Not sure what dates you are sailing but our May cruise is showing an arrival time of 0830 in Yokohama for our return.  I am not seeing any airport transfers in our Shore Excursion list but i am seeing an Airport to ship on our day of arrival which could simply be an error on Celebrity's part.  However, the cost seems unreasonable, even for a private car.  

I have not experience with this company but if you use Google to search, I am showing multiple options for transportation from the ship to the airport.  Here is an example. 

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Port-of-Yokohama/Tokyo-Narita-Airport-NRT#:~:text=Airport (NRT)%3F-,The best way to get from Port of Yokohama to,7000 and takes 2h 19m.

Edited by DaKahuna

Although they may say that the ship arrives at 3:00 AM disembarkation will not begin until approximately 7:00 AM -   They will do the normal disembarkation with walk off first.   Last call is usually about 9:00 AM.

I don't recall them having airport shuttle but wouldn't be surprised if they do.    Usually when you are paying for a Shuttle per person it is more expensive than if you arranged private transport.

On our last cruise cruise to a Japan was a B2B so we had time to explore options on the turn around day.    We found that the best for us was Yokohama First Class Bus Service.cab

https://hnd-bus.com/airport/n-yokohama/

We grabbed a cab at the Yokohama Cruise Terminal to YCAT (Yokohama City Air Terminal)  The terminal is a medium size room with a separate entrance in the Yokohama Rail Terminal.    They have busses called Airport Limousines  about every half hour to all of the airports.   The busses are really nice and even have wifi.    They drop you right at the door of each terminal.   Very relaxed and comfortable way to make the connection.    You can book in advance and they have a Senior Fare for those 65+  2,200 (about $15) yen vs 3,700 yen

41 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Not sure what dates you are sailing but our May cruise is showing an arrival time of 0830 in Yokohama for our return.  I am not seeing any airport transfers in our Shore Excursion list but i am seeing an Airport to ship on our day of arrival which could simply be an error on Celebrity's part.  However, the cost seems unreasonable, even for a private car.  

I have not experience with this company but if you use Google to search, I am showing multiple options for transportation from the ship to the airport.  Here is an example. 

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Port-of-Yokohama/Tokyo-Narita-Airport-NRT#:~:text=Airport (NRT)%3F-,The best way to get from Port of Yokohama to,7000 and takes 2h 19m.

Our cruise is in October, just doing some advance planning. I was surprised at the noted 3:30am arrival, but it could be a typo. Regardless, we have plenty of time even if we disembark around 9am which is usually when they want all passengers off. Thank you for your response.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Although they may say that the ship arrives at 3:00 AM disembarkation will not begin until approximately 7:00 AM -   They will do the normal disembarkation with walk off first.   Last call is usually about 9:00 AM.

I don't recall them having airport shuttle but wouldn't be surprised if they do.    Usually when you are paying for a Shuttle per person it is more expensive than if you arranged private transport.

On our last cruise cruise to a Japan was a B2B so we had time to explore options on the turn around day.    We found that the best for us was Yokohama First Class Bus Service.cab

https://hnd-bus.com/airport/n-yokohama/

We grabbed a cab at the Yokohama Cruise Terminal to YCAT (Yokohama City Air Terminal)  The terminal is a medium size room with a separate entrance in the Yokohama Rail Terminal.    They have busses called Airport Limousines  about every half hour to all of the airports.   The busses are really nice and even have wifi.    They drop you right at the door of each terminal.   Very relaxed and comfortable way to make the connection.    You can book in advance and they have a Senior Fare for those 65+  2,200 (about $15) yen vs 3,700 yen

Thanks Jim_Iain, you guys are fantastic, love all genuine response to all Cruise Critic members. We did get a quote of $260US for a van pickup for 4 from Japan Taxi, but we did notice the YCAT-Bus Terminal option that you noted and we were leaning towards this option, glad you provided approximate pricing. On our last Japan Cruise in 2018, we used Japan metro system from our hotel in Tokyo to Yokohama, super easy. We disembarked in Shanghai on that cruise. This will be the first time we disembark in Yokohama to fly home. Do you recall the cost of the taxi from port to YCAT and do they have taxis that can transport 4 passengers? Thank you.

• Like 1

The airport shuttle is on the website. Just login, navigate to "Manage Vacation" then "Flights and More". It doesn't show the price until you enter your flight info. The excursion page shows:image.thumb.png.beaf730e28b938d63f0e5d73740e327e.png 

Posted (edited)

We were on the same B2B as were Jim_Iain, but stayed in Tokyo for five days after leaving the ship.  From our Shinjuku hotel we used the Airport Limousine Bus company to transfer to Narita.  Wonder if they pick up from the Yokohama cruise terminal?  In any event, we were pleased.

Edited by Northern Aurora
typo

Celebrity did have an excursion sale a couple weeks ago and we were able to book a trip to Narita airport along with and a half day tour of Tokyo for 40% off.  We also have an evening flight back to USA!

21 hours ago, Canada17 said:

Thanks Jim_Iain, you guys are fantastic, love all genuine response to all Cruise Critic members. We did get a quote of $260US for a van pickup for 4 from Japan Taxi, but we did notice the YCAT-Bus Terminal option that you noted and we were leaning towards this option, glad you provided approximate pricing. On our last Japan Cruise in 2018, we used Japan metro system from our hotel in Tokyo to Yokohama, super easy. We disembarked in Shanghai on that cruise. This will be the first time we disembark in Yokohama to fly home. Do you recall the cost of the taxi from port to YCAT and do they have taxis that can transport 4 passengers? Thank you.

If I recall correctly when you check in at the YCat terminal they tag your bags for the terminal and you just give them to a porter.     When the bus arrive at the terminal there are 5 or 6 baggage handlers curbside with white gloves on.    They bow to the bus when it arrives and then unload the bags where you retrieve for Airline Checkin.  

Since we had an extra day in Yokohama we had actually walked down to the Terminal and checked out so we knew where things were laid out.   They really have it well planned.  Not like US Bus/Train stations.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

If I recall correctly when you check in at the YCat terminal they tag your bags for the terminal and you just give them to a porter.     When the bus arrive at the terminal there are 5 or 6 baggage handlers curbside with white gloves on.    They bow to the bus when it arrives and then unload the bags where you retrieve for Airline Checkin.  

Since we had an extra day in Yokohama we had actually walked down to the Terminal and checked out so we knew where things were laid out.   They really have it well planned.  Not like US Bus/Train stations.

Jim,

Your guidance and advice is, as always, spot on!

The buses running from YCAT, or Tokyo Central, to Narita are extremely efficient, organized, safe and cost effective. Our bus from Tokyo Central Station to Narita this past September cost 1300 Yen per person, or approximately $10 USD.

And yes, the baggage handlers do bow when the bus arrives and departs 🙂. Ya gotta love Japan!

• Like 1

When we lived in Japan us Americans use to kid that we could set our watches by the bus and train arrivals and departures.  They were always on time with the posted schedule.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi New to Cruise Critic,

We will be taking the Millennium in Sept 2024. Out first venture to Japan. We are planning on staying in the Ginza district. I researched and found that the Limousine Bus will pick us up at Narita and drop us off at another hotel close to ours. Seems very straight forward. Should I book this in advance? We will have a few days in Tokyo prior. Wondering if the Limousine Bus would take us to the Yokohama cruise port from this nearby hotel. Taxis seem so expensive. I have sent an email to them but rec'd no reply.  

All thoughts/suggestions are welcome.

I find all these discussions so informative. 🙂

Many thanks

Taxi to Yokohama Station, then take the JR Narita Express train.  Most economical and quickest way.  or you could do taxi to Yokohama Station and take the YCAT bus to Narita.  The cruise terminal in Yokohama is not remotely close to Narita or downtown Tokyo, so as most are seeing/saying, taxis are incredibly expensive and not really the best option.  Our train system is second to none, remarkably easy to use, and cheap.

• Thanks 1

We left the Millennium this morning after B2B cruises.  When we arrived at Haneda several weeks ago we took a taxi to our Yokohama hotel.  We really did not find it to be unreasonable in cost.

This morning our taxi from the cruise terminal to our Haneda hotel was 10,000 yen.  Celebrity did indeed offer shuttles, but we realized that the shuttle costs (given current exchange rates) for two were more than a taxi.  I do not remember the actual cost, but think it was around $50per person.  And my husband hates those bus transfers.

The Celebrity transfers were to Narita Terminal 1 for flights after 1:00 pm, to Narita Terminal 2 for flights after 1 pm, and to Haneda for flights after noon.

On the March 28 cruise we docked at Yokohama at 6 am.  We were a little later this morning as we had Medical emergency at 7 pm the day we left Aomori.  We started to return to Aomori and were met by a Japan Coast Guard vessel.  Seas were rough (the seasickness bags were out in abundance) and it’s took over an hour with heavy swells and in the dark to transfer the person.  

• Thanks 2

Northern Aurora -- would appreciate your response to several questions as we would like to make an early (11:30 am) flight back to the states -- we are scheduled to arrive at 6:30 am and would walk off carrying our own luggage.

(1)  How long did it take to go through customs?

(2)  Were taxis readily available from the port?  How long did it take to get to Haneda?

(3)  Long lines for security?

Thanks for your response

thanks everyone. Helpful insight.

Hope you had an amazing cruise. Any suggestions re once on board from your experience - what is great what isn't. Or what to avoid etc. We were on the Equinox in Feb. It went well and we enjoyed it.  This will be our second Celebrity cruise, in the past we have been mainly with Princess.

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/21/2024 at 6:45 AM, mfabz said:

Northern Aurora -- would appreciate your response to several questions as we would like to make an early (11:30 am) flight back to the states -- we are scheduled to arrive at 6:30 am and would walk off carrying our own luggage.

(1)  How long did it take to go through customs?

(2)  Were taxis readily available from the port?  How long did it take to get to Haneda?

(3)  Long lines for security?

Thanks for your response

I didn't see this question at the time, so sorry about the delayed response.

We were one of the last to leave the ship and so there are lines to go through customs.  But I am guessing maybe ten minutes at the most.

Lots of taxis were available -- in different sizes.  It took us about35 minutes to drive from the Osanbashi terminal to Haneda.

Regarding your third question -- do you mean security at the airport?  The Haneda airport is well planned and organized.  Took longer to take the shoes off and so forth then actually king through security.  Much faster than many US airports.

• Haha 1