Getting To Port Of Galveston From Houston Hobby Airport

We arrive 2 days before our April 21, 2024 cruise on Harmony and will be leaving 2 days after disembarking.  I was planning on using one-way rental cars, but none of the agencies are open in Galveston on Sundays so I can't drop off or pick up when disembarking.  Also, they close at Noon on Saturdays. 🙄  Now I'm looking at shuttles or Uber.  40 miles is quite a haul for an Uber. Has anyone done it that way?  What did it cost?  I called https://galvestonlimo.com/airport-shuttle/  They said they will drop us at our hotel in Galveston.  Can anyone offer thoughts on how that would work out?  Price seems very reasonable.   Thanks all.        

Before Lyft and Uber were allowed, we used Galveston Limo both ways. It worked out very well. We stayed on the seawall at the Hilton, so we could walk to the grocery store and several restaurants. 

• Thanks 1

Book Lyft or Uber ahead of time to avoid any surge pricing going down. Then use one of the shuttle companies back to airport. Lyft and Ubers can be REAL tough to get coming back, even if booked ahead of time because the drivers don't accept the jobs from those who book ahead because they know they'll make double from those who didn't due to surge pricing. I know some have had good luck, but have heard MANY nightmares from those got stuck.