Icon pricing /promos

We are looking at icon sailing for the beginning of summer 2025 (first week of June) 

2 adults, 2 kids in a junior suite

current promotion is 60% off second/third/fourth guests. 

we have never tried sailing on a brand new ship before so I’m not sure of pricing trends.  

since it’s summer, there’s likely not going to be any “kids sail free” promos

currently, for junior suites, the back of the ship and middle of the ship is all sold out. 

Would I be wise to just book it now? 

I usually go through *****, so if I cancel and rebook later, I probably just have to pay their “administrative fees” ($300?) which is relative peanuts for a $10-12k total fare……. 

I’m going on a cruise in 6 weeks, so I could book it before I leave the ship … but I may lose the 60% off each additional guest. 

Ignore the 60% wording. Just pay attention to the final price. How they word the "new" sale that starts every few days means nothing.

Any Icon price right now is likely going to be pretty terrible. Icon is horribly inflated.

11 minutes ago, Dktrpanda said:

We are looking at icon sailing for the beginning of summer 2025 (first week of June) 

2 adults, 2 kids in a junior suite

current promotion is 60% off second/third/fourth guests. 

we have never tried sailing on a brand new ship before so I’m not sure of pricing trends.  

since it’s summer, there’s likely not going to be any “kids sail free” promos

currently, for junior suites, the back of the ship and middle of the ship is all sold out. 

Would I be wise to just book it now? 

I usually go through *****, so if I cancel and rebook later, I probably just have to pay their “administrative fees” ($300?) which is relative peanuts for a $10-12k total fare……. 

I’m going on a cruise in 6 weeks, so I could book it before I leave the ship … but I may lose the 60% off each additional guest. 

There are plenty of TA's out there that do not charge Admin fees...time to find a new TA.

Royal will allow you to reprice your booking before final payment so your better off booking early as the price will likely just keep going up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The second Icon class ship, Star of the Seas, is due out summer 2025.  She might arrive later than your timeframe (June), but if people want the new ship, Icon's rates might fall a little.  I'd book now, watch prices, and jump if rates fall.

1 hour ago, Dktrpanda said:

Never use a travel agent who charges the traveler... that's travel agent 101. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dktrpanda said:

Who/which website do you like to use? 

Not a website. A particular person with group rates for insides and balconys. Not sure what he can do on a JS. I'd love to book a JS but the no refundable stops me. Maybe a last minute JS but I'm scared to book way far out no refundable...so balcony the best group rates he has.

We got a group rate for a balcony on Icon for about 3k June 2024.  They are out there.  As someone said on another thread, those group rates were set during pandemic, so her new group rates for 2025 are much closer to the regular Royal rates.  We saved over 50% with the group rates.  Get em before they are gone