New Princess App - "Locate Friends" feature?

On Medallion-Class ships, the OLD app has/had the ability to locate friends/family on a map.  For those who have recently sailed, does the NEW app have the same feature?  (Can't tell by looking at the app from my living room - sailing soon...)

Under the Explore the Ship area choose Shipmates, the the icon to add people in the upper right, then search by name.  If they are already in your travel party they are listed under their and you may toggle them off and on.

IMG_1919.jpeg

IMG_1920.jpeg

IMG_1921.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BabsinTX said:

I have the new app but it doesn't show anything about "Shipmates".  

I think it is now on onboard feature with the new app.  You won’t see it before.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, reps23 said:

So then works only onboard as it doesn’t show up on new app.

Yes, see post #7. Once on board when u open Explore the ship, you will see manage shipmates.

37 minutes ago, charliedalrymple said:

We just had it on Majestic.  However, it seemed to freeze or not respond about a third of the time.

Did the same ‘freeze’ happen if you used one of the portals isstrad of your personal device?

2 hours ago, wallyj said:

Did the same ‘freeze’ happen if you used one of the portals isstrad of your personal device?

We never tried on the portals.  I would also note that there seems to be a time lag of a few minutes, which means you can go looking for someone according to the app but they have already moved on.  (That was particularly an issue in the buffet.)

Edited by charliedalrymple

On 1/14/2024 at 9:52 PM, charliedalrymple said:

We never tried on the portals.  I would also note that there seems to be a time lag of a few minutes, which means you can go looking for someone according to the app but they have already moved on.  (That was particularly an issue in the buffet.)

On occasion when you look for someone who is off the ship it will give misinformation as to where they are. It will consistently show that they're at a last known location when they're actually off the ship.

This is also true when they're using an elevator until they arrive at once again at a sensor. 

On 1/17/2024 at 1:49 AM, mattR said:

Do the "guests" have to give permission for you to track them?  Just thinking some of our group won't be using the app themselves?

Yes, when you send a request to Shipmates they can allow permission to be located, and you also can provide them permission to locate you.

• Like 1