Cruiser Formerly Known As Cheapo Dad's Trip Report on Odyssey of the Seas Sailing to A Minus B Plus C Plus H Islands

Thanks, Harry! We will be sailing Odyssey on the TA next month, so I particularly enjoyed your sharing of photos around the ship, and since we will walk off with luggage in Italy, now I know we will plan to grab one more breakfast at Cafe 270° before departing. 🙂

Hi Harry,

You have a lovely family! Thank you so much for your terrific report. I’m a little sad that it is over 😐. But…I will now look forward to your Carnival Jubilee report. 

We will be sailing on Odyssey of the Seas from Bayonne in January 2025. It is a 12 nighter to San Juan, St Thomas, St John, Barbados, St Lucia, and St Maarten. We have been to this ports in the past, but still enjoy them. As a bonus, no flying required. 

I hope you enjoy your New York City trip!

Pat

On 3/10/2024 at 6:22 PM, h20skibum said:

Another fantastic report, as always Harry.  I will be looking for your next installment next January.  By then, I may have two more lives under my belt.  One will be a family one, when we take all our grandkids on Utopia, along with my daughter and her husband. That will be a different type of cruise for us, having young kids along. Then, we extend our Florida time to take our California grandson to Disney parks for a week.  Lots more planning to do for Disney, so I may tag you for a few tips.

Second live will be the new Sun Princess which we are on the first sailing after new year. Hopefully their disastrous launch will be far in the rear view mirror by then.

Have a great time on your NYC vacation with the family.

Mark,

Thanks for the compliment.  Very nice to be cruising with the whole family on the new Utopia ship.  You might be visiting the uncle in prison on this cruise in order to get a photo of the whole gang boarding the ship.

What happened with the Princess Cruise?  Things didn’t go smoothly?

Yeah, Disneyworld planning is different beast.  With 4 theme parks miles apart, it takes a lot more effort to plan events than a cruise ship experience.

We haven’t been to WDW since 2018 since not sure I’m the right person to provide advice as my info is outdated post pandemic. 

Here is my spreadsheet schedule from that viist so at least you have an idea on what we did (see screenshot below as well as Excel attachment).  Back then, they had the Fastpass concept so I coded the Fastpass time slots but now they have a new ride queue system.

image.thumb.png.cc0b88f0b98df432653cd5b82900b132.png

We stayed on site using the meal plan so you wil see all the WDW resturants.  If they have the meal plan discounts during your visit, it may be worth looking into.

For overall general WDW info, All Ears is the authortaive web site that has just about everything WDW covered, up to the cost of menu at every location:

https://allears.net/

Another good source of WDW info is Disney Tourist Blog as it as regular updates on upcoming sales:

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/

If you are really anal about maximizing your stay to squeeze in as many rides as possible, consider subscribing to the Touring Plans site.  For a $25/year subscription, you have access to their database on the rides such that you put in your start/end time at each park and select the rides/meal time and the software/App will generate a touring plan for you with etsaimtes on how much time you will spend in line for each ride based on the attendance level for that day.

With the App, you can add or delet any ride during the day you are at the park and the software will autimastcialy recallcaute on where you should go next to either minimize walking or minimize wait time. They also have users of the App drop info when they are in line in the App so you can see what the real time wait time is.

I have used them both for Disneyworld and Disneyland. Very useful for the super anal 9+ scale people.

https://touringplans.com/

WDW 2018.5.2.xlsx

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NHProud said:

Thank you for putting together this wonderful review of your Christmas cruise.   Always a pleasure tagging along with you and your family.  

New York City is one of my favorite places and I wish we could read about your visit there.  

Thanks for the kind words and for reading another installment.

I haven’t thought about sharing the upcoming NYC trip pictures until now as I didn’t think cruisers on CC cared to read about a land vacation.  But with Mark inquiring about it earlier and now you, maybe I will come back to this thread after the NYC trip and share some info afterward if anyone is interested in reading about it.  

Since the Odyssey is moving up to New Jersey for the Fall/Winter, some cruisers will spend some time in NYC pre and post-cruise.  As such, perhaps my NYC info might be useful to someone if they are reading this report for the Odyssey info?

I guess you can just “follow” this thread if you haven’t done so and when I upload the NYC info sometime in mid August, you will be notified and come back here and read about me complaining about the heat and humidity of the East Coast.

I just did a quick search for cruise ships leaving the NY/NJ area during the week we will be in town and I see the Liberty of the Seas will be in NJ as well as various Carnival/MSC/NCL ships will be in NY so we might catch one of the cruise ships in port while we are there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, pretty princess said:

Thank you for putting together this wonderful review. I always enjoy them and your pictures. Enjoy your trip to NYC!

Thank you for your kind words.

NYC will be interesting.  We may love or dislike the city but I don’t think we will be bored with all the stuff happening in the area.  It'll be a question of what to leave out versus being bored with nothing to see or do.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, JamesEM said:

Great job with your trip report and photos, please stop by and remind us when you sail in December so we can follow along.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for following along in reading another installment.

I guess I can come back to this thread after I have started the Carnival trip review next January and provide a link to the new trip report if anyone is interested in reading about a Carnival cruise. 

We haven’t sailed with Carnival in 10+ years so it’ll be some adjustments on how they do things differently compared to RCI.  Not to mention it'll be a brand new class of ship for us as well as having an extended set of family/relatives (11 in total) so it's going to be exciting/hectic the same time.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, perfect match said:

Harry, thank you very much for another awesome trip report! I really appreciate that you and your family are willing to tale us along with you on your vacation. 

When I read the paragraphs I quoted above all I could think was how true your words are. The memories that we make with those close to us are so very precious. DH and I value our memories as much as you do yours. 

Speaking of memories we really enjoyed Cirque du Soleil Bazzar! Every performer in every segment of the show was excellent, the costumes and music were pure Cirque du Soleil magic. Since you’ve wrapped up your review, I’ll leave you with a few pictures. 

IMG_2206.jpeg

IMG_2216.jpeg

IMG_2228.jpeg

IMG_2218.jpeg

IMG_2212.jpeg

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for the compliments and providing all the feedback for this and the previous trip report.

You have a couple of Oasis-class ships in your immediate horizon so have a wonderful time on both ships.

Cirque shows seldom disappoint. The songs/costumes/acrobatics are always outstanding.  Thanks for sharing.

You guys got great seats.  We got the cheaper seats in the back rows for Corteo. 

20230826_162554.thumb.jpg.4903f47160ea3d8735211ce4c2979f3f.jpg

20230826_162713.thumb.jpg.d0107f311cdc3f2953480891f1806438.jpg

20230826_170137.thumb.jpg.229c3573e76687dcf4a1df93c6d5c30d.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, barbeyg said:

Thanks, Harry! We will be sailing Odyssey on the TA next month, so I particularly enjoyed your sharing of photos around the ship, and since we will walk off with luggage in Italy, now I know we will plan to grab one more breakfast at Cafe 270° before departing. 🙂

Glad you found the info helpful on the Odyssey.

Remember to reserve “The Book” beforehand and sign up for whatever rides you want right after boarding.

Yeah, be sure to grab that early breakfast before getting off the ship since they should be opened at 6 AM. 

Have a wonderful cruise.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, loug1601 said:

Hi Harry,

You have a lovely family! Thank you so much for your terrific report. I’m a little sad that it is over 😐. But…I will now look forward to your Carnival Jubilee report. 

We will be sailing on Odyssey of the Seas from Bayonne in January 2025. It is a 12 nighter to San Juan, St Thomas, St John, Barbados, St Lucia, and St Maarten. We have been to this ports in the past, but still enjoy them. As a bonus, no flying required. 

I hope you enjoy your New York City trip!

Pat

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the kind words. 

There’s an old Chinese saying, there’s no banquet in the world that never ends.  This trip report has to end so I can spend the time and effort to plan for my future trips to NYC and the next cruise.

Hopefully, as long as we are all in decent health, there will be more trip reports to share down the road -  be it land or cruise vacations.

We still have to go on a European cruise as well as go back on another Oasis-class ship somewhere in the future.  Icon is too expensive for cheap folks like me for now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@harryfat1 I’m not one to give advice to the expert here but I’m wondering what kind of accommodation you have planned for NYC.  My friend rented an AirBnB in Brooklyn and took the subway into Manhattan.  My nephew lives in CT and takes the train to work in Manhattan. That must be so time consuming however his wife works in CT and CT is cheaper. My friend walked a lot , ate in ethnic restaurants and spent lots of time people watching in parks.  

I think you mentioned architecture so you might want to look up the Cloisters ,  St John the Divine as well as the usual attractions. St John the Divine charged an admission charge if not attending a service which reminds me of Monaco where we were told we could not enter because a mass was being celebrated at the time . I told him in French to let us enter. 

Edited by NHProud

8 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

What happened with the Princess Cruise?  Things didn’t go smoothly?

Yeah Harry, a few hiccups on the launch of the Sun.  They are doing the initial sailings in Europe, before bringing it to Ft. Lauderdale this fall.  The inaugural cruise was to be a 10 day sailing on February 8th.  Princess cancelled it with 10 days notice and said the second sailing on the 18th would be the new inaugural.   They cancelled the 10 day sailing of the 18th, giving passengers only a 4 day notice.   The problem was, many were flying to Europe and had quite a few non-refundable items like hotels, airfare, etc.

So the third cruise, which was now the new inaugural set sail on the 28th, and many of the venues on the ship were still under construction during that sailing.  They had some issues with leaking pipes that flooded one of the decks, so things were not going smoothly for that sailing.  They are now on the next sailing, and some of the kinks are slowly getting worked out.  They still have some venues that are incomplete, and it has been reported that some may not be available until April.

I am sure this is not the launch that Princess had hoped for, and there were lots of comparisons to how smooth the Icon launch was.   Sun looks like a nice ship, and the new Sphere class is different than other Princess ships we have sailed.   It is about the size of Odyssey.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Very nice to be cruising with the whole family on the new Utopia ship.  You might be visiting the uncle in prison on this cruise in order to get a photo of the whole gang boarding the ship.

Yeah, Disneyworld planning is different beast.  With 4 theme parks miles apart, it takes a lot more effort to plan events than a cruise ship experience.

Hope you don’t mind I broke my comments into two separate posts.  We will definitely get a boarding day photo with everyone, although we will just use our free D+ photos to get our copies.  If you remember my December Live, we had Daryl the floating pool llama along with us.  He will also be with us on Utopia, and we had matching family t-shirts made with Daryl’s Crew for our boarding day picture.  The grandkids insist he must come along. 

IMG_9924.thumb.jpeg.dbc6f713becbc9052380b4b752d5feb6.jpeg

Thanks for your info on the Disney Parks.  I have found a few of those sites, and have been researching.  We are at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge for the week, and we do have the dining plan.  As luck would have it, they were giving it free if you were a Disney+ subscriber.   Since I have Disney+ as a perk of my phone plan, that was a good deal.

I have a list of the restaurants we want, but those can’t be booked till 60 days out now.  Park hours are released at 75 days, so I will have to see which ones have early access hours to plan what days to be at each park.

They now have lightning lanes and virtual queues for rides, instead of fast pass.  Now I have to figure how to get my watch synchronized to score a virtual queue in the ten seconds, or so, before they are gone for the day.

Have my list of rides for each park that we want to try to get, but it still looks like we will have lines to wait in.  From what I have read, I already think I prefer the way Universal was with their fast passes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Thank you for your kind words.

NYC will be interesting.  We may love or dislike the city but I don’t think we will be bored with all the stuff happening in the area.  It'll be a question of what to leave out versus being bored with nothing to see or do.

@harryfat1 maybe we will finally get to meet when you come to NYC.  Although I retired from my company here last year, I am doing consulting with the firm and come into the office on the east side 1 or 2 days a week.  Let me know when you're coming/ will be here and maybe we can meet up for bumper cars (oh, you're probably not going to be driving here) or a coffee.  LOL.  If you need any tips or advice before arriving, let me know and I'll be happy to help.  

a belated question if you happen to know, I'm looking at the activities for the Mar 23rd sailing and it looks like they almost never use the Royal Theater, it only shows one headliner  on day 3, a comdedian hypnotist, and one other activity but not any other shows, movies. I know you loved the Two70 but were you ever aware of offerings in the Royal Theater, other than port talks or bingo, or was it pretty much unused?  Its such a big venue to just sit idle.

3 minutes ago, T-2 said:

a belated question if you happen to know, I'm looking at the activities for the Mar 23rd sailing and it looks like they almost never use the Royal Theater, it only shows one headliner  on day 3, a comdedian hypnotist, and one other activity but not any other shows, movies. I know you loved the Two70 but were you ever aware of offerings in the Royal Theater, other than port talks or bingo, or was it pretty much unused?  Its such a big venue to just sit idle.

Effectors and Showgirls will be in the Royal Theater.

Thank you, they must wait until really close to sailing, to add those shows, thank you!!  I had been waiting to add 'The Book' until I could see what I would have to give up, Unfortunately now The Book is already all sold out so that's no longer a problem. 😆

19 hours ago, NHProud said:

@harryfat1 I’m not one to give advice to the expert here but I’m wondering what kind of accommodation you have planned for NYC.  My friend rented an AirBnB in Brooklyn and took the subway into Manhattan.  My nephew lives in CT and takes the train to work in Manhattan. That must be so time consuming however his wife works in CT and CT is cheaper. My friend walked a lot , ate in ethnic restaurants and spent lots of time people watching in parks.  

I think you mentioned architecture so you might want to look up the Cloisters ,  St John the Divine as well as the usual attractions. St John the Divine charged an admission charge if not attending a service which reminds me of Monaco where we were told we could not enter because a mass was being celebrated at the time . I told him in French to let us enter. 

I am looking at getting something in Midtown Manhattan.  It’s very expensive during the peak summer period but I wanted to minimize the commute time to/from other areas.

I want to stay inside the city so I can walk out of the hotel and see food carts and tons of people and hear the sound of police sirens at night from the hotel room to get the real feel of a big city.  I am a huge fan of the TV show, Law and Order, and that show displays NYC like no other show and I want to feel that vibe for a week when I’m there - well, minus the killings from the show...

YouTubers have recommended staying at Long Island and just taking the subway across so that might be an option as well.  I need to wait for another month after my boys' school schedule comes out before I can finalize my bookings for hotel and airfare.

The St. Patrick’s Cathedral in NYC is the one big church in Manhattan many people talked about. It’s just down the block from the Rockefeller Center.  It’s not as grand as the mega-churches in Europe but it will give my kids a preview of what Europe will look like as my wife and I have been to Paris and seen Notre Dame many years ago.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Yeah Harry, a few hiccups on the launch of the Sun.  They are doing the initial sailings in Europe, before bringing it to Ft. Lauderdale this fall.  The inaugural cruise was to be a 10 day sailing on February 8th.  Princess cancelled it with 10 days notice and said the second sailing on the 18th would be the new inaugural.   They cancelled the 10 day sailing of the 18th, giving passengers only a 4 day notice.   The problem was, many were flying to Europe and had quite a few non-refundable items like hotels, airfare, etc.

So the third cruise, which was now the new inaugural set sail on the 28th, and many of the venues on the ship were still under construction during that sailing.  They had some issues with leaking pipes that flooded one of the decks, so things were not going smoothly for that sailing.  They are now on the next sailing, and some of the kinks are slowly getting worked out.  They still have some venues that are incomplete, and it has been reported that some may not be available until April.

I am sure this is not the launch that Princess had hoped for, and there were lots of comparisons to how smooth the Icon launch was.   Sun looks like a nice ship, and the new Sphere class is different than other Princess ships we have sailed.   It is about the size of Odyssey.  

Wow, that’s rough to cancel on such short notice.

Yeah, I don’t think Princess Cruises has as much experience as RCI in rolling out new ships and being on time.  RCI had the Icon in Florida for a couple of weeks generating lots of media buzz for being the largest cruise ship before accepting passengers. Princess Cruises was either too aggressive in booking the inaugural cruise without much of a buffer for shipyard delays or the built job was incomplete.

We were originally supposed to be on the 4th ever Sea Princess sailing back in our honeymoon 25 years ago as it was a brand new ship coming out that year but the shipyard had a delay on that shipbuilt and Princess canceled our honeymoon cruise a few months prior and we had to scramble to sail with Celebrity Cruises instead. So I know firsthand what it feels like to have Princess cancel a new cruise on you.

It’s a good thing you are not sailing with them for a while for them to smooth a few things out.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, h20skibum said:

Hope you don’t mind I broke my comments into two separate posts.  We will definitely get a boarding day photo with everyone, although we will just use our free D+ photos to get our copies.  If you remember my December Live, we had Daryl the floating pool llama along with us.  He will also be with us on Utopia, and we had matching family t-shirts made with Daryl’s Crew for our boarding day picture.  The grandkids insist he must come along. 

IMG_9924.thumb.jpeg.dbc6f713becbc9052380b4b752d5feb6.jpeg

Thanks for your info on the Disney Parks.  I have found a few of those sites, and have been researching.  We are at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge for the week, and we do have the dining plan.  As luck would have it, they were giving it free if you were a Disney+ subscriber.   Since I have Disney+ as a perk of my phone plan, that was a good deal.

I have a list of the restaurants we want, but those can’t be booked till 60 days out now.  Park hours are released at 75 days, so I will have to see which ones have early access hours to plan what days to be at each park.

They now have lightning lanes and virtual queues for rides, instead of fast pass.  Now I have to figure how to get my watch synchronized to score a virtual queue in the ten seconds, or so, before they are gone for the day.

Have my list of rides for each park that we want to try to get, but it still looks like we will have lines to wait in.  From what I have read, I already think I prefer the way Universal was with their fast passes.

Yeah,it'll be good to visit the uncle in prison with the clan. The family uniform on boarding day picture will be priceless. 

I’m sure many of your readers will be looking forward to the return of Daryl.

As for Disney, yeah, we did the virtual queue thing at Disneyland in 2021 for the Rise of the Resistance.  Back then, you had to get to your phone app at 7 AM on the dot to fight for a spot. 

Here’s my watch time as I waited to try to log in just a few seconds before 7 AM and the screenshot of what the pass looks like after you get it.  If you have a “smartwatch” that you can buy online for less than $20, you can synchronize your watch time to your phone time so you know for sure you are on time.

Yeah, you must be 9+ on the anal scale to go to Disney parks.

00109856950220210826180500152.thumb.JPG.7c0e6780614ef1aad107c41a5d1a4010.JPG

00109856950220210826180500121.thumb.JPG.a599b7850cc0052ae6c6d90e5ea17689.JPG

Back in 2018, they opened up the restaurant reservations 180 days before so you have to think about where/when you will be eating 6 months from now while you are on vacation.  Takes anal planning to a new level.

As for Disney restaurants, we liked Ohana the best.  We were lucky enough to be seated right by the window to watch the fireworks

Speaking of Disney, not sure if I ever mentioned that one top item on my bucket list is to see all the Disney parks in the world in the order they were built.  We have obviously been to the ones in CA and FL and we went to the Tokyo Disneyland back in 2019. 

So the next one on the list is Disneyland in Paris.  Then Disneyland in Hong Kong and finally will end up in Dinsyeland Shanghai. 

Here's Ohana in Disneyworld

20181227_202959.thumb.jpg.1580539c03571c5f33da83c0991d871c.jpg

20181227_204525.thumb.jpg.23c80e7a4430cf6a1198b3b8acb32e95.jpg

image.thumb.jpeg.9697ec7ff194a70c222a919a72b58950.jpeg

Fireworks as seen from our table

image.thumb.jpeg.96e729e566c00c6609d2c12d261760fa.jpeg

Edited by harryfat1
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, luvtoride said:

@harryfat1 maybe we will finally get to meet when you come to NYC.  Although I retired from my company here last year, I am doing consulting with the firm and come into the office on the east side 1 or 2 days a week.  Let me know when you're coming/ will be here and maybe we can meet up for bumper cars (oh, you're probably not going to be driving here) or a coffee.  LOL.  If you need any tips or advice before arriving, let me know and I'll be happy to help.  

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the offer.  Much appreciated.  I don’t know my exact schedule yet as it’s somewhat dependent on my boys' school/internship schedule as well as my work schedule.

If I have any questions, I will give you a buzz.

5 hours ago, T-2 said:

Thank you, they must wait until really close to sailing, to add those shows, thank you!!  I had been waiting to add 'The Book' until I could see what I would have to give up, Unfortunately now The Book is already all sold out so that's no longer a problem. 😆

You already have your answer on the Royal Theater, but just want to add that the Effectors was on day 2 (first formal night) and Showgirls was on day 6 (second formal night) for our sailing in case you plan things around the shows.

For the Odyssey, both shows were after dinner for us whereas back on the Navigator, their shows were before dinner so plan for that as well.

I don’t have the cruise compass for day 2 as our less-than-stellar cabin attendant didn’t give us a copy but here’s a copy of the day 6 compass and you can see the Showgirls were at 8 and 10 PM.  Expect the same schedule for Effectors.

Day6.4.thumb.jpg.b1ed35649548a7611cb239c13ce5fc95.jpg

Especially for the Effectors, plan to show up at least 30 minutes before the show to get a good seat as it’s very good and popular.  I rate it as a “Don’t Miss”.

As for “The Book”, talk to the Internet staff after boarding on day 1 after lunch at the Esplanade to see if they can help you get a seat.  I had read that RCI doesn’t release all of their show slots pre-cruise and you can book some on Day 1 so don’t give up on the Book.  Worst comes to worst, go to a show at least 40 minutes early and do a stand-by line to wait as there will bound to be people not showing up on time, and then you can take their spot.

• Thanks 1

@harryfat1, I hope you and your family have a great time in NYC. It’s an amazing place. 

@h20skibum, DH and I live about 45 minutes from WDW. As local Annual Passholders, our touring style is a bit more relaxed than most people coming in for a vacation because if we don’t get to do something we wanted on one day, we can always come back another day. We still haven’t ridden Guardians of the Galaxy or Troon because we don’t want to deal with the whole process one must go through to even get in line to ride them. We’ll get to them eventually.

I have a couple of tips for you. Restaurant times often open up at the last minute. By that, I mean a couple of days before you plan to eat there. We don’t plan way in advance but can always find somewhere we want to eat. If you can’t find the time you want, book as close to that time as you want, then keep checking to see if you can adjust the time to what you really want. You’d be amazed how often that has worked for me.

Plan some down time into your days. The Florida sun is hot. 🥵 The air is humid. All the concrete reflects the heat and makes it feel even hotter. Hydration is essential. I’m sure you already aware of this, but I see lack of rest and cool down breaks and lack of hydration catch up with people every single time we visit any of the parks. 

The lightning lane all day option is a great choice if you’re willing to spend the extra $$$$. The lines really do move quickly, and if you book your next attraction fairly close to where you already are and maybe enjoy an attraction with a short wait time before your next ride time opens up you really can fit a lot into your day. 

One of my favorite planning resources before moving down here was www.disboards.com. 

• Like 3

Your cruise compass was quite an eye opener, I learned quite a lot, for one- there is a Lot more things that will be scheduled than the enticements we now see on the cruise planner app- because your cruise compass was massive for things that will be happening. And they seem to move things around even though our 2 sea days are also day 2 and 6, but I see several things different- our Two70 experience is day 5 not day 6, ours does not show any laser tag like yours but ours only ever had one and it was for the 18+. So lots of excitement yet to come, we will try to see if they have any last bookings on boarding and try the standby line if all else fails, however it works out, I know its going to be an amazing time, thanks for all the help you have given all of us!!! Keep traveling, we'll be watching for more adventures with Harry We've traveled a lot of the world but never NY, I bet you're going to inspire me. :0)

20 hours ago, T-2 said:

Your cruise compass was quite an eye opener, I learned quite a lot, for one- there is a Lot more things that will be scheduled than the enticements we now see on the cruise planner app- because your cruise compass was massive for things that will be happening. And they seem to move things around even though our 2 sea days are also day 2 and 6, but I see several things different- our Two70 experience is day 5 not day 6, ours does not show any laser tag like yours but ours only ever had one and it was for the 18+. So lots of excitement yet to come, we will try to see if they have any last bookings on boarding and try the standby line if all else fails, however it works out, I know its going to be an amazing time, thanks for all the help you have given all of us!!! Keep traveling, we'll be watching for more adventures with Harry We've traveled a lot of the world but never NY, I bet you're going to inspire me. :0)

Glad the scan page was useful.  In case you need it, I just scanned page 4 from Days 3 to 7 (that’s all I have) into one PDF file so you (or others) can download it and maybe even print it to give you an idea of what might be on your cruise.

The phone app was useless in providing the precise info for our sailing.  I booked Giovanni’s for lunch based on the App saying the Belly Flop would be on Day 8 and after we got on board, we found out that got moved to Day 6 and by then they wouldn’t let us switch out the lunch so I wouldn’t trust the phone app that much.

As for NYC, if you ask the average person to list the top 10 famous cities in the world, NYC would be on that list along with London, Paris, Rome, Tokyo, and others.  There’s no shortage of things to do in the city as a tourist.  Given our vacation style of wanting to see new sights, we are a better fit visiting the major cities rather than lounging around at the Solarium.

My wife and I visited NYC just for a day many years ago.  We saw the Statue of Liberty and actually went all the way up on the observation deck of the original Twin Towers so it’ll be a different feeling when we visit the 9/11 Memorial as we were actually inside the tower a few years before 9/11.

Days 3 to 7 Scan.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Your cruise compass' are awesome, unbelievable how many more activities are planned than the sampling that is showing on the app so far. You're right, pretty challenging to make plans, we'll just stay flexible. It looks like we might be missing the Labadee stop- they are rerouting ships that would have called there starting tomorrow, so we'll wait and see what happens with one more week... we love Labadee, I know they just want to keep everyone safe so we're sad we might miss it, the world happens, I'll keep my fingers crossed there is a way we get to hear about your New York adventures. And thank you again!!