Boarding time

I messed up. Totally missed the 45 day window for check in and just got a 2:30 boarding time. I’m on Odyssey and I wanted to make ifly and North Star reservations for port days. Is this going to be a failure now?

I’m in a Junior Suite and it says expedited boarding. Will that help to get us on earlier or will the 2:30 time overrride that?

Thanks for your input.

22 minutes ago, jmcross said:

I messed up. Totally missed the 45 day window for check in and just got a 2:30 boarding time. I’m on Odyssey and I wanted to make ifly and North Star reservations for port days. Is this going to be a failure now?

I’m in a Junior Suite and it says expedited boarding. Will that help to get us on earlier or will the 2:30 time overrride that?

Thanks for your input.

Suite checkin should get in when ever you want.

Edited by mo&fran

Three things. First, the time assigned to you is check-in time, not boarding time although in your case you should be able to board as soon as you get checked in. Second, check-in times are not enforced very often anymore so if you show up early, you will most likely be allowed to check in and board. Third, being in a suite means you'll be able to board before the "regular" people but at that time of day there probably won't be a line so you will be able to walk right on after checking in.

• Like 3

We had 12:30 check in time for our November Independence cruise.  When we arrived at the port there were 3 lines for 3 different boarding times. Once we were inside the building the 3 lines merged and no one ever looked at our assigned time. 

I guess my question is do suite guests get to board first or do I need to wait for my assigned check in time?

If I can board first with expedited check in then why do I need an assigned time?

This is one of the only perks associated with the higher cost of a Junior suite.

1 hour ago, jmcross said:

I guess my question is do suite guests get to board first or do I need to wait for my assigned check in time?

If I can board first with expedited check in then why do I need an assigned time?

This is one of the only perks associated with the higher cost of a Junior suite.

The Junior Suite perk is "priority boarding".  Not priority check-in.  

Check-in refers to getting into the check-in area and finalizing all your cruise information with the agent.  Boarding refers to physically getting on the ship.

If you are in the waiting area, when the boarding process begins, you will be one of the first to board due to your Junior Suite status.

IF they decide to enforce check-in times, you will not be in the waiting area until after 2:30.  By that time, you will likely be able to walk directly on the ship after checking in.

As mentioned above, they don't always enforce the checkin time.  Go early and hopefully they will let you in the doors to check-in area upon your arrival.  If you do this early enough to get in the waiting area prior to the boarding processing starting, you will then be one of the first to board the ship due to your Junior Suite status.

If they won't let you in the doors early, then you won't be boarding early.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

1 hour ago, jmcross said:

Okay. Thanks for your help everyone.

Truly my fault for missing the 45 day mark for check in. So unlike me.

Like others have stated, you should be fine showing up early. I have been on 5 cruises since November and the only port that enforced check-in times was Port Everglades when I cruised on Liberty. 

On 1/14/2024 at 12:38 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Like others have stated, you should be fine showing up early. I have been on 5 cruises since November and the only port that enforced check-in times was Port Everglades when I cruised on Liberty. 

And, of course, I'm going out of Port Everglades.🙄

1.  I'd keep watching to see if an earlier time pops up.  

2.  If that doesn't happen, I'd arrive at 1:30 for a 2:30 check-in time ... that's our comfort level for parking the car, getting our suitcases to the porters, getting in line.  In my experience, they do check the boarding times (on the other hand, we've always had the earliest check-in, and that's the one that's most likely to be checked).  Consider what'll happen if they deny you:  You'll be standing around literally for hours.  Focus on the positive:  You won't have to wait for your cabin to open. 

4 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

1.  I'd keep watching to see if an earlier time pops up.  

2.  If that doesn't happen, I'd arrive at 1:30 for a 2:30 check-in time ... that's our comfort level for parking the car, getting our suitcases to the porters, getting in line.  In my experience, they do check the boarding times (on the other hand, we've always had the earliest check-in, and that's the one that's most likely to be checked).  Consider what'll happen if they deny you:  You'll be standing around literally for hours.  Focus on the positive:  You won't have to wait for your cabin to open. 

I have also seen, even if you have a later check-in time, if all of the people scheduled in front of have checked in, they will then let you check in. There is no need to make you wait if no one is waiting to check in.