Question re:Plus package, b2b cruises and casual meals

chamima

We have a B2B cruise booked that also could have been booked as 4 shorter cruises. We are Elite and I know from past experience that we will receive a new bar set up (10 small bottles of liquor and 10 non alcoholic drinks) for each leg as if it were 4 cruises even though we signed up as 2 .  (We'll have quite the collection of miniatures by the end of these cruises!!! 🤣 )

My question is about the 2 casual meals we receive as part of the plus package for each cruise. Does  anyone have any experience with whether we'll also get 2 for each leg (so 8 total each as if it were 4 separate cruises) even if we signed up as 2 cruises?

Edited by chamima

No. I have asked this question of Princess in a few different ways and the answer I get is the 2 casual dinings per cruise do not refresh after each segment like the mini bar and other Elite perks. Now I think this is unfair. If I pay for a 7 day cruise or a 113 day cruise, on Plus, I still only get 2 Casual Dinings. Princess Premier is similarly affected with the Speciality Restaurant inclusion.

I think as loyal customers, we should be letting Princess know that this is just not equitable!!

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Arabian said:

No. I have asked this question of Princess in a few different ways and the answer I get is the 2 casual dinings per cruise do not refresh after each segment like the mini bar and other Elite perks. Now I think this is unfair. If I pay for a 7 day cruise or a 113 day cruise, on Plus, I still only get 2 Casual Dinings. Princess Premier is similarly affected with the Speciality Restaurant inclusion.

I think as loyal customers, we should be letting Princess know that this is just not equitable!!

That part is true, but booking multiple cruises does result in multiple benefits IIRC from other posters.

I'm on a world cruise that I booked as one cruise, but that is also sold in five segments.

Prior to boarding I couldn't get a straight answer about what benefits were "per cruise" and which were "per segment".

Once I boarded, not even the staff selling the Plus and Premier packaged could tell me definitively.  I asked to see a supervisor who assured me that the casual dining benefit would be per segment.  I have her name and see her every other day or so.

The next segment starts in a few days, so we'll see what's actually true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Princess really needs to look at the plus and premier benefits and change to reflect both segments and days. Princess does not have the benefit portion of the plus/premier fares correct.  

A 4 week southern Pacific RT cruise should have benefits that reflect days on board and not be the same as a 5 day costal cruise. Two 7 or10 day cruises booked as a single booking number should have the same benefits as if the passenger booked with two booking numbers. In both cases benefits should carry over until the passenger disembarks. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

I'm on a world cruise that I booked as one cruise, but that is also sold in five segments.

Prior to boarding I couldn't get a straight answer about what benefits were "per cruise" and which were "per segment".

Once I boarded, not even the staff selling the Plus and Premier packaged could tell me definitively.  I asked to see a supervisor who assured me that the casual dining benefit would be per segment.  I have her name and see her every other day or so.

The next segment starts in a few days, so we'll see what's actually true.

Can you come back and let us know what they did? We cruise in March and we really like casual dining as a lunch option to the MDR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Goldenrosebags said:

Can you come back and let us know what they did? We cruise in March and we really like casual dining as a lunch option to the MDR.

Yes.  It may be a week or so before I test the new segment casual dining benefit.

BTW, I was a real skeptic about making the Plus package work for my style of cruising but I am enjoying the coffee menu in the morning and the drink menus in the evenings.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chamima said:

We have a B2B cruise booked that also could have been booked as 4 shorter cruises. We are Elite and I know from past experience that we will receive a new bar set up (10 small bottles of liquor and 10 non alcoholic drinks) for each leg as if it were 4 cruises even though we signed up as 2 .  (We'll have quite the collection of miniatures by the end of these cruises!!! 🤣 )

My question is about the 2 casual meals we receive as part of the plus package for each cruise. Does  anyone have any experience with whether we'll also get 2 for each leg (so 8 total each as if it were 4 separate cruises) even if we signed up as 2 cruises?

If you book each segment separately, you will notice a huge increase. I too would like to see 2 casual meals per segment however, that won’t happen. 

• Like 1

We’ve done a few B2B’s since the new dining restrictions have taken place.  Granted, we’ve booked our segments at different times so they’ve had different booking numbers (I think the might get different booking numbers anyway as they have separate voyage numbers) but in the app, they show as one single cruise.  Regardless, we’ve gotten the premier package on these B2B sailings and gotten 2 specialty dinners for each segment.  If you can purchase or upgrade the package separately on the Princess website, you should be given the package inclusions separately as well.  

19 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We’ve done a few B2B’s since the new dining restrictions have taken place.  Granted, we’ve booked our segments at different times so they’ve had different booking numbers (I think the might get different booking numbers anyway as they have separate voyage numbers) but in the app, they show as one single cruise.  Regardless, we’ve gotten the premier package on these B2B sailings and gotten 2 specialty dinners for each segment.  If you can purchase or upgrade the package separately on the Princess website, you should be given the package inclusions separately as well.  

Plus you get 

• NEW Unlimited casual dining meals

48 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Yes.  It may be a week or so before I test the new segment casual dining benefit.

BTW, I was a real skeptic about making the Plus package work for my style of cruising but I am enjoying the coffee menu in the morning and the drink menus in the evenings.  

Me too. I'm not a big drinker at home and I don't drink enough to make it worth it as some people say. But I like a few drinks in the evening or a glass of wine at dinner and I probably wouldn't do that much if I were paying individual for each one. Plus I wouldn't purchase a wifi plan but it is nice to have. And you're right the specialty coffees are really nice.

We certainly hope it is per segment.  We are also Elite and often enjoy dining at Alfredo's.  Last year we took a 32 day cruise around SA when there was no additional cost for Afredo's.  If it is now limited to 2 meals per cruise even with the Plus package we are very upset.  We hope this gets changed.

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

Ohhhh yes.....   it ends up being kinda nice!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

1 hour ago, DHP1 said:

Plus you get 

• NEW Unlimited casual dining meals

28 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I don’t believe so …

image.thumb.png.2c04ed5fd12fcc2252696467022baf8e.png

@CruiseRaiderYou said you had the premier package (see highlighted in red above)

If you look at amenities under Premier the third from the bottom says unlimited casual dining

Edited by chamima

We've done the premier package on the princess Discovery this past november and it was sooo nice to get what you want and how much you want without staying within limitations. We are doing exactly the same in may on the Majestic! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

No more "wee drams" for you!

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, chamima said:

@CruiseRaiderYou said you had the premier package (see highlighted in red above)

If you look at amenities under Premier the third from the bottom says unlimited casual dining

Thank you. @CruiseRaiderdid say Premier Package 

1 hour ago, chamima said:

Now I see what you meant … I thought you were referring to the Plus Packgae when you said “Plus you get .. unlimited casual dining”, thus the screen print.  
Anyway, to clarify, I meant that if we get 4 specialty dining with the premier, one should also presume that you would also get 4 casual dinners with the plus.  Hopefully, that makes more sense.  

8 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Now I see what you meant … I thought you were referring to the Plus Packgae when you said “Plus you get .. unlimited casual dining”, thus the screen print.  
Anyway, to clarify, I meant that if we get 4 specialty dining with the premier, one should also presume that you would also get 4 casual dinners with the plus.  Hopefully, that makes more sense.  

I’m confuse on who said what.
Again, if you have the Premier Package you get unlimited causal dining. If you have the Plus Package you get 2 causal dining b2b. 

14 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

The Author was referring to the Plus Package

My question is about the 2 casual meals we receive as part of the plus package for each cruise

37 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

The Author was referring to the Plus Package

My question is about the 2 casual meals we receive as part of the plus package for each cruise

I will try to explain it one more time … 

if we get 4 specialty dinners with a B2B with the Premier package, doesn’t it make sense that you get 4 casual dining meals with the Plus package on a B2B?    

Edited by Cruise Raider