Newbie Question about check-in

Hi all, 
First-time X cruiser and I just checked in for my Summit Feb. 29 cruise. I'm sharing the cabin with a friend who lives in another state. 
I saw the option to check her in, as well, but I don't have the details such as her passport #, etc. 

Is it possible for her to create her own login and link to the existing reservation so she can privately enter her details? 
I made the reservation for both of us and I would trust her to log in using my username and pw. Just seems cleaner to have two separate log-ins pointing to the same reservation. 

Thanks! 

Yes, she can create her own login. She would then add the booking to her profile using the booking number and able be to handle her own check in. One thing you can do for her though, is select her check in time for the pier. This will allow her to have the same time slot as you. 

13 minutes ago, long time lurker said:

Yes, she can create her own login. She would then add the booking to her profile using the booking number and able be to handle her own check in. One thing you can do for her though, is select her check in time for the pier. This will allow her to have the same time slot as you. 

Yes it is best if the friend has her own login.

This way if she wants to book something for herself (eg, at the spa) or an excursion, etc.  she can do it herself.  Also, she is automatically linked to your reservation through the cruise reservation number.

She should also sign up for the Captains Club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LandLockedInAZ2 said:

Update in case any future cruisers are searching for the same info. When I checked in for myself and set my arrival time, it automatically assigned the arrival time for the "party". 

CelebrityCheckin.jpg

Is this only possible per room or also when you have linked bookings (and multiple rooms)?

Once your friend creates her account all she will need is the Reservation number and she can add to her account.

BTW - you can go in using the App and just go directly to Arrival Time and select the same time.   She can come back later and complete all the information or just use the express pass with her arrival time and the will complete her reservation on checkin.   Even when you pre-enter the data they still take pictures of you Passport and take your credit cards. 

I recommend double-checking that the second person has been assigned the same arrival time. Like the OP, I cruise with a friend. I check in as soon as check-in opens to get us an early arrival time. On previous cruises, I've always had the experience described above --- once I enter my own info and select an arrival time, the same time is automatically assigned to my friend, who does her own check-in much later. But when I checked in for the cruise we're embarking on later this week, my friend was not assigned the same arrival time that I chose. I had to go into her check-in and select a time for her. By the time I did that, the time slot I'd selected for myself wasn't available, so I had to select the next half-hour window for her.

Regardless, we're both going to arrive during my check-in slot.