Koningsdam cabin 5217 aft Neptune

dmaikui

11 hours ago, POA1 said:

There are quite a few photos of Koningsdam aft Neptunes on HALfacts.

Yes, I saw that, all except the cabin I'm looking for. The HAL rep said they are all different.

13 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Have you looked at Halfacts? Check sister ships Rotterdam and N. Statendam.

Been in the cabin...its on the smaller side for a Neptune, particularly if you split the beds.

I was surprised at how small our aft Neptune was on K'dam (deck 6 or 7). Quite a bit smaller than Neptunes we'd had on various decks of the Vistas. These suites do vary from deck to deck. I believe some have a side window and others do not. 

The midship/side Neptunes on K'dam are much larger than the afts. 

@dmaikui, did you check HAL Facts for the other corner of the same deck? That will be a mirror image of the suite you're looking for.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, dmaikui said:

Yes, I saw that, all except the cabin I'm looking for. The HAL rep said they are all different.

Ask your HAL rep to tell you the square footage of the interior & balcony on your room and the ones you see in the photos. Their booking system has the data for the Pinnacle Class ships. (I think it's total sf only on the older ships. They should be the same across all the Pinnacles.  The NS & RTDM have different bathroom layouts, with shower only. The KDAM still has a tub.

21 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

I was surprised at how small our aft Neptune was on K'dam (deck 6 or 7). Quite a bit smaller than Neptunes we'd had on various decks of the Vistas. These suites do vary from deck to deck. I believe some have a side window and others do not. 

The midship/side Neptunes on K'dam are much larger than the afts. 

@dmaikui, did you check HAL Facts for the other corner of the same deck? That will be a mirror image of the suite you're looking for.

Thank you 

17 minutes ago, POA1 said:

Ask your HAL rep to tell you the square footage of the interior & balcony on your room and the ones you see in the photos. Their booking system has the data for the Pinnacle Class ships. (I think it's total sf only on the older ships. They should be the same across all the Pinnacles.  The NS & RTDM have different bathroom layouts, with shower only. The KDAM still has a tub.

Thank you 

The "sister" ships are:

• R-Class: Volendam and Zaandam
  • Vista Class: Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Noordam & Westerdam
  • Signature Class: Eurodam & Nieuw Amsterdam
  • Pinnacle Class: Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam & Rotterdam

For the most part, the sister ships will have the same stateroom layouts & numbering schemes.  The decor differs and there are some other differences, like the bathrooms on the KDAM I mentioned or the fact that not all the R Class ships got the Lanai treatment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmaikui said:

Didn't see on for New Amsterdam either.

N. Statendam and Rotterdam are KDam's sisters.

5223 are there for both N. Statendam and Rotterdam. They should be the same as 5217, just opposite corner.

3 hours ago, POA1 said:

The "sister" ships are:

• R-Class: Volendam and Zaandam
  • Vista Class: Zuiderdam, Oosterdam, Noordam & Westerdam
  • Signature Class: Eurodam & Nieuw Amsterdam
  • Pinnacle Class: Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam & Rotterdam

For the most part, the sister ships will have the same stateroom layouts & numbering schemes.  The decor differs and there are some other differences, like the bathrooms on the KDAM I mentioned or the fact that not all the R Class ships got the Lanai treatment.

Thank you so much 💓 💗 

• Like 1

Our corner aft (DECK 6 OR 7) was very different. @LAFFNVEGAS, did you have a proper sofa or love seat? We had a "fainting couch" (daybed?). The bed faced the side window instead of being under it. I love the little storage nook with the towels! My corner aft didn't have that. And the shower is bigger than the corner aft we had. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Our corner aft (DECK 6 OR 7) was very different. @LAFFNVEGAS, did you have a proper sofa or love seat? We had a "fainting couch" (daybed?). The bed faced the side window instead of being under it. I love the little storage nook with the towels! My corner aft didn't have that. And the shower is bigger than the corner aft we had. 

I was told by a Hotel Manager who has worked on all three of the Pinnacle Class ships and he stated that the Deck 5 corner afts are the most different from the other aft Neptunes. It does have a regular sofa but I have to say it is not overly comfortable to sit on. I did love the big shower. I was not sure if I would like the window above the bed but it actually was nice giving a lot of light in the suite. 

3 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Just last month I was on Nieuw Statendam in Neptune 5223 which appears to be exactly the same as 5217 on Koningsdam 

here was m pics

Please note that Lisa's husband, Tom - shown in photo #1 - is not standard equipment in aft Neptune Suites. 😁

• Haha 5

21 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I was told by a Hotel Manager who has worked on all three of the Pinnacle Class ships and he stated that the Deck 5 corner afts are the most different from the other aft Neptunes. It does have a regular sofa but I have to say it is not overly comfortable to sit on. I did love the big shower. I was not sure if I would like the window above the bed but it actually was nice giving a lot of light in the suite. 

Looking at the photos of deck 5 Neptune aft, I don't like the pink bed (not a couch). Kinda weird and not functional.

3 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

Just last month I was on Nieuw Statendam in Neptune 5223 which appears to be exactly the same as 5217 on Koningsdam 

here was m pics

IMG_5131.jpeg

IMG_5132.jpeg

IMG_5128.jpeg

IMG_5129.jpeg

IMG_5130.jpeg

IMG_5134.jpeg

IMG_5078.png

IMG_5076.png

IMG_5074.png

Thank you again, I just found a youtube video of Koningsdam deck 5 aft suite. I has a weird pink chair thing under the TV, not nice like the own you showed.

17 minutes ago, dmaikui said:

Thank you again, I just found a youtube video of Koningsdam deck 5 aft suite. I has a weird pink chair thing under the TV, not nice like the own you showed.

Are you sure it was deck 5? I just looked, and I was on 7. I had a strange daybed/sofa under the TV. (I shouldn't have called it a "fainting couch" because those have a sloped end.) And if you look at Lisa's pictures, the china cabinet and desk were by the door. In 7188, the bed and sofa/daybed were near the door. 

L1020218 (2).JPG

• Like 1