YTD and Large Groups

Hey All,

We have 16 going on the Horizon this May. 6:00 dining was booked so we all have YTD. We will waitlist for 6:00 and check with the Matre D when we board, but I wanted to see if anyone had experience with a large group with YTD. I know we won’t be able to sit at a single table, but do they split us up into tables of 4? And does a large group take a long time to sit? We will check in as soon as possible (5:30 or whatever it is).

Basically, I’m looking for opinions on how hard I should try and get us 6:00 set time vs sticking with YTD.

Hi

I don't know your situation apart from what you have just stated.

A few points. 

The thing with larger groups: Not everyone will want, or be ready to dine at the same time. Unless you are able to control this, it just wont happen. (even if you have set time dining)

If you all did try to dine together with anytime dining, and did want to all sit together (or close together), it would delay your seating process. (Think of a full/busy restaurant where you arrive without a reservation)

If you don't get assigned dining before sail date, go and see the maitre d', as soon as they are available when you board. It might not be possible to change you all on the first day.

Consider that if you do change from YTD to an assigned time for all, it might not be what everyone wants. If you miss your assigned time, you would have to go to the buffet. (which some prefer)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you are planning on eating when they open, you should get seated very quickly. probably at two tables next to each other. if you go a little later, that is when you could see a wait. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nwo4life said:

Why not just break into smaller groups when you are ready to eat?

Yep. The nice thing about the App is that you can select a subset of the 16 online as you check in. Try very hard NOT to be responsible for herding the entire party. 16 folks can't agree on anything much less have a conversation at dinner.

And to answer your direct question. I would absolutely try to get Assigned Dining with a party that large. My advice above is about a reasonable workaround allowing you to keep your sanity if you remain in YTD.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1