Le Petit Chef Menu

dalmoradie

1 hour ago, HLR said:

Question of the day: Does the video presentation incorporate the selections for the day's menu? Or is it the same video for all the menus...BECAUSE....

A THIRD menu has appeared on the cruise planner on day 4 for my cruise on June 30th! 

Howard

When I went in January on Apex, on a given night everyone in the restaurant saw the same presentation regardless of what they ordered.  But on different nights the presentation could be different.  My waiter recommended at least one person at the table order the featured dish.  And, of course, it was perfectly okay for any one person to order both the featured dish and another dish at the same time.

14 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

You should try it.  While it is a novelty it is a good first time experience.  But loses it's novelty after that.  The first time was very good.  Second and third we had already seen the show...

How is the food?  I heard the old Qsine was quite good?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, zitsky said:

How is the food?  I heard the old Qsine was quite good?

Yes QSine was better.The food is very average.  You do it for the show for the first time...  The other specialty restaurants have better food.

Edited by NMTraveller

6 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

Yes QSine was better.The food is very average.  You do it for the show for the first time...  The other specialty restaurants have better food.

Agree the only reason to do this is for the novelty of the show.  The food is mediocre on its best day.

So we are going on our first Celebrity cruise in December on the Eclipse.  I was curious about this restaurant and am happy I found this thread.  We don't have any OBC.  I see there is a flash sale right now of 20% off for LPC at Celebrity web site.  Anyone who is more familiar with Celebrity have any thoughts on whether this is a good deal?  Do they run these flash sales often?  Do I need to worry about specialty restaurants getting booked up before we ever even get on the ship?  

It depends upon the time and the ship as to whether specialty restaurants sell out.

The best flash sales IMHO happen around the holidays.  Memorial,  Labor, and July 4th.  If you book,  you can cancel and rebook at the lower price.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jaldag said:

So we are going on our first Celebrity cruise in December on the Eclipse.  I was curious about this restaurant and am happy I found this thread.  We don't have any OBC.  I see there is a flash sale right now of 20% off for LPC at Celebrity web site.  Anyone who is more familiar with Celebrity have any thoughts on whether this is a good deal?  Do they run these flash sales often?  Do I need to worry about specialty restaurants getting booked up before we ever even get on the ship?  

Hmmm...where do you see a 20% off sale on the website? I am looking at the site right now and don't see anything...

Posted (edited)

I wonder if make these offers by specific account? Or more likely, probably offers are tied to specific cruise dates.  

Edited by jaldag

Last flash sale my cruise for 2025 had no discount this flash sale that runs till June 10th has 20% off. Tempted to book but don’t like the menu that has the seasons and don’t know what menu will be available when I book. I guess I could try to change the day when I get on board or cancel for a refund.  Eden has 5% off but eden tasting menu 20% off making it only about 20 dollars more than regular menu. Still expensive and don’t see the point of the tasting menu. Wish regular menu was on sale.  

On 6/5/2024 at 1:13 AM, Liao said:

Agree the only reason to do this is for the novelty of the show.  The food is mediocre on its best day.

Granted, our best day may have better than yours, but our LPC dinner included a 2-1/2" filet you could cut with a fork (paired up with a nice Tignanello), and a truly amazing pasta dish that won the 'voting' that took place at the end of the meal. 

That's not to say I'd make a habit of dining at LPC, but it certainly wouldn't be because of "mediocre" food experience on a previous visit.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Granted, our best day may have better than yours, but our LPC dinner included a 2-1/2" filet you could cut with a fork (paired up with a nice Tignanello), and a truly amazing pasta dish that won the 'voting' that took place at the end of the meal. 

That's not to say I'd make a habit of dining at LPC, but it certainly wouldn't be because of "mediocre" food experience on a previous visit.

I would say that the food is mediocre.  For the holiday cruises Tuscan and the other specialty restaurants charge $150 per plate, so we dine in LPC.  It is not as good as Tuscan or Muranos by a long shot.

So....can anyone who dines there numerous times answer the question.... Are there different videos tailored to match the night's menu or is there one video no matter what the menu is?

15 minutes ago, HLR said:

So....can anyone who dines there numerous times answer the question.... Are there different videos tailored to match the night's menu or is there one video no matter what the menu is?

Video is to match primary menu that night , I have been on ships that had just one menu and last cruise there was at least two. There is always an alternate menu , 4 course meal you can have all from one or miss match . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HLR said:

The projection that appears before each course is an animated version of how these little guys build that precise course.  So if you have a pasta dish on the evening's menu, you'll see the little guys build that before it is served to you.

I know for sure that there have been at least three different menus over time (I've seen them), and there may be a fourth.  About the only way to be sure which is on for a given night is to visit the restaurant and check the menu.  I have seen nothing that would indicate that there's any predictable rotation amongst the menus during any particular cruise.

The quality of the animation, and hence the experience, is also variable.  I don't know the actual production order, but are real differences between them, perhaps the earliest attempts and later productions?

One last item -

If you're going to do this, arrive a little early.  The tables will be set with white plates.  Before selecting a table, be sure that the video projected onto the plates from above (which is just a white circle) is stable.  You'll know quickly by looking at the periphery of the plate.  Getting a seat with zero jitter in the image provides a nicer experience.

3 hours ago, canderson said:

The projection that appears before each course is an animated version of how these little guys build that precise course.  So if you have a pasta dish on the evening's menu, you'll see the little guys build that before it is served to you.

I know for sure that there have been at least three different menus over time (I've seen them), and there may be a fourth.  About the only way to be sure which is on for a given night is to visit the restaurant and check the menu.  I have seen nothing that would indicate that there's any predictable rotation amongst the menus during any particular cruise.

The quality of the animation, and hence the experience, is also variable.  I don't know the actual production order, but are real differences between them, perhaps the earliest attempts and later productions?

One last item -

If you're going to do this, arrive a little early.  The tables will be set with white plates.  Before selecting a table, be sure that the video projected onto the plates from above (which is just a white circle) is stable.  You'll know quickly by looking at the periphery of the plate.  Getting a seat with zero jitter in the image provides a nicer experience.

Okay!  Now THAT was good information! Thank you!