Le Petit Chef Menu

dalmoradie

1 hour ago, HLR said:

Thanks!

Was it okay on your own? [One solo traveler to another....]

Howard

I found it fine, there is a gap as they are clearing up and before the next animation starts but not any different than going to the MDR to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did Le Petit Chef as a solo diner at my own table for 2 in December.  I enjoyed the experience more than I thought I would but I wouldn't pay to go back again.  As many people have described it, it's a "One and Done" type experience.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

I did Le Petit Chef as a solo diner at my own table for 2 in December.  I enjoyed the experience more than I thought I would but I wouldn't pay to go back again.  As many people have described it, it's a "One and Done" type experience.

Agree and I didn't even pay for it, was included in my cruise and I'd not go again.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

I did Le Petit Chef on Apex in January.  Although the lobster dish was absolutely fantastic, I found the animation "show" to be underwhelming.  I'm glad I did it for "free" using OBC rather than pay.

I had thought there would be table animation throughout most of the meal, but really it was just a short animation before each course.  Cute, but in these days of so much good animated graphics all around us in life, I found the animation at Le Petit Chef to be a bit out-dated*.  The waiter did tell me that there were plans to produce a more enhanced animation later this year, so hopefully the show will improve with time.

*Disclosure:  I used to do computer programming, so perhaps my threshold for good graphic animation is higher than otherwise.

Edited by ppanyan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2024 at 11:15 PM, fliprcruiser said:

Just off Reflection, dined once i. LPC. We had Lobster/Filet on last night of cruise. This menu was served earlier in week.

20240227_150402.thumb.jpg.45ed30643080e3f6a68461395b13a5d6.jpg

Thanks Flipr! I actually like this menu better than the lobster one...I will also be using OBC so i will check the menus before booking!

• 1 month later...

I’m so excited to have come across this thread.  Our daughters really wanted Le Petit Chef in New Orleans, but that seemed like a silly option in a city known for so many great restaurants.  But on a Celebrity Cruise, with some OBC from the travel agent . . . perfect time to try LPC.

11 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

I’m so excited to have come across this thread.  Our daughters really wanted Le Petit Chef in New Orleans, but that seemed like a silly option in a city known for so many great restaurants.  But on a Celebrity Cruise, with some OBC from the travel agent . . . perfect time to try LPC.

Yes!  It seems OBC is the way to go! The menu is also different on different nights. I am waiting until I get on board before making my reservation.

• Like 1

Not to be “Debbie Downer” but we did not enjoy LPC.

First, we wanted the lobster menu, but NOPE, wrong time.

Secondly, the show had a designated start time, we were 15 minutes early, but another group was 20 minutes late, so they delayed the dinner to wait for a few inconsiderate people…. 
I won’t go again.

I hope your experience is better. 

Sailing on Solstice in July and will be first time on Celebrity. We have traditionally sailed on Norwegian which offers the specialty restaurants as one of their included bonus perks. We have $120 of OBC to spend and am considering whether it is worth just using it on LPC or one of the other specialty restaurants. Any thoughts on which one would be best. Also, will I need to pay the cover charges for my kids (12 & 9) if they were to just order from the children's menu for that meal?

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, justcrusn said:

Not to be “Debbie Downer” but we did not enjoy LPC.

First, we wanted the lobster menu, but NOPE, wrong time.

Secondly, the show had a designated start time, we were 15 minutes early, but another group was 20 minutes late, so they delayed the dinner to wait for a few inconsiderate people…. 
I won’t go again.

I hope your experience is better. 

Question...had you checked the menu before you made the reservations? If yes...then that would be annoying! I want the shortribs and that's why I said above I will wait until I board to make the reservation. Did you miss the first 20 minutes of the video show because of the late comers? 

Edited by HLR
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, gvgseg said:

Sailing on Solstice in July and will be first time on Celebrity. We have traditionally sailed on Norwegian which offers the specialty restaurants as one of their included bonus perks. We have $120 of OBC to spend and am considering whether it is worth just using it on LPC or one of the other specialty restaurants. Any thoughts on which one would be best. Also, will I need to pay the cover charges for my kids (12 & 9) if they were to just order from the children's menu for that meal?

I did it and although I'd not do it again, if I had kids, I would definitely do it.  I can almost guarantee they will have a blast.

Edited by Liao
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 81Zoomie said:

This was the menu last week on Edge.  You could mix between the 2 menus.

image.thumb.jpeg.501b98ff2ab3be501296808b7efde157.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.d4c0315f1605f876922deb1cbd87712d.jpeg

Yes!  That's the one I want. I looked at the app and it seems the first few days are one menu and then the rest are the Lobster one spoken of above. I will wait until I get on the ship as things always change...but I'm a sucker for the word "Tartlet"!

13 hours ago, gvgseg said:

Le Petit Chef is my favorite specialty restaurant on celebrity, did it twice a few weeks ago . Not sure if there is a children’s menu . 

We booked LPC before the cruise.  Upon embarkation, we went and spoke with the Maitre d' to make sure we booked the right night for lobster menu.  We enjoyed it a lot and the lobster was so delicious!  We will probably book it again on our upcoming Alaska cruise on Solstice, but this time we want the filet mignon so will book accordingly.

1 hour ago, George C said:

Le Petit Chef is my favorite specialty restaurant on celebrity, did it twice a few weeks ago . Not sure if there is a children’s menu . 

I just went through the reservation process and it looks like Le Petit Chef charges full price for children, whereas Murano and Tuscan Grille have a discounted children's rate.

• Like 1

We've been tempted to visit the LPC but the menus don't seem that interesting for the money charged. It's all about the animation, I guess. Tuscan last year on Reflection wasn't as good as before and neither was Blu. We're on Infinity next week, which is thin on specialty restaurants. We still have $250 in OBC and are full up on shore excursions. It's a good "problem" to have and I'm sure we'll figure a way to spend the credit. Always have before. I sound like an old grouch. Sorry. I'll get over that before next week.

We just got off Silhouette and noticed that LPC was lucky to have three to four tables occupied.  On a couple of nights, it looked empty.  After trying it when we were on Beyond in January, we said we’d never again do that restaurant. It’s nothing but a gimmick.  

1 hour ago, kitty9 said:

We just got off Silhouette and noticed that LPC was lucky to have three to four tables occupied.  On a couple of nights, it looked empty.  After trying it when we were on Beyond in January, we said we’d never again do that restaurant. It’s nothing but a gimmick.  

Never do it AGAIN right?  What do you like or not like about it?

On 4/13/2024 at 9:03 PM, kitty9 said:

Of course it's a gimmic...how could it be anything else? They're projecting a tiny man on your dinner plate. Jajaja!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HLR said:

Of course it's a gimmic...how could it be anything else? They're projecting a tiny man on your dinner plate. Jajaja!

It is pretty amazing how they use the Star Trek replicator / transporter thing to beam food onto your plate.  In 2024.  🙂

I worked with a company that did this back in 2000.  Not with food though.

• Like 1