January 2024 - NCL Star (Antarctica) - Dailies (pdf), officers, menus and much, much more.

ziggyuk

Thank you sooooo much for all the documents. This will help a lot. 
Will be on Star end of May. How was it overall? 

Got really mixed feelings about the Star, but the itinerary is really good. 
Will go with low expectations and maybe will be surprised.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tashaaa said:

Thank you sooooo much for all the documents. This will help a lot. 
Will be on Star end of May. How was it overall? 

Got really mixed feelings about the Star, but the itinerary is really good. 
Will go with low expectations and maybe will be surprised.

Fantastic cruise, the staff were great and Antarctica of course was amazing 🤩

The WiFi however was dire, while I did not expect good coverage in Antarctica, I did expect reasonable coverage just off the coast of Buenos Aries. There was a constant line of people being granted extra minutes due to the WiFi problems.

That said, WiFi was the only issue on an amazing cruise, lovely ship and fantastic staff. I took me forever to write all the hero cards, it was so good.🤩

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Thank you. On the 17 March sailing so this is really helpful. Any highs or lows to share from your experience?

See reply above, the cruise was amazing and Antarctica a very special place, one fantastic cruise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ziggyuk said:

See reply above, the cruise was amazing and Antarctica a very special place, one fantastic cruise.

Thank you - that's very positive, and decides me against investing in the internet package! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Huntingdon1701 said:

Thank you - that's very positive, and decides me against investing in the internet package! 

It's really strange as the internet was fine the first few days and of course you can't expect good coverage in Antarctica but it was the last few days. It was impossible to even send a text only email in under 15 minutes.

In fairness to the internet manager, who was excellent and granted me an extra hour of time on two occasions. I even showed him an email iny outbox that had been sat there for 3 days since the Falklands.

• Like 1

Thank you so much!

We are on the doing the same itinerary soon.

What kind of clothing do you recommend? 

How much really cold weather clothing do we really need? Knit hats, gloves, heavy coats, etc

Chris

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, stonepebble said:

Thank you so much!

We are on the doing the same itinerary soon.

What kind of clothing do you recommend? 

How much really cold weather clothing do we really need? Knit hats, gloves, heavy coats, etc

Chris

Exactly that, it was not so cold, for me a jumper, scarf, gloves and a warm jacket.

We got a 10 day pass to the Thermal Spa on the Star for our 2021 Greenland/Iceland cruise.  Best money we've ever spent!   We're on the March 3 sailing Buenos Aries to San Antonio and booked it for the 14 days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mingo said:

We got a 10 day pass to the Thermal Spa on the Star for our 2021 Greenland/Iceland cruise.  Best money we've ever spent!   We're on the March 3 sailing Buenos Aries to San Antonio and booked it for the 14 days.

Thank you!!

On 1/22/2024 at 11:22 AM, KACTravels said:

Thank you!  How did you get the Dailies in the pdf format?

You can download them each day while onboard in the NCL mobile app.

• Thanks 2

On 1/22/2024 at 4:22 PM, KACTravels said:

Thank you!  How did you get the Dailies in the pdf format?

Top right of the app there is a download button, it's not great, sometimes it takes an hour to kick of the download, other times it starts right away.
I hit it multiple times in frustration (and a few G&Ts) one day and ended up with dozens of downloads later in the day 😂

• Like 1

On 1/22/2024 at 5:54 PM, swvlhead said:

Ziggyuk I'm on the Star end of May I was wondering if you went into the Thermal Spa and if it was worth it?

We did not use it I'm afraid, so can't offer any advice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0106 said:

@ziggyukAny advice or comments on embarkation in Buenos Aires.  I understand the terminal was damage and we should report to an alternative location with our luggage.

Yes I can actually, it is only a short way away but Latitudes priority helps a lot.

If you have priority, make sure you mention it at the bag drop at the temporary terminal. We were given a numbered bus ticket and asked to wait until our number was called, I know some people waited there for a long time. Luckily we mentioned we were Sapphire and had priority, we were immediately given a different colour card and told we could alight the next available bus, we waited no time at all at the temporary terminal.

Once bussed to the regular terminal for boarding, its the same procedure as normal, three lines, suites line have first priority, then Latitudes line have second priority, then the long third line of no priority.

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2024 at 4:03 PM, ziggyuk said:

This cruise is totally on my bucket list. Thanks for posting the info!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

This cruise is totally on my bucket list. Thanks for posting the info!

Antarctica is absolutely incredible, nowhere on earth is so beautiful. This trip exceeded my expectations in so many ways.

Edited by ziggyuk
  • Like 3