C'mon Princess - issues with itinerary change

nbsjcruiser

Got a strange email for our upcoming cruise on the Sky. It mentioned our excursion was incomplete. We had booked a beach day at Mahogany Bay. Looking at the itinerary (screenshot attached) it now says undefined. I know there's a huge Carnival ship in the same day we are. They've known for months that these two ships would be in the same time. I know they cancelled this port on the Regal not too long ago and to be honest, if they substitute a day at sea I'll be pizzed. I never would book this itinerary with 3 days at sea - not the Western. I'll make the best of it of course but it won't go down easy.

Thoughts? Anyone get note that there cruise changed?

image.thumb.png.6a1f4f824053ed4617d24f7b3223745c.png

• Like 1

We leave Sunday on the Regal and they did the same thing to us. It's been known for months a huge Carnival ship was scheduled the same day as us, but they waited until a few weeks prior to officially cancel. They were even selling Mahogany Bay excursions right up until the itinerary was changed. 

Disappointing actions, especially when the port schedules are done months or even years in advance. Sorry this is apparently happening again, to you.

I just looked at the Mahogany Bay website and don't see the Sky listed. We weren't on there either for a couple weeks before Princess finally notified us.

Screenshot_20240119_114349_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Like 1

Looks like it's Coxen Hole now. That's the second time we were supposed to go to Mahogany Bay and ended up at that hole. Never again will I rely on Princess to get me to Mahogany Bay. This is the first Western we've booked in probably 10 years. Back to eastern's from now on.

I get that itineraries change and I accept it. But to book me in a port that they had no intention on visiting is unacceptable. This really grinds my gears.

image.thumb.png.d93a9d57e4cf798ba952fce298d8a6dc.png

Edited by nbsjcruiser
  • Like 4

Wonder if other ports will be switched around like others have reported for this itinerary in December/January - Same port stops changed to different days.  Guess more will be making a quick trip off and back onboard without the beach nearby OR not getting off at all. 

Yes this has been happening the past couple of months.  I posted the link below.  This never used to happen in Roatan so I don't know why all of a sudden Princess is being moved.  Also don't know why they wait so long to announce it.

Thank you for the information. I just checked our April itinerary and then the port schedule for Mahogany Bay. It only shows that the Carnival Jubilee in port the day we’re supposed to be there. We’ve heard nothing from Princess about any changes. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Tonsoffun44 said:

Wonder if other ports will be switched around like others have reported for this itinerary in December/January - Same port stops changed to different days.  Guess more will be making a quick trip off and back onboard without the beach nearby OR not getting off at all. 

I hope other ports are not swapped. We have an excursion booked and paid for on Belize from an independent tour operator.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

4 minutes ago, Crystabel said:

Thank you for the information. I just checked our April itinerary and then the port schedule for Mahogany Bay. It only shows that the Carnival Jubilee in port the day we’re supposed to be there. We’ve heard nothing from Princess about any changes. 

Where are you seeing a port schedule for April?  The official Mahogany Bay one only goes through February.  Of course that is likely managed by Carnival so I'd be interested in seeing another source.

IMG_1032.png

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Crystabel said:

The Jubilee is the same ship that bumped us.

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Where are you seeing a port schedule for April?  The official Mahogany Bay one only goes through February.  Of course that is likely managed by Carnival so I'd be interested in seeing another source.

Mahogany Bay website

https://www.mahoganybaycc.com/port-schedule.aspx

Screenshot_20240119_125225_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Paula_MacFan
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Crystabel said:

IMG_1032.png

Thank you!  That's the same one I was looking at but for whatever reason it wasn't showing the later dates.  I clicked the refresh link and it brought it up.  Good to see that the Enchanted is still on the schedule the 29th.

4 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Thank you!  That's the same one I was looking at but for whatever reason it wasn't showing the later dates.  I clicked the refresh link and it brought it up.  Good to see that the Enchanted is still on the schedule the 29th.

You guys should be fine - no other ship in port with you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Yes it populated after I hit refresh above the calendar.  At first I was happy to see the Enchanted Princess there on the 29th.  However, we were supposed to be in Costa Maya on that date.  Here's the itinerary as it appears in the Cruise Personalizer.  Now I will wait to see how long it takes for Princess to officially make the change.

image.thumb.png.3068056a3780b5e0c0746f7dc65b2e77.png

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

I think we are on the same sailing, 4/27 Enchanted.  My itinerary is still showing that we are to be in Costa Maya on 4/29 and Roatan on 5/1.  Has your itinerary on the website been updated to change the port order?  I see that the port schedule has Enchanted in Roatan on 4/29.  Have they changed the port order and not told us/me?  Fine with me as I really do not want to miss Roatan if possible but let us know so we can book independent excursions if we want.

Edited by DavidsNana
additional info azbirdmom, ignore this post. I did not see your previous post regarding possible port order.

3 hours ago, Crystabel said:

Don't think anyone is actually getting told by Princess - just looking at itinerary on app/port websites finding out ourselves. No official email Princess notifications.  Might see it change within 2 weeks of your sailing like many of us. 

47 minutes ago, DavidsNana said:

I think we are on the same sailing, 4/27 Enchanted.  My itinerary is still showing that we are to be in Costa Maya on 4/29 and Roatan on 5/1.  Has your itinerary on the website been updated to change the port order?  I see that the port schedule has Enchanted in Roatan on 4/29.  Have they changed the port order and not told us/me?  Fine with me as I really do not want to miss Roatan if possible but let us know so we can book independent excursions if we want.

Yes we are on the same sailing.  The itinerary above was as of this morning so Princess hasn't reacted to it yet.  It's just a matter of time before they do but it seems like it will change the days we will be in every port.  Or maybe the port schedule is wrong?  I kind of doubt it since April wasn't even published as of last week but we will find out soon enough!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DavidsNana said:

When I go on Princess.com and look up the itinerary for Enchanted that week, it now shows Roatan (Mahogany Bay) on the 29th and Costa Maya on the 1st, so it does look like they have switched ports for those two days.

Now, on our cruise on the Enchanted departing 13 April, we are supposed to be in Roatan (mahogany Bay) on April 16th, but the port schedule for Mahogany Bay (April - Posted above), does not list the Enchanted at all for that week.  So we may also be moving as well....?

8 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

When I go on Princess.com and look up the itinerary for Enchanted that week, it now shows Roatan (Mahogany Bay) on the 29th and Costa Maya on the 1st, so it does look like they have switched ports for those two days.

Now, on our cruise on the Enchanted departing 13 April, we are supposed to be in Roatan (mahogany Bay) on April 16th, but the port schedule for Mahogany Bay (April - Posted above), does not list the Enchanted at all for that week.  So we may also be moving as well....?

That is very odd.  I just now went back into the Personalizer and looked at both the Itinerary and Excursions (latter screenshot below).  No changes, still has Costa Maya on April 29th.

image.thumb.png.f9875c0916fca546683c1774b36c473f.png

Edited by azbirdmom

6 hours ago, nbsjcruiser said:

Got a strange email for our upcoming cruise on the Sky. It mentioned our excursion was incomplete. We had booked a beach day at Mahogany Bay. Looking at the itinerary (screenshot attached) it now says undefined. I know there's a huge Carnival ship in the same day we are. They've known for months that these two ships would be in the same time. I know they cancelled this port on the Regal not too long ago and to be honest, if they substitute a day at sea I'll be pizzed. I never would book this itinerary with 3 days at sea - not the Western. I'll make the best of it of course but it won't go down easy.

Thoughts? Anyone get note that there cruise changed?

image.thumb.png.6a1f4f824053ed4617d24f7b3223745c.png

First of all, I am wondering why you even booked an "Excursion/Beach Day" at Mahogany Bay. The ship is DOCKED at Mahogany Bay and you can just walk off the ship and walk to the beach or pay some ridiculous price to take the sky ride which will be maybe 3 minutes long.  

Because the Bay is so narrow, the ships that go to Mahogany Bay have to "back in" to dock. If the weather is bad or too windy, they sometimes have to cancel because they are unable to dock. 

We've been to Roatan at least 6 times and the beach at MB "looks" nice but we prefer docking at Coxen Hole and taking an excursion from there. So much easier and much better options in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As noted above, we (Feb 3 Sky) were also notified last night at 11:13 PM that MB was a no go. Our excursion was cancelled (and no refund yet) but we found a viator tour out of MB this morning. It's just a 15-17 minute transit from the Coxen pier to MB so we will adjust accordingly.

I agree it is ridiculous that Princess likely knew weeks ago this conflict existed and said nothing until now.

• Like 3

IMPORTANT NOTICES

Please be advised that due to cruise ship congestion in Roatan, Honduras, Sky Princess will now berth in Coxen Hole for our call to Roatan on Tuesday, February 6, 2024, rather than in Mahogany Bay as previously scheduled.

For guests with Princess shore excursions booked for Roatan, tours will be automatically rebooked out of Coxen Hole. If your tour cannot be accommodated, a refund will be issued to the original form of payment. The revised itinerary displays in full at the end of this notification. Thank you for your attention to this notification.

Itinerary Day Date Description Arrive Depart

Sat Feb 03 Fort Lauderdale 03:00P

Sun Feb 04 At Sea

Mon Feb 05 Cozumel 08:00A 05:00P

Tue Feb 06 Roatan (Coxen Hole) 09:00A 06:00P

Wed Feb 07 Belize City Water Shuttle Required Wheelchair Access Limited 07:00A 06:00P

Thu Feb 08 Costa Maya (Mahahual 07:00A 04:00P

Fri Feb 09 At Sea

Sat Feb 10 Fort Lauderdale 06:00A

IMPORTANT NOTICE: Upon booking the Cruise, each Passenger explicitly agrees to the terms of the Passage Contract ( https://www.princess.com/legal/passage_contract/pcl.html). Please read all sections carefully as they affect the passenger's legal rights, particularly with respect to cancellation

• Like 1