On our way to Tahiti

Sitting in SF Polaris lounge waiting to board for our Navigator tahiti trip( after a couple of nights at the intercontinental. 
Trying to eat and drink the cost of the biz class flights😀

I will probably add some comments about the cruise along the way, as long as that proves to be not too problematic

• Like 9

Arrived at Intercontinental with no issues, other than the 2 hour delay on the flight as RachelG posted about.  
We were really happy with the united flight, though it probably helped that we were able to take good advantage of the Polaris lounge first, so we didn’t really want much to drink on the flight. The food was really good, though. Pleasantly surprised. Finally watched Barbie(good), and Mrs Harris goes to Paris (loved that one). 
Yes, the humidity is a shock. Once we got checked in we took a good long stroll around the property which was very pleasant. Almost full moon added nicely to the atmosphere. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

@mj_holiday and @Gilly I will be on Mariner in March / April of 2025 Papeete to Bali.  Are either of you on that? 

Martha, segments of the WC?!  I hope so!  (see my reply in Rachel's thread 😉 )   And did I already know this?!  (duh)

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gilly said:

Martha, segments of the WC?!  I hope so!  (see my reply in Rachel's thread 😉 )   And did I already know this?!  (duh)

Yes, two segments of WC. My friend is doing the whole thing and I am joining her for South Pacific and Australia / New Zealand. 

What a treat to see you both onboard.

• Like 1

2 days ago we did the jeep tour on Moorea. We were fortunate to have only 6 in our jeep. Mata was our tour guide and driver. Kept us entertained throughout. We went from hot and sticky to totally drenched on the ride back to the ship. Enjoyed the whole thing and the cameraderie of the other two couples. 

Yesterday we were at Fakarava. Very skinny long strip of land in a crescent shape. We rented bikes which were very retro, which was great for me, having not ridden a bike in 25 years. It was glorious peddling along a very sparsely trafficked road by the gorgeous blue water.

. Strange how we see things differently- DH thought there really wasn’t much to see , while I was in heaven. After returning the bikes I walked back to a spot where people were snorkeling and went for a dip in the sea. There were some sharks swimming around, but I didn’t see them as I wasn’t actively looking. DH did though from the beach. I would say Fakarava is a magical place. Watching the Sun go down from the ship was a very special event. I am 😃 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, vegasdriven said:

Yesterday we were at Fakarava. Very skinny long strip of land in a crescent shape. We rented bikes which were very retro, which was great for me, having not ridden a bike in 25 years. It was glorious peddling along a very sparsely trafficked road by the gorgeous blue water.

. Strange how we see things differently- DH thought there really wasn’t much to see , while I was in heaven.

I saw Fakarava as you did and loved it when we visited a few years ago and would love to do a return visit. We swam in the beautiful clear sea, visited the shell church and then went up the hill to a small resort and had lunch which gave us access to their infinity pool. It was wonderful