Can I changed one name on the reservation ?

My wife and I are on an NCL cruise in March. I may have to start a new job and I I would miss the boat .Would NCl let me change the names on the reservation so my wife could take her sister instead ?

5 hours ago, tsmith6719 said:

My wife and I are on an NCL cruise in March. I may have to start a new job and I I would miss the boat .Would NCl let me change the names on the reservation so my wife could take her sister instead ?

It can be done, however, you would likely have a "change fee" added, since you are past final payment.

(You would request a "change of passenger", not, a change of names!)

For a cruise last January we did a name change (in December) no problems, no fees.

if you get an agent that tells you any different ask to speak to someone else. You are not cancelling!! You are simply changing names.  BTW the insurance went straight to the new named person.

Edited by cruisinmeme

8 hours ago, tsmith6719 said:

Name Changes

• Full name changes are allowed up to 90 days prior to sailing. 
  • A one-off, single name change is allowed from 89 days up to 15 days prior to sailing without penalty (with one original name remaining on the booking)
  • All Name changes made within 14 days to sailing will incur cancellation penalties as per the cancellation schedule
  • Name correction (e.g. spelling mistake) can be made anytime up to 48 hours prior sailing.
  • You cannot hold options or deposited bookings without guest names