Advice: Should I book with a travel agent vs directly with Princess?

dog

I think once you book with a travel agent, the calls and emails will stop (as they are not supposed to bother those with travel agents as travel agents are their bread and butter). I wonder if you call Princess and tell them you have an agent and want the calls to stop, they will.

• Thanks 1

We use a local TA but they are part of a large corporation (the automobile club one).  Any time they have left (retirement or moving to management) we have been notified and linked to another agent with an introduction.  They have been extremely responsive to any emails/calls.  I have only met the first one in person (out of 3), although we could meet with them if we chose.  I have always done my research before booking and know which cruise, cabin and price I am willing to pay.  My bookings are marked "no upgrade".  I have never received unwanted calls or emails from Princess.  I have, however, sailed with NCL and regularly get unwanted calls from them - very irritating.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dog said:

I am leaning towards a local TA, but what if they go out of business and have your booking?

I never used a TA however, “I believe”  Princess provides the TA with a booking number.  The TA has access to Princess website similar if you book directly online. If the TA goes out of business you can still access your Princess booking number and make final payment etc..

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1

A Lot depends on how much hand holding you need. I book with a membership big box agency that doesn't do much after taking your deposit and making the booking. If I see a fare drop I call them and they are happy to call Princess. In return I get a gift card of about 8-9% (of total fare) which I'm able to use. I do my own research before booking to see what cabin and prices are and they accommodate.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DHP1 said:

I never used a TA however, “I believe”  Princess provides the TA with a booking number.  The TA has access to Princess website similar if you book directly online. If the TA goes out of business you can still access your Princess booking number and make final payment etc..

Yes they do provide your TA with a booking number, but my last TA said she could not log into my personalizer.

1 hour ago, cjpj said:

In your Princess Account page turn off emails, etc.

image.thumb.png.33e0c05f62094354769482cddead9c85.png

I will try this!!!

Yay!! I did this! 

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dog said:

Yes they do provide your TA with a booking number, but my last TA said she could not log into my personalizer.

To log into your personalizer your TA requires your id and password. You can always log in and see your cruise that the TA has set up. 

1 hour ago, cjpj said:

In your Princess Account page turn off emails, etc.

image.thumb.png.33e0c05f62094354769482cddead9c85.png

I forgot about this feature. Thanks

Edited by DHP1
  • Like 1