118 days out, paid up, can’t make main dining ressies?

dizgal64

We are on sapphire May 25 to Alaska. They said I couldn’t make dining ressies until I was paid in full. So I did that , I’m almost a month ahead of when I had to. Anyway, I go to do it on the app and nothing really sticks. I put in all the search info but it doesn’t really do anything. So I call. She goes to do one and it says no available. She says it’s not because nothing is left. It’s because I am not 100 days or less to cruise. Is this correct? We are regular balcony room. No packages or reserve or suite, etc. TIA

Edited by dizgal64

I used the new app and booked dining over 300 days out and I haven't paid in full. This is supposedly not possible but every time I check, my reservations are still there. 🤷‍♂️

I mention this because I believe you should be able to regardless of how far out your cruise is.

Ok this REALLY worries me!! I DID call and the girl said there was no availability. And when I go on the app it says “Can’t load content”.

Could every single reservation be taken up? Mercy. And our 39th anniversary is the first night 😫

Edited by dizgal64

38 minutes ago, dizgal64 said:

Ok this REALLY worries me!! I DID call and the girl said there was no availability. And when I go on the app it says “Can’t load content”.

Could every single reservation be taken up? Mercy. And our 39th anniversary is the first night 😫

There has to be some other kind of error. Princess phone reps are notorious for making "stuff" up just to get you off the phone. Check on your cruise's Roll Call and see if others on your specific cruise are having difficulties.

3 hours ago, dizgal64 said:

Just under 140 to my cruise and check almost daily. Same error message.

38 minutes ago, Barry H said:

Elites are able to book dining anytime after booking. If not elite you may have to wait until final payment date (90 days out) before booking.

And Platinum level, as well.

2 hours ago, Barry H said:

Elites are able to book dining anytime after booking. If not elite you may have to wait until final payment date (90 days out) before booking.

I did pay it off. I then tried to book online and I called. No go. 

No to all. This is our first Princes, regular balcony. We did pay in full when we made our reservation in January. I have all

my specialty dinners and MDR times booked for the 3 cabins as we linked our bookings. All first timers on PCL and no suites. I made them on the app and I have been changing times around as I read different cc suggestions. We sail on Emerald in June.

2 hours ago, tulok said:

No to all. This is our first Princes, regular balcony. We did pay in full when we made our reservation in January. I have all

my specialty dinners and MDR times booked for the 3 cabins as we linked our bookings. All first timers on PCL and no suites. I made them on the app and I have been changing times around as I read different cc suggestions. We sail on Emerald in June.

Just wondering if you’ve tried the last 3 days. I’ve been able to do nothing. 

about half an hour ago I was able to call and they made them for me. Yesterday they couldn’t. Whatever. We are linked with another couple. After I saw our reservations on the app I noticed it wasn’t for 4 of us. It was just the two of us. When I went to add shipmates it had that couple listed 4 times. (8 extra people instead of 2) lol so if I edited the reservation it would be for 10 people. It wouldn’t let me pick only 2. Back to the phone I went. Got it straightened out but she was surprised the app didn’t show the new ressies. I signed out, closed the app. Nope. Then I powered down my phone. Nope. When I was on the phone with her she said maybe it needs more time. 
Gotta say, this is my 2nd Princess cruise and I’m not too impressed. We’ve had many issues, my BIL on for hours. Person told him to download the app…it was the wrong one. Some bigger issues on our last cruise. Hmm Princess and HA pretty much rule Alaska so I think I’ll be glad we went with them but after that, don’t think I need to book again. This is our 4th company, 10th cruise so it’s not like we have no experience. 

• Like 1

@dizgal64yes the app is terrible, then you have to call customer service which can make it worse. I was on chat, phone and app all at the same time trying to get them to correct the medallion shipped to me instead of pier pick up.

Even though they had us green lane. 

No I haven’t tried to edit reservations in a few days. I think last Wednesday was the last time.

23 minutes ago, tulok said:

@dizgal64yes the app is terrible, then you have to call customer service which can make it worse. I was on chat, phone and app all at the same time trying to get them to correct the medallion shipped to me instead of pier pick up.

Even though they had us green lane. 

No I haven’t tried to edit reservations in a few days. I think last Wednesday was the last time.

Ok. Thank you. 

maybe these cruise companies need to stop making ships and concentrate on a good app! Haha 

• Like 2

I did a quick scan back through the thread...maybe somebody already suggested this (if so, apologies...I missed it.)  Have you tried using the "web version" of the app which can be found in your cruise personalizer?  Use a desktop/laptop/tablet and log into Princess.com and get into your booking.  Open the cruise personalizer and on the very first tab that comes up (Summary tab...NOT Dining) scroll down just a bit until you see this:

web version.jpg

This is the ONLY way that I do dining reservations...in my opinion it is SO much easier to see your schedule and work with the reservation options.

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I did a quick scan back through the thread...maybe somebody already suggested this (if so, apologies...I missed it.)  Have you tried using the "web version" of the app which can be found in your cruise personalizer?  Use a desktop/laptop/tablet and log into Princess.com and get into your booking.  Open the cruise personalizer and on the very first tab that comes up (Summary tab...NOT Dining) scroll down just a bit until you see this:

web version.jpg

This is the ONLY way that I do dining reservations...in my opinion it is SO much easier to see your schedule and work with the reservation options.

This worked for me. I am 166 days out - only "gold and balcony". I couldn't make reservations on the app on my phone.  I tried the "web version" on my laptop and was able to make all of my reservations and now I can see them in the app on my phone. I hope this helps!

I recently booked a 16 Day Hawaii cruise that is 350 days away; however, the app allowed me to make MDR reservations. I think it could be a glitch because I have only paid the $200 refundable deposit. I am not holding my breath for the reservations to remain.

Edited by hatchda

We booked a cruise last week for Feb 2026 and have already made our MDR and specialty dining reservations (739 days till we sail as of today). This reservation is in a Reserve Class mini-suite with the Premier package (which includes 2 specialty dinners). We have only paid the deposit at this point.  I suspect being RC may play a role.

On the flip side, our Feb 2025 sailing on the Sun is not available to make dining reservations yet.  However the Sun isn't sailing yet, we are in a cabana-mini (not RC) but do have the Premier pkg.  Also only paid the deposit thus far. I don't think we'll be able to make reservations on this cruise until we are paid in full.

I was able  to book in the MDR for our cruise in August and I have't paid in full yet. But I must admit I'm Platinum so that is probably why I was able. I made the booking through the Princess chat on their website. On another note, are the SD restaurants charged right away on your credit card or will it only show on your account?

11 minutes ago, HMSDingy said:

I was able  to book in the MDR for our cruise in August and I have't paid in full yet. But I must admit I'm Platinum so that is probably why I was able. I made the booking through the Princess chat on their website. On another note, are the SD restaurants charged right away on your credit card or will it only show on your account?

We have been able to book SD without paying in advance.  When booking through the app it shows the price and then an adjustment for our Premier Pkg (or suite on our last cruise) and then had a zero balance.

Just now, MTNest93 said:

We have been able to book SD without paying in advance.  When booking through the app it shows the price and then an adjustment for our Premier Pkg (or suite on our last cruise) and then had a zero balance.

That's because you have a Premier package but what if one doesn't?

• Like 1