Questions on the Volendam

tigger54

30 minutes ago, Desert Cruisers said:

We sailed to South America on the Volendam in 2019.  Same problems back then.  Add in major flooding on our deck, missing tiles in public restrooms, etc.  Volendam's issues have nothing to do with leaving balcony doors open, repositioning to a new climate, etc.  Bottomline is that HAL doesn't want to spend the $ needed to upgrade this ship.

It's now 2024, five years later.  DH and I are booked on the Volendam in November.  I would hate to think that HAL hasn't fixed such serious issues in all this time.

If that's the case, someone who's been on that ship recently, please tell me before my final payment date in July.  😟

32 minutes ago, islandwoman said:

It's now 2024, five years later.  DH and I are booked on the Volendam in November.  I would hate to think that HAL hasn't fixed such serious issues in all this time.

If that's the case, someone who's been on that ship recently, please tell me before my final payment date in July.  😟

Rich @richwmn is currently on the Volendam and doing a LIVE thread.  I’ve seen only good comments on the ship to the best of my recollection.

I’ll be on her in April and will report my experiences.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, farjar said:

Am I correct in assuming inside cabins on the Zaandam won't have a mini frig either since it is a sister ship to the Volendam?  What is the daily rental fee and how would we prebook one?

You are correct, fridges only installed in cabins that have a balcony. I rented through my PCC; if you booked direct, try Ships Services or just dial the general number and let them direct the call. In 2018, I believe the price was $5/day. Don't know since startup. 

Be aware they are not refrigerators but coolers, similar to many home wine "fridges", thermo-something. If you have medications, for example, they want you to keep them at the infirmary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kathyrd said:

do the Volendam Neptune suites have a shower cube or is it only in the tub? Thank you

Here is a picture of the tub shower in a Neptune Suite and a diagram of the suite. 

1771-1.webp

VolDel700-99665-1540923361.webp

Edited by terrydtx

9 minutes ago, Kathyrd said:

Thank you

Glad I could help. We will be on the Volendam in August in a Vista Suite. Our first HAL Cruise was on her in 2007.