CPAP Distilled water

No charge.  In the app (or the "web version") there is a section to make the request.  I forget exactly where this is, but it is in the same section where you post about food allergies & such.  To be honest, a couple of times I think I forgot to make the request and I just said something to the room steward.  He brought a gallon very shortly.  It's a very common request so I don't think they give it a second thought.

41 minutes ago, california mike said:

How do you notify princess you will need distilled water? Is there a charge?

In the Cruise Personalizer, click on "Check-In."   There should be a blue line "Dietary Requests" under your name.  Click on that and check the box for "Distilled water (for CPAP machine use ONLY)"

Princess does not charge a fee for distilled water.

Per Princess:

"Note that for US domestic sailings, advance requests must be received no later than 35 days prior to sailing date. For international sailings, advance requests must be received no later than 65 days prior to sailing. For late requests, we cannot guarantee availability onboard."

Edited by Daniel A
  • Like 1

When I requested distilled water, the website says  "Thanks for submitting your dietary request to Princess Cruises. You will receive a confirmation of your request within 10 business days."  
I never got an email and every time I return to the cruise personalizer, distilled water  is not selected.
Anyone have a similar experience?  Should I have received an email?

1 hour ago, Quiltr said:

When I requested distilled water, the website says  "Thanks for submitting your dietary request to Princess Cruises. You will receive a confirmation of your request within 10 business days."  
I never got an email and every time I return to the cruise personalizer, distilled water  is not selected.
Anyone have a similar experience?  Should I have received an email?

Yes you should have.  Something hasn't been working.  I have always submitted the request for distilled water for both my DH and I right after booking a cruise.  Within days I get the email and i see it listed on the Travel Summary.  I did the same when I booked our April 2024 cruise in November 2023.  I didn't see anything after a couple of weeks so I resubmitted it.  Nothing still so have sent it a third time.  Something sure seems broken.  Would rather deal with it onboard than deal with the phone CSRs but will probably give it one more try before we give up.

1 hour ago, Quiltr said:

The website does not "remember" your selection for that. You *should* get an email but if you don't it's not a big deal...just ask your room steward.  There's no charge for it so they don't care. 

When you enter the request it specifically asks for your email so you should get a response (states within 10 days). As stated this needs to be entered for each cruise, it is not saved.  After you get the email confirmation it does appear on your travel summary.  The water has been in the room when we board.

IMG_1206.png

Edited by t&atravel
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

The water has been in the room when we board.

This has been the *usual* situation for us...but the past couple of cruises I've had to ask for it.  Again...no big deal since they provide it for free.

I only see a need for the distilled water in an environment where it is extremely dry. For the most part home or traveling I just leave the chamber empty.  I have been doing this for over 15 years

49 minutes ago, memoak said:

I only see a need for the distilled water in an environment where it is extremely dry. For the most part home or traveling I just leave the chamber empty.  I have been doing this for over 15 years

You obviously don't use a CPAP...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

You obviously don't use a CPAP...

Yes I do and have for a long time. It works just fine without any water. That’s why the companies sell caps you can use instead of the water chamber. Just ask resmed

Edited by memoak

From another social media site:

You can ask your cabin steward for an extension cord and distilled water when you board, but it’s better if you pre-order them. That way you’re sure they will be there waiting for you in your cabin when you board. Either way, it’s free of charge.

To pre-order an extension cord and distilled water for a CPAP machine, go to the Princess website then click on “Booked Guests” at the top of the page.

Log into your account using either your login credentials or your booking number.

Once you’re logged in, click on “Access Cruise Personalizer”.

Select “Check-In”, then scroll down to the “Guest Check-in Status” section.

Click on “Dietary Requests”, and tick the box next to “Distilled water (for CPAP machine use ONLY)”.

Then click on the “Send Dietary Restriction” button.

Your distilled water and an approved extension cord will be waiting for you in your cabin when you board. If it’s not there, check with your room steward.

I ALWAYS pack a long (12 ft.) non-surge protected extension cord with my CPAP machine in case they don’t have one available.

PrincessCPAPCordandAdapter.thumb.png.24ee2fa97feb00b1c5aa61f41010f60a.png

When we sailed on the Emerald last August, our steward noticed we had a CPAP and there was a gallon of distilled water in the room when we came back from dinner on the first day. (Hubby actually doesn't use it) Been on a CPAP for 20+ years and has never used the water feature.

2 hours ago, clkelley said:

When we sailed on the Emerald last August, our steward noticed we had a CPAP and there was a gallon of distilled water in the room when we came back from dinner on the first day. (Hubby actually doesn't use it) Been on a CPAP for 20+ years and has never used the water feature.

Same here

13 hours ago, milogurd said:

From another social media site:

You can ask your cabin steward for an extension cord and distilled water when you board, but it’s better if you pre-order them. That way you’re sure they will be there waiting for you in your cabin when you board. Either way, it’s free of charge.

To pre-order an extension cord and distilled water for a CPAP machine, go to the Princess website then click on “Booked Guests” at the top of the page.

Log into your account using either your login credentials or your booking number.

Once you’re logged in, click on “Access Cruise Personalizer”.

Select “Check-In”, then scroll down to the “Guest Check-in Status” section.

Click on “Dietary Requests”, and tick the box next to “Distilled water (for CPAP machine use ONLY)”.

Then click on the “Send Dietary Restriction” button.

Your distilled water and an approved extension cord will be waiting for you in your cabin when you board. If it’s not there, check with your room steward.

I have pre-ordered the distilled water on Princess many times and I have never had an extension cord provided in the cabin too.  I know you can ask your steward for one, but they don't always have one available.  You're right to bring your own.

For me, I want the water.  Sometimes when travelling, the water tank is just about empty in the morning and in other locations it's 2/3 full in the morning.  So, obviously my body is using the water in some climes and in others not as much.  There has always been some back and forth over whether or not the humidifier is needed.  I'd just as soon not take a chance on drying out my nasal passages.  The best thing to do is consult your sleep therapy MD.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I have pre-ordered the distilled water on Princess many times and I have never had an extension cord provided in the cabin too.  I know you can ask your steward for one, but they don't always have one available.  You're right to bring your own.

I always use the outlet(s) that are "hidden" behind the bed with an appropriate adapter.  (They're *usually* two prong "European" style.)  After the very first cruise that I did where they supplied an industrial rated construction cord that had to be run across the floor (aka "trip hazard"!) I was determined to never be faced with that situation again!  I carry a small baggy with several travel adapters and have yet to come up short.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I always use the outlet(s) that are "hidden" behind the bed with an appropriate adapter.  (They're *usually* two prong "European" style.)  After the very first cruise that I did where they supplied an industrial rated construction cord that had to be run across the floor (aka "trip hazard"!) I was determined to never be faced with that situation again!  I carry a small baggy with several travel adapters and have yet to come up short.

I have my own extension cord that I can put behind the pillows if the connections are on the wrong side