PV beach day

nadeki

I have used the search feature with no luck. 

Can anyone recommend a beach day for our port stop in PV? I don’t mind if it is connected through a hotel etc. I can’t seem to get information. 

thank you 

1 hour ago, nadeki said:

I have used the search feature with no luck. 

Can anyone recommend a beach day for our port stop in PV? I don’t mind if it is connected through a hotel etc. I can’t seem to get information. 

thank you 

Interested too.  I’m looking at the Holiday inn and Hotel Tropicana.  They are both about $85 for a night , but don’t have day dates-  need to see if they will work with me. Other option is Sapphire Beach Club- $20pp - beach chairs, umbrellas and pool/bar.  Any other ideas?? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Interested too.  I’m looking at the Holiday inn and Hotel Tropicana.  They are both about $85 for a night , but don’t have day dates-  need to see if they will work with me. Other option is Sapphire Beach Club- $20pp - beach chairs, umbrellas and pool/bar.  Any other ideas?? 

A bunch of options: 

https://www.resortpass.com/hotel-day-passes/Puerto-Vallarta-501

https://www.resortforaday.com/destinations/puerto-vallarta-day-pass/

Resort pass also has options in Punta Mita which is about an hour up the road but the resorts there was VASTLY nicer than what you get in PV proper-- the St Regis day pass is a great value considering the quality of the resort. 

Also Marriott day rate code (will cover Marriott and Westin in PV) is "ZDY". 

Worth noting that the beaches in PV are very ok. Nothing to write home about and full of jettys. Pools are more important in the decision process here. 

• Like 1

PV:  I would just find a nice beachfront restaurant on Playa Los Muertos at which to eat, drink and relax for a couple of hours.  But I limit my beach time and don't need a full day.

• Like 1

Holiday Inn in Puerto Vallarta is NOT on a beach. 

Westin, Marriott are a short cab drive from the cruise terminal.

Playa los Muertes is in old town Vallarta, about 20 minutes by cab. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 8:55 PM, Mike45LC said:

PV:  I would just find a nice beachfront restaurant on Playa Los Muertos at which to eat, drink and relax for a couple of hours.  But I limit my beach time and don't need a full day.

We practically live on Los Muertos spending a few hours, every day, on that beach with our own chairs/umbrella,  There are quite a few options for food/beach with some charging nothing for a chair (as long as you buy food/drink) and others having a fee.  There are restaurants in different price ranges.  You could simply stop at the Sea Monkey (under our PV home) and try to get one of their beach tables.  Beer/Margaritas are relatively inexpensive and there is plenty of food options.  An alternative is to simply keep walking south (towards the pier and beyond) where you will see many restaurants.  Check out the menus, talk to the staff, and make your decision.  For a higher-end meal there are places like La Palapa where you can get very good food for a price.  We would have no problem eating food at any of the southside (Romantic Zone) restaurants that are along Los Muertos.  

Hank

• Like 1

We've booked the Princess excursion to Las Caletas. It's a private beach. There is a catamaran to get you there and drinks are included on the ride to the beach. Once at the beach drinks and lunch are included. It's a relaxing day with food and drinks - beer, wine, liquor, soda, water, etc - included. We did it quite a few years ago and had a great day so we are doing it again in April. We've done the "beach at a hotel" thing in the past and found it to be not our thing.