PV beach day

nadeki

I have used the search feature with no luck. 

Can anyone recommend a beach day for our port stop in PV? I don’t mind if it is connected through a hotel etc. I can’t seem to get information. 

thank you 

1 hour ago, nadeki said:

I have used the search feature with no luck. 

Can anyone recommend a beach day for our port stop in PV? I don’t mind if it is connected through a hotel etc. I can’t seem to get information. 

thank you 

Interested too.  I’m looking at the Holiday inn and Hotel Tropicana.  They are both about $85 for a night , but don’t have day dates-  need to see if they will work with me. Other option is Sapphire Beach Club- $20pp - beach chairs, umbrellas and pool/bar.  Any other ideas?? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, L1211 said:

Interested too.  I’m looking at the Holiday inn and Hotel Tropicana.  They are both about $85 for a night , but don’t have day dates-  need to see if they will work with me. Other option is Sapphire Beach Club- $20pp - beach chairs, umbrellas and pool/bar.  Any other ideas?? 

A bunch of options: 

https://www.resortpass.com/hotel-day-passes/Puerto-Vallarta-501

https://www.resortforaday.com/destinations/puerto-vallarta-day-pass/

Resort pass also has options in Punta Mita which is about an hour up the road but the resorts there was VASTLY nicer than what you get in PV proper-- the St Regis day pass is a great value considering the quality of the resort. 

Also Marriott day rate code (will cover Marriott and Westin in PV) is "ZDY". 

Worth noting that the beaches in PV are very ok. Nothing to write home about and full of jettys. Pools are more important in the decision process here. 

• Like 1

PV:  I would just find a nice beachfront restaurant on Playa Los Muertos at which to eat, drink and relax for a couple of hours.  But I limit my beach time and don't need a full day.

• Like 2

Holiday Inn in Puerto Vallarta is NOT on a beach. 

Westin, Marriott are a short cab drive from the cruise terminal.

Playa los Muertes is in old town Vallarta, about 20 minutes by cab. 

• Like 1

On 1/31/2024 at 8:55 PM, Mike45LC said:

PV:  I would just find a nice beachfront restaurant on Playa Los Muertos at which to eat, drink and relax for a couple of hours.  But I limit my beach time and don't need a full day.

We practically live on Los Muertos spending a few hours, every day, on that beach with our own chairs/umbrella,  There are quite a few options for food/beach with some charging nothing for a chair (as long as you buy food/drink) and others having a fee.  There are restaurants in different price ranges.  You could simply stop at the Sea Monkey (under our PV home) and try to get one of their beach tables.  Beer/Margaritas are relatively inexpensive and there is plenty of food options.  An alternative is to simply keep walking south (towards the pier and beyond) where you will see many restaurants.  Check out the menus, talk to the staff, and make your decision.  For a higher-end meal there are places like La Palapa where you can get very good food for a price.  We would have no problem eating food at any of the southside (Romantic Zone) restaurants that are along Los Muertos.  

Hank

• Like 2

We've booked the Princess excursion to Las Caletas. It's a private beach. There is a catamaran to get you there and drinks are included on the ride to the beach. Once at the beach drinks and lunch are included. It's a relaxing day with food and drinks - beer, wine, liquor, soda, water, etc - included. We did it quite a few years ago and had a great day so we are doing it again in April. We've done the "beach at a hotel" thing in the past and found it to be not our thing.

• 6 months later...

Commenting here because I'd love Hank or others to chime in!

I am also searching for a beach day in PV and chose to book 6 lounge chairs/umbrellas/tables at El Dorado Beach Club & Restaurant. $500 pesos per person which is credited towards food and beverage purchases. 

I'd love to know if others have been recently or think this is a good idea? I have plenty of time to cancel and look for a Plan B!

Thanks!

On 2/2/2024 at 4:11 PM, Thrak said:

We've booked the Princess excursion to Las Caletas. It's a private beach. There is a catamaran to get you there and drinks are included on the ride to the beach. Once at the beach drinks and lunch are included. It's a relaxing day with food and drinks - beer, wine, liquor, soda, water, etc - included. We did it quite a few years ago and had a great day so we are doing it again in April. We've done the "beach at a hotel" thing in the past and found it to be not our thing.

Hello Thrak,  we're thinking of booking this excursion for our fall cruise to Mexico.  Was your 2nd visit as good as your first?  Do you know if the price includes snorkeling gear? Are there tables and chairs for seating and eating lunch?  I see lots of hammocks in photos but dont think I could get myself into one without rolling right out Lol

2 hours ago, Therese S. said:

Hello Thrak,  we're thinking of booking this excursion for our fall cruise to Mexico.  Was your 2nd visit as good as your first?  Do you know if the price includes snorkeling gear? Are there tables and chairs for seating and eating lunch?  I see lots of hammocks in photos but dont think I could get myself into one without rolling right out Lol

I can't answer about snorkeling gear. No idea as I don't do that. There was a buffet and a number of small tables where we could sit to eat. There were chairs on the beach as well. We wanted to check out the Mezcal tasting and the wine tasting but, after doing the Mezcal tasting they told us we couldn't do both. Poop. My wife had a ball in the water and I had a good time watching her and enjoying my beach chair and drinks. I rarely get in the water other than to wade a bit and have never used a pool onboard but my wife uses the pools and loves the water. We had a great day that seemed to be over faster than it should. We found ourselves asking where the time went. We would have stayed longer if we could.

5 hours ago, Thrak said:

I can't answer about snorkeling gear. No idea as I don't do that. There was a buffet and a number of small tables where we could sit to eat. There were chairs on the beach as well. We wanted to check out the Mezcal tasting and the wine tasting but, after doing the Mezcal tasting they told us we couldn't do both. Poop. My wife had a ball in the water and I had a good time watching her and enjoying my beach chair and drinks. I rarely get in the water other than to wade a bit and have never used a pool onboard but my wife uses the pools and loves the water. We had a great day that seemed to be over faster than it should. We found ourselves asking where the time went. We would have stayed longer if we could.

Thank you Thrak,  sounds like a perfect way to spend the day.  Nice to know about the Mezcal tasting, will have to at least try a sip.   I too love the water and husband usually sits and enjoys the drinks and food.  

16 hours ago, Therese S. said:

Thank you Thrak,  sounds like a perfect way to spend the day.  Nice to know about the Mezcal tasting, will have to at least try a sip.   I too love the water and husband usually sits and enjoys the drinks and food.  

When we did the Mezcal tasting they offered a "bite" of something with each type. My wife and I were the only ones to try the roasted crickets. 😁

• Haha 1