Icon - Unlimited Dining

I have been watching the reports from the first cruises and am I missing something or is there little value in the UDP for this ship?  It looks like unless you want to repeat the few specialties included multiple nights (only Chops, Izumi Sushi, Giovanni's and Hooked appear to be included) that you will struggle to get value.  There is a discount for the Supper Club and Izumi Hibachi, but by the time you add the up charges, I'm struggling to see the value vs the Quantum class ships. No Central Park, no Wonderland and no Mason Jar (I know that's only on Wonder).  Combine that with all the extra free options added to this ship (which you'd have to skip in favor of repeating the above) and it seems like a big miss to me.

Am I missing something?  Have they perhaps added more a la carte credits (beyond Playmakers) for Icon?

They did focus more on free or cheaper options and I agree that means the udp has less value than on another ships. 

Giving more free options that are available even very late doesn't seem like a miss to me though. 

Edited by SUgwoz

The ala carte places included are Izumi Sushi (not Izumi in the Park), Basecamp upcharges and Pier 7. Giovannis Wine Bar snacks and Trellis Bar snacks are not included.

No other new specialty dining. We canceled our UDP onboard and have been partaking of mostly complimentary items and Coastal Kitchen instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

I have been watching the reports from the first cruises and am I missing something or is there little value in the UDP for this ship?  It looks like unless you want to repeat the few specialties included multiple nights (only Chops, Izumi Sushi, Giovanni's and Hooked appear to be included) that you will struggle to get value.  There is a discount for the Supper Club and Izumi Hibachi, but by the time you add the up charges, I'm struggling to see the value vs the Quantum class ships. No Central Park, no Wonderland and no Mason Jar (I know that's only on Wonder).  Combine that with all the extra free options added to this ship (which you'd have to skip in favor of repeating the above) and it seems like a big miss to me.

Am I missing something?  Have they perhaps added more a la carte credits (beyond Playmakers) for Icon?

Go on the smaller ships  where there are even fewer selections.  Hibachi is included, just like other ships it has a small up charge.

This is about the same as Quantum class, less than Oasis and more than the rest of the Fleet. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

19 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

The ala carte places included are Izumi Sushi (not Izumi in the Park), Basecamp upcharges and Pier 7. Giovannis Wine Bar snacks and Trellis Bar snacks are not included.

How is a la carte working now with the UDP.  Is it $20/day total or just per venue?

22 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

No other new specialty dining. We canceled our UDP onboard and have been partaking of mostly complimentary items and Coastal Kitchen instead.

I heard basecamp was not included and was confirmed by someone currently onboard. Was that report not true?

21 hours ago, acuprulez said:

Does star class get everything except ESC?

No Celebration Table. No Izumi in the Park. No Desserted. 

That could change. I know some Star folks had a pow-wow with one of the officers this morning to give feedback. 

3 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

How is a la carte working now with the UDP.  Is it $20/day total or just per venue?

Still $20 at each venue once a day. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

No Celebration Table. No Izumi in the Park. No Desserted. 

That could change. I know some Star folks had a pow-wow with one of the officers this morning to give feedback. 

That's crazy (although celebration table makes sense since it's essentially a corporate/private rental space not a food venue per say).  Weird that you can get izumi but the takeout version is different for some reason?

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Correct.

I was referring to the non-complimentary options at Basecamp being included in the UDP. An earlier poster in this thread said that it was included with the a la carte credit, but others have said it isn't. Just trying to figure out what the accurate answer is.

I would be curious a time goes on how the Empire Supper Club is faring. If it gets fully booked nightly and/or if UDP folks are coughing up an extra $130.  Right now doesn't seem worth anything more than 150 Central on other ships.  We might go 3 meal UDP and then explore other complimentary venues unless MDR starts getting raves and good selections.

23 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

I would be curious a time goes on how the Empire Supper Club is faring. If it gets fully booked nightly and/or if UDP folks are coughing up an extra $130.  Right now doesn't seem worth anything more than 150 Central on other ships.  We might go 3 meal UDP and then explore other complimentary venues unless MDR starts getting raves and good selections.

I just checked availability of Empire Supper Club for our Icon cruise next month (March 9th, 2024). Every night is still available... We have the UDP and have decided to pass...