Hawaii 2025 What is up????

I am booked on Celebrity for the TP in April 2025, there are two ships that are supposed to be downunder, the Quantum and the Ovation.  I am booked on the Quantum, but it has no TP activity, for April, but it is in Alaska in May.  How does it get from the South Pacific to Alaska, nothing for sail.  I booked the Ovation from Hawaii to Vancouver at the end of April, but it is now not showing, nor is the TP that I decided I liked the Celebrity itinerary better.  

What’s is going on with those two ships.  My Ovation Roll Call think the sailing is cancelled, but I don’t think anyone knows.  It still shows in my cruise planner.

jc

Firstly, Quantum and Ovation are Royal Caribbean ships, not Celebrity and Quantum hasn’t opened for 2025 TP bookings.

I’m on Explorer right now and went to next cruise to book either Quantum or Ovation TP.  Quantum hasn’t been released yet and will be available in the next few weeks. 
Ovation is in the system but ‘down for maintenance’. I asked if this meant it was being cancelled and he said no, the HI to Vancouver cruise is still available.  He said it should be viable again soon. 

Edited by joandian

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I booked the Ovation from Hawaii to Vancouver at the end of April, but it is now not showing,

The Hawaii Vancouver leg is showing for me but the TP is no where to be found.  But you are right...

image.thumb.png.79aa4a134d35beb22cfa18d4456e19c4.png

Quantum has vanished. Could there be a dry dock?  

Edited by Tree_skier

39 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

The Hawaii Vancouver leg is showing for me but the TP is no where to be found.  But you are right...

image.thumb.png.79aa4a134d35beb22cfa18d4456e19c4.png

Quantum has vanished. Could there be a dry dock?  

Quantum dry dock is in Singapore this November, which is why there's no TP from Hawaii - Brisbane this year. The Ovation Hawaii - Vancouver which you've screenshotted will almost certainly be either cancelled or swapped to Quantum, as Ovation is not doing Alaska in 2025. Rumours in Australia are Ovation could be heading back to Asia. Quantum is showing up in the Sydney port bookings for a one off in mid-April 2025, so may well be doing Brisbane-Sydney-Hawaii for her TP.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, joandian said:

Firstly, Quantum and Ovation are Royal Caribbean ships, not Celebrity and Quantum hasn’t opened for 2025 TP bookings.

I’m on Explorer right now and went to next cruise to book either Quantum or Ovation TP.  Quantum hasn’t been released yet and will be available in the next few weeks. 
Ovation is in the system but ‘down for maintenance’. I asked if this meant it was being cancelled and he said no, the HI to Vancouver cruise is still available.  He said it should be viable again soon. 

Ok, so I am not booked on the Celebrity Solstice, departing Brisbane to Honolulu?  I have a reservation number, and I can see it in the cruise planner, and I can buy a drink package, but not booked. 🤣

So, far I am going with Jimbo’s answer.  🤣

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ScottishRobbie said:

Quantum dry dock is in Singapore this November, which is why there's no TP from Hawaii - Brisbane this year. The Ovation Hawaii - Vancouver which you've screenshotted will almost certainly be either cancelled or swapped to Quantum, as Ovation is not doing Alaska in 2025. Rumours in Australia are Ovation could be heading back to Asia. Quantum is showing up in the Sydney port bookings for a one off in mid-April 2025, so may well be doing Brisbane-Sydney-Hawaii for her TP.

This makes way more sense than even Jimbo’s answer.🤣  I guess I need to back up 9 days from the first Alaska Quantum sailing to seen when it is leaving Hawaii, that I am going to be force onto, and then look at the date I am going to getting off the last scheduled Quantum sailing.  I am pretty sure that this is not qoing to get me to Vancouver and on the Celebrity ship, so, I am guessing I will lose the Ovation sailing, because I want to spend time in Hawaii at end of the cruise, and the Celebrity sailing is 5 days after the last Quantum sailing, and I am planning on spending 5 days driving from Brisbane to Sydney.   Not to mention 17 days without a FlowRider and a drink package could ruin my health.  

I don’t like it, but it confirms my own fears.  😂

jc

18 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Ok, so I am not booked on the Celebrity Solstice, departing Brisbane to Honolulu?  I have a reservation number, and I can see it in the cruise planner, and I can buy a drink package, but not booked. 🤣

So, far I am going with Jimbo’s answer.  🤣

you said in your post that you are booked on Quantum. Didn’t mention solstice. 

Ovation TP is cancelled.  Guests in Australia received an email with options including being switched to Quantum, although Quantum TP hadn’t yet been released to the public as yet.  

Ovation must be heading East because I just booked Hi to Vancouver on her yesterday. 

here are the emails re Ovation cancelation. 

IMG_5323.jpeg

IMG_5322.jpeg

6 minutes ago, joandian said:

you said in your post that you are booked on Quantum. Didn’t mention solstice. 

I mentioned I was booked on the Celebrity TP.  The other Celebrity TP is the Edge, it leaves 11 days later and does an itinerary, I have done multiple times.  The Solstice itinerary is mostly unique to me.

Hence why I am foregoing a FlowRider ship and replacing it with a better itinerary and a drink package.😂

6 minutes ago, joandian said:

Ovation TP is cancelled.  Guests in Australia received an email with options including being switched to Quantum, although Quantum TP hadn’t yet been released to the public as yet.  

Ovation must be heading East because I just booked Hi to Vancouver on her yesterday. 

here are the emails re Ovation cancelation. 

IMG_5323.jpeg

IMG_5322.jpeg

Much better information here.  😉  Although to expect a ship to not do the TP and then do the Honolulu to Vancouver sailing seems way too optimistic to me.😂  If we both actually do the Ovation from Honolulu on April 29, I will buy you a drink.  Let us know what the April 8th itinerary is when they let you know.  I am desperate for that information.  😘

jc

We’ve just received the cancellation noticed for Ovation , Hawaii to Vancouver April 2025.  No other offers being made and just advising to contact the travel agent .  Very unhappy.

We are booked on Celebrity Solstice, Sydney to Hawaii for the first leg of the journey, was due to spend 4 nights in Hawaii and then join Ovation to Vancouver.  Totally confused now as what to do.  Appreciate any advice.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Madame Romana said:

We’ve just received the cancellation noticed for Ovation , Hawaii to Vancouver April 2025.  No other offers being made and just advising to contact the travel agent .  Very unhappy.

We are booked on Celebrity Solstice, Sydney to Hawaii for the first leg of the journey, was due to spend 4 nights in Hawaii and then join Ovation to Vancouver.  Totally confused now as what to do.  Appreciate any advice.

They didn't offer to move you to Quantum?

Here is my OV cancellation email:

Dear Guest,

Due to an adjustment in our itinerary planning, our upcoming April 29th, 2025 9-night Hawaii sailing onboard Ovation of the Seas has unfortunately been cancelled.

Quantum of the Seas will now take Ovation of the Seas’ place sailing an 8-Night Hawaii Cruise departing April 28th, 2025, from Honolulu, Hawaii and disembarking in Vancouver, British Columbia. With a similar itinerary and length of sailing, we have automatically moved your reservation to the new 8-Night Quantum of the Seas sailing in your original stateroom category, for the same price as your 9-Night Ovation of the Seas cruise.

Your holiday is important to us. While we’re confident you’ll have an amazing time onboard Quantum of the Seas and enjoy many of the same features as Ovation of the Seas, we still want you to have the flexibility to make the best decision for you and those in your party. Below, we’ve outlined your options along with a few additional details.

Option 1: Automatically move to the new 8-Night Hawaii Cruise onboard Quantum of the Seas, departing April 28th, 2025:

• Sailing from Honolulu, Hawaii and disembarking in Vancouver, British Columbia visiting:
    • Kailua Kona, Hawaii | and Napali Coast, Kuai, Hawaii (Scenic Cruising)

What you’ll receive: 

• We’ll automatically move you to the Quantum of the Seas sailing departing on April 28th, 2025. So, there’s nothing for you to do!
  • We’ll move you to a like-for-like stateroom and your original stateroom category price will be prorated for the change in sailing nights, and any overage will be refunded. This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities (where applicable), and other non-cruise fare items. 
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment within 14 business days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing

• If you prefer to re-book another sailing, we’ll waive any non-refundable deposit change fees.
  • Please know, you’ll be responsible for any difference in pricing for your cruise fare, taxes, fees, gratuities (where applicable), and other non-cruise fare items. 
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference.

Option 3: If you can’t find a new itinerary that works for you and choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go, but hope you’ll come back soon. You’ll receive: 

• A full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare (including non-refundable deposits) and any pre-paid amenities to the original form of payment.
    • If you used a Future Cruise Credit on this sailing, and you request a refund instead, we’ll refund any NEW funds paid above the certificate amount, and we’ll reinstate your original certificate.  
  • If you booked your airfare through Royal Caribbean International, it will be automatically refunded to you. However, if you booked on your own, please contact the service provider directly for your options with them.
  • Please note, if you choose this option, we will not provide additional compensation.

Any refunds due will be credited to your original form of payment within 14 business days after your decision – kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

It’s important to us that you find the best cruise option. Please contact us no later than February 20th, 2024, to let us know if you no longer wish to retain your booking on the new Quantum of the Seas April 28th, 2025, sailing, otherwise we’ll automatically confirm your acceptance of Option 1 on February 20th. If you decide to go with Option 2 or 3, please call us at 1800 754 500 or contact your Travel Advisor, and please know, hold times may be longer than usual.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at: 

• 1 888 281 9344 in the U.S. or text us at 800 256-6649
  • 1800 754 500 in Australia / 0800 102 123 in New Zealand
  • In the UK only, by using our webchat service or by calling 0344 493 4005
  • All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for understanding, and we hope you find another cruise with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge, we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Madame Romana said:

They will offer Quantum.  They have to me.  We are on the Solstice too.  We are going to book the 2 two night cruises on the Quantum ending up in Sydney now, too.  We will lose a night in Hawaii and a night at sea.  I am ok with the new plan.  Very confused why it took so long for them to do what they were obviously going to do for months.

jc

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Galveston Cruiser said:

We moved to the Quantum then will pick up Radiance in Vancouver.

So, what cruises do we have in common, other than the upcoming Voyager ones?  Check my signature.  

Twangster, are we finally going to meet!😉

jc

On 2/3/2024 at 8:32 AM, xpcdoojk said:

Much better information here.  😉  Although to expect a ship to not do the TP and then do the Honolulu to Vancouver sailing seems way too optimistic to me.😂  If we both actually do the Ovation from Honolulu on April 29, I will buy you a drink.  Let us know what the April 8th itinerary is when they let you know.  I am desperate for that information.  😘

jc

@joandian I will let you buy me a drink on the Quantum!🤣  I will be at the FlowRider, you can find me easy peasy!!!😂

8 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

So, what cruises do we have in common, other than the upcoming Voyager ones?  Check my signature.  

jc

Appears to be only the Voyager and the Quantum.  We have Utopia -10/20, Adventure 10/25. Voyager 11/9, Jewel 1/23/25 and Radiance 5/25

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Unsure if I'll move to QN.  I might just go to Australia, ride some trains around the country and fly home.  

39 minutes ago, twangster said:

Unsure if I'll move to QN.  I might just go to Australia, ride some trains around the country and fly home.  

Driving on the wrong side of the road isn’t that hard.  I mastered the roads about day 3… the shifting with the left hand and not the right is still a work in progress.  😂  heck.  They may actually have automatic transmissions for the same price as manual these days.  So, if you survive the first couple of days you are good to go, and don’t have to deal with mass transit. 🤣

2 hours ago, Galveston Cruiser said:

Appears to be only the Voyager and the Quantum.  We have Utopia -10/20, Adventure 10/25. Voyager 11/9, Jewel 1/23/25 and Radiance 5/25

Ok, let’s make sure we at least meet!  I am a FlowRider nut, so please come look for me at least once on the TA.  We can have some drinks or colas. 😃

• Like 1

10 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

Driving on the wrong side of the road isn’t that hard.  I mastered the roads about day 3… the shifting with the left hand and not the right is still a work in progress.  😂  heck.  They may actually have automatic transmissions for the same price as manual these days.  So, if you survive the first couple of days you are good to go, and don’t have to deal with mass transit. 🤣

I lived on St. Thomas for a short spell.  Driving on the left in a North American left drive is unique sort of special.  Easy peasy.

My OV cabin for a B3B was a 4D balcony.  That same cabin on QN is a 5D.  Securing the same cabin for a QN B3B may be an issue since they won't put a solo in a 5D.  I won't know until well after the deadline to request a refund.  Royal doesn't care when moving ships like this.  They'll move people wherever to get the move done.  I'm not sure I want to play that game.

Well, I hope it works out for you.  I gave up on having the same cabin, as soon as I realized, I could save hundreds by moving each cruise.  It is inconvenient, but I like certain types of cabins, and that usually involves the balcony and being able to dry my FlowRider gear.  So, the kind rather than the specific is my goal.  

That said, I hope to meet you on a ship some day.

jc

• Like 1