Ovation of the Seas Wine lists

Been trying to find the wine lists for Ovation of the seas - Can locate the menus but struggling to see the wine offerings just for the specialty Restaurants as we have the UDP . Thanks for any assistance  

4 minutes ago, hammo said:

Been trying to find the wine lists for Ovation of the seas - Can locate the menus but struggling to see the wine offerings just for the specialty Restaurants as we have the UDP . Thanks for any assistance  

The wines are listed under beverages on the menu on the app.

Whether or not they have them at any given time is another matter.

29 minutes ago, hammo said:

I've tried that and get  "We're putting the finishing touches on your cruise Check back for updated information "

That is where it will be when it is available. 

Are you looking at something in the distant future? Try something on a similar sailing sooner.

Edited by c-leg5

Love UDP and their 40 percent discount on wine under a hundred, each specialty restaurant had a slightly different wine list . I am pretty particular on wine and very happy with the choices.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, George C said:

Love UDP and their 40 percent discount on wine under a hundred, each specialty restaurant had a slightly different wine list . I am pretty particular on wine and very happy with the choices.

If you have a favorite from another restaurant I would be surprised if they couldn’t get it for you, especially if you are doing UDP and you requested it in advance.

However in my experience the list is merely a suggestion and may differ from what they actually have available at any given time. Much easier to just make a decision in real time from what is available.

No harm in asking if you have seen something you want but I wouldn’t get too fixated and be prepared to be flexible. 

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, hammo said:

What do you want? 
The wine selection in here is poor compared to Brilliance 

They haven’t had any Colombo rose for 2 cruises. I’m drinking a very nice Lindemans Pinot Gris that isn’t even on the menu!  So the menu bears little resemblance to what is, and is not onboard! 

• Like 1

We have the UDP ,and  are sailing in April , so wine is important to us ( our son is a winemaker here ) .

The Beverage package price has come down to $AU98 pd ,which is sort of bearable,  so we bought it although Im told the wine by the glass offered in all the specialty restaurants is even poorer than you would hope for - just a couple of white and red choices. We are Diamond and had planned on using the 4 drinks during the day for cocktail sort of drinks and buying a bottle of wine or 2 at lunch and at dinner using the 40% discount . Thats why Im trying to see what wine is available in the specialty restaurants , thinking I might cancel the Bev Pge if it worked out . I understand there is variance in what is actually offered onboard . Thanks for the input here .

1 hour ago, hammo said:

We have the UDP ,and  are sailing in April , so wine is important to us ( our son is a winemaker here ) .

The Beverage package price has come down to $AU98 pd ,which is sort of bearable,  so we bought it although Im told the wine by the glass offered in all the specialty restaurants is even poorer than you would hope for - just a couple of white and red choices. We are Diamond and had planned on using the 4 drinks during the day for cocktail sort of drinks and buying a bottle of wine or 2 at lunch and at dinner using the 40% discount . Thats why Im trying to see what wine is available in the specialty restaurants , thinking I might cancel the Bev Pge if it worked out . I understand there is variance in what is actually offered onboard . Thanks for the input here .

Only certain wines are available “by the glass” which may be the “choice” you are referring to?  However, the UDP and your C&A coupons,  both entitle you to 40% off bottles under $100 and 20% over, as already mentioned, so unless you want a different glass with every course each per person, this would probably be a better option price wise and for more choice. 

I think you can get a general idea of what is offered by looking at any sailing although this may be subject to some regional differences due to supply so try to look at a similar sailing if possible. Otherwise just go with the flow and be spontaneous!

I am not understanding how a beverage package would increase the choice factor or has a bearing on your decision?

Also you can bring on a bottle of your preferred choice of wine per person at embarkation. 

ETA

I just looked at Ovation for April and I can see the wine menus listed on the app? Are you looking under the restaurant tabs?

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, George C said:

Emmelo Napa merlot and Beriger knights valley are both very nice wines and a good deal with 40 percent off.

And remember in Australia, the price you see is the price you pay… no service charge added  

• Like 1

Thankyou so very much Little Britain , very good of you to do that .

Meagre options for wines by the glass sadly - Most of those Aussie offerings are at the bottom of the selection pool here at home and at a mind boggling markup .For example the Eaglehawk sells here for about $AU8 a bottle anywhere in store ( at Dans 😆) and seldom seen at any restaurant cause why would you drink that if you were going out for dinner ? . Thats about $5US , so $34a bottle onboard ---   and the cheapest "wine " available .Preempting the 40% diamond discount comment about to follow Im sure  lol .

5 hours ago, hammo said:

Thankyou so very much Little Britain , very good of you to do that .

Meagre options for wines by the glass sadly - Most of those Aussie offerings are at the bottom of the selection pool here at home and at a mind boggling markup .For example the Eaglehawk sells here for about $AU8 a bottle anywhere in store ( at Dans 😆) and seldom seen at any restaurant cause why would you drink that if you were going out for dinner ? . Thats about $5US , so $34a bottle onboard ---   and the cheapest "wine " available .Preempting the 40% diamond discount comment about to follow Im sure  lol .

As I said, not too good! I’m drinking their supplies of a Lindeman Pinot Gris which is not on any menu.. I think there are 4 bottles left!! 
DH is on the Andrew Peace by the glass 

8 hours ago, little britain said:

DH is on the Andrew Peace by the glass 

Is the Pepperjack the Mc Claren vale one or the Barossa one ? If its the graded McClaren vale ( it will have a cow on it and something about Scotch fillet on the label 🤣 it retails here around $30AU . The Barossa Pepperjack around $20 so give that a go by the glass . They are quite popular here .

Will keep following this - flying to Thailand this morning - no cruise this time and from past experience equally expensive wines and way more expensive spirits .

• Like 1